New Aircraft after Falkland map

Devil 505

Hey gents,

Razbam just posted a new cross sectional of a new aircraft they said will be done after the Falklands map. The photo is on their Facebook page. Can anyone tell me what aircraft that is. It did not appear to be the OV-10 so it has peaked my curiosity. I saw the military seats, so, no clue.

I agree after looking it up. That is what it is. Thanks! Need to research this bird. I do not know anything about it. I will still buy it though.

I'll definitely buy it.

It may not be the most popular aircraft, but for me it's very interesting turboprop COIN/light attack, well suited for Falkland map. Nice change of pace after all the fast jets. :D

I'll definitely buy it.

It may not be the most popular aircraft, but for me it's very interesting turboprop COIN/light attack, well suited for Falkland map. Nice change of pace after all the fast jets. :D

I see interesting fights coming to the air near you - L39, C101 and Pucas against each others. Should be the most comparable fights I think? (I dont know anything about the Puca, just saw the wikipedi aarticle - But the trainers could be the best enemy they can get in our world besides WW2 planes)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Well the IA-58 Pucará is a light attack airplane, design to deal with insurgents. so basicly a COIN aircraft. its Turbo Prop, can carry shit loads of ordinance including two 20mm Hispano 802 canons and four 7.62 machine guns, plus 3,570 lb of ordinance. Dumb Bombs, Rockets, Napalm, Cluster bombs, gun pods and Even torpedos have been tried on this beast witch its original wings plans were from Kurt Tank Himself when he worked at Fabrica Militar de Aviones.

e90db8a6b16f6ad7124047a9d48f6710o.jpg

Edited by Baco

this beast witch its original wings plans were from Kurt Tank Himself when he worked at Fabrica Militar de Aviones.

Huh, learned something new today. Neat.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its first flight was on 1969 it became operational in squadrons in 1975.

It is still in service in the Argentinian Airforce, Uruguay and Sri Lanka.

It saw acction in Argentina in 1975 against comun ist ERP insurgents in Argentina. In Sri Lanka against TAmil Tigers insurgents from 1993 to 1999. And was deployed in Malvinas (Falklands), in two improvides airbases, Pradera de Ganso (Goose green) and Peble Island. It did mostly armed recon, and soem groudn support missions, but gotheavy casualties from harriers and naval AAA.

Its basic role is Light attack and COIN. Now a days, its is used to intercept unidentified aircraft as part of a border patrol and anti drugs enforcemt.

I see interesting fights coming to the air near you - L39, C101 and Pucas against each others. Should be the most comparable fights I think? (I dont know anything about the Puca, just saw the wikipedi aarticle - But the trainers could be the best enemy they can get in our world besides WW2 planes)

I'd also not heard of the Pukara aircraft until now. Just looked it up and it seems to have similar performance to an old Ju 88 A-4 bomber, but with only half the bomb load and only a quarter of the range. It probably would not fare very well even against the WW2 aircraft in DCS.

The design though reminds me a bit of the Focke-Wulf FW 187 from the late 1930s.

Apparently a Pukara was shot down by small arms fire during the Falklands War. :megalol:

The Pucara was certainly deployed by Argentina in the Falklands but my assumption would have been — because it’s flown by a crew and otherwise off the beaten track for DCS platforms — that it is being created as a non-flyable AI aircraft for that theatre. Do we know if this is definitely not the case?

Edit: Just saw that they have announced the Pucara so, well, never mind!

Edited by Bahger

• 1 year later...
Have Razbam given an indication as to when the Falklands map might be ready?

We cant speculate with timings at the moment, the team are making EPIC progress.

We should be able to give time frames in the coming months. Buts its still early stages of development

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2