Thank you VEAO to experience amazing things with Hawk

When it was first time announced officially on 2018 summer/spring that VEAO is going to move away from DCS, but keep the Hawk maintained, I thanked about the Hawk and publically said that I take it for the last ride, and so I did.

And so I thought, because now when it was officially withdrawn from the store, ED informing in the 2018 December newsletter that they asked files for the maintaining it by themselves and VEAO denied it, it was loud and clearly received that Hawk is only for 2.5.3 now on.

TL;DR Look at the attached screenshots

As I came home after a long period, I was about to launch DCS from long time and about to update, until moment I remembered that 2.5.3 was last I can fly Hawk and I still had it, I cancelled update to 2.5.4 version..... And took Hawk really for its final flight...

I planned just to check out the cockpit design, try some acrobatics, do some touches and then delete it, but I noticed that I had already removed all bindings to HOTAS and didn't plane to spend any time to reconfigure it, so I did start flying what I had (basically just the stick and its own throttle wheel) and took of for some basic flight.

Quickly I found myself just fighting to gain speed and altitude, at 5000 ft and 300 knots I decided to try how high I could get before dropping to 150 knots, and I got to 12 000 ft at 90 degree up. Then I checked how long it takes to gain speed back to 250 knots, and suddenly I was gaining altitude at respectful speed, and rabbit hole started.

At 18 000 ft, I started to think that I am going to push to 10km altitude.

At 25 000 ft, I started to think that 30 000 ft limit is easy....

At 35 000 ft, I was trying to remember what was the Hawk altitude ceiling..... (remembering somewhat 40'000 ft)

At 45 000 ft, I was experiencing big "Whaaa????" by Hawk agility. And kept pushing it upward at 10 degree angle.

At 70 000 ft, I was thinking that what bug is causing it.... As I started to experience attitude instrument craziness (rolling upside down for moments)

At 80 000 ft, I got a red C PR warning light lit up

At 85 000 ft, I got a yellow TRANS warning light lit up

At 88 400 ft, My altitude instruments went dead, didn't move. No vertical instrument nor anything else.

At XX XXX ft, I was flying just by listening the engine RPM pitch, going higher and higher for minutes.

At XX XXX ft, I realized that my speed instrument that was got stuck as well to 12'clock position, was still reading out speed in Mach, needed to look at it closely after a glance, it did read 1.4 Mach.... And going up.

At XX XXX ft, I was going 2.3 Mach.

Then I realized, I was going 3.0 Mach, then 3.2 Mach and finally seeing value 3.4 Mach and I was just thinking that it is good that Hawk is not sold anymore... that Thank You Eagle Dynamics from pulling it from the store if it is not going to be maintained!

In that moment it was that I had lost bearings, no idea where I was flying, no any other instrument working than a backup compass and HSI. So I made simple visual check, when I left the airfield I had the sun on my left at 9'clock, and I started to do a gentle turn to get sun at my 2'clock. After few minutes I was seeing land, no idea where I was but I was going fast.... Based just to the visuals of how quickly the land moved and the engine RPM pitch level.

Then I decided I put the nose down and try to see does the instruments "wake up" from the bugged state, knowing I couldn't trust them at all but still...

And so happened, at 75 000 ft did the altitude instruments wake up, but the speed never, and Mach value was between 9-10.

Then I decided to put Hawk on its final landing waiting to see airfield if I follow the coast, couple minutes later decided I have no idea where I am so I put it on ground, and aircraft was just waving around gently and it was difficult to get stable, even when visually I was somewhere 3-4km altitude.

It did end so that I crashed on the ground.... Uncontrollable aircraft as it did fly like balancing it on the stick. Last speed was .7 Mach before death.

So then I did go to launch Tacview to see what I was doing....

So thank you VEAO to experience, what it must have been flying a SR-71!!!

Hawk_altitude_record.PNG.c313dff9ff37d7cb24b4af4030741561.PNG

Hawk_speed_record.PNG.aba7c9bb11c70fa34b1466cac8e7c832.PNG

Now I know what I can expect some day to feel, to fly a Mig-25 and Mig-31 too!

