Err... Churches?

DD_Fenrir

Not a one I can find on the UK side of the channel map!

Not that I'm a particularly pious individual, my interest is far less spiritual; when one is (eventually) racing around at treetop height in a Mosquito, what navigation landmarks would stand out at that height, allowing your long suffering navigator a tenuous chance for a position fix...?

Given there should be one in every Parish (village) on the UK side, and I'd imagine a similar arrangement across the Channel, these would seem (particularly in the light of the forthcoming Mossie) to be something of an omission.

Come to think of it can't recall ever seeing one on the Normandy map either...

yes churches are an important navigation aid in the UK.

they even built a fake one near RAF binbrook for the film mamphis bell when they filmed the B-17 taking off and landing. and the air base scenes.

the church tower was scaffolding and painted canvas. you see it in several scenes.

binbrooks actual church was in dead ground from the airfield. as is the village.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Or cricket pitches.

But almost every field has a tractor.

It's a great looking map, I had a low, slow flight round in a Huey. I think the contrast and look of the villages and towns is nearly spot on, or it will be when the churches have been added.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying it so far. More detail than Normandy and a bit more geographically interesting with the cliffs.

Since I don't own any choppers to have a proper look, how do youtube creators like Philstyle do a first person view and look around in the towns etc?

I'm enjoying it so far. More detail than Normandy and a bit more geographically interesting with the cliffs.

Since I don't own any choppers to have a proper look, how do youtube creators like Philstyle do a first person view and look around in the towns etc?

LCTL + F11 = Free Cam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Exactly, was at Canterbury, no cathedral there... o_o

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

This is a great post and makes a lot of sense. Chuches, like the PG's maps original missing Mosques, are one of the most distinguishable features because of the way they stand out. Navigational points, is exactly it, from the air, prominent and everywhere. And on the map, apart from the special unique models, they are nowhere to be seen.

Fully support this, you should see a church in every village. Adding them would massively increase immersion and flavour for Europe.

FIve star request.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Wow, apparently there is at least one church on the map... o_o or is this in France?

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow, apparently there is at least one church on the map... o_o or is this in France?

Looks like Dover castle

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.