And Now I can update to 2.5.4 with pleasure, as I have given Hawk a great change to show how amazing aircraft it was.... ;)

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

+1000

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Well, the Hawk by VEAO has always been an excellent piece of software. Read this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184811 :megalol::megalol::megalol:

funny I went there and at the end, there was this guy from VEAO apparently saying this :

Ells228

and to clarify, the contract you speak of that we entered with our users is the EULA agreement you accepted when you bought the module.

Hawk is still being developed to be out of Early Access as per many posts by us on these forums and our Facebook updates.

the more funny thing is that the guy stats show this..

Last Activity: 01-04-2019 01:03 AM

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Legal considerations prevent former VEAO employees/owners from posting here anymore. But that doesn't stop them from checking in to see what's going on with the community.

I would fly the Hawk every now and then to test the progress. I thought that once it got a somewhat functional external flight model that I would be able to enjoy it some. But every single flight I ever made exposed some frustrating flaw that kept me from flying it more often than these periodic progress check flights. The one mission I could enjoy with minimal problems was the 1vs1 dogfight against the Su-27. But if the Su-27 damaged me, the horrible damage model flaws would become readily apparent. Once the release version goes past 2.5.3, I won't ever be flying the Hawk again. I don't really feel a sense of loss. Kind of like spending 8 or 10 bucks on a fast food meal to go and finding out they got the order wrong or the food is cold and tastes bad. It sucks, but I am not going to stress out or waste time going back when I have better things to do.

Eagle Dynamics has been fairly lenient with posts venting anger about VEAO and the Hawk / P-40 situation. I think it is time to lock this forum direct all future posts to the off topic chit chat forum for those that are still compelled to keep venting their anger/frustration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

funny I went there and at the end, there was this guy from VEAO apparently saying this :

Ells228

the more funny thing is that the guy stats show this..

Last Activity: 01-04-2019 01:03 AM

So ? He's obviously reading our posts !! I hope he reads this one; Ells and Conman (sorry Pman), well done, now bugger off.

Mizzy

Legal considerations prevent former VEAO employees/owners from posting here anymore. But that doesn't stop them from checking in to see what's going on with the community.

They should be banned like any other person that contravene forum rules !! And this 'Ells' and 'Pman' have more than contravened the rules, they have ripped off their customers ! How more damaging can you get to get a ban from this forum !! Btw, how do you know they are under 'legal counsel' ?

Mizzy

hawk

Is it me or are you guys missing the point here I am a customer,,,, i paid for a product

If the product is faulty replace it or refund please this is not a lease product, i'm not going to bag anybody but eagle dynamics should front up with something .

Wags, since your the Representative it should come from you? not interested who did what and why it didn't work, you guys took my money for something now has been withdrawn bottom line

cough up

Is it me or are you guys missing the point here I am a customer,,,, i paid for a product

If the product is faulty replace it or refund please this is not a lease product, i'm not going to bag anybody but eagle dynamics should front up with something .

Can't you be bothered to read on this forum ?? Research before you post. We have not missed any of your point as a customer !!

Mizzy

hawk

Wow, you presume to much.. I have indeed read the posts that why I say not bagging anybody

I have been in many partnerships over the years with smaller businesses I know how it works

I know I bought a alpha product in development (risk)

I doubt very much that you will get any thing from them,

All I was saying that at the end of the day eagle dynamics has a lot to lose in credibility on this,(customer confidence)

Its a cop out when a large company says is not our fault,, technically its not and they cant change what there partners do, BUT a good integrity company will always have a counter offer ,or something to show their customers were not just words. (customer satisfaction)

cheers happy new year to all flyers:pilotfly:

Its a cop out when a large company says is not our fault,, technically its not and they cant change what there partners do, BUT a good integrity company will always have a counter offer ,or something to show their customers were not just words. (customer satisfaction)

cheers happy new year to all flyers:pilotfly:

Eagle Dynamics are not a 'large' Company, they are relatively small for a world class software developer. Happy new year :)

Mizzy

Btw, how do you know they are under 'legal counsel' ?

Per their last post on these forums:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225695

Dear All,

We have been silent on reply’s and direct messages under instruction from our lawyer.

To dispel any myths, all I am allowed to confirm right now is that we are in constant contact with Nick Grey, head of Eagle Dynamics, about this situation.

Regards,

Chris.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]