DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

Will it be updates regularly now?

Depends on what metric you use. On a geologic time scale, once every five months is pretty much constant!

Historically, stable updates came about every three weeks. There's no reason to expect that has changed. 256 update was an outlier, not the new business as usual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

Question on the Varjo addition to native support. This announcement was a big surprise. But....5000-12000 for a head set is well outside of enthusiast level expenditure. With the Reverb G2 announcement, is there any news available from @wags, @bignewy or @ nineline on the native support for the reverb from this post last year?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3937415&postcount=1080

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will play with it. I didn't notice the VVSL option even when I first turned on the FLIR, sitting on the runway but maybe it is a WOW issue. Pretty sure that I tried UNDESIGNATING everything in flight and still didn't see it, but will give it another shot.

OK... so now I am totally confused.

-Took off and turned on the FLIR. Saw the VVSLV option.

-Selected JDAM to start setting them up. As soon as click TOO mode, the FLIR pointed itself SOMEWHERE.. VVSLV disappeared and for the remainder of the Flight I could NOT get it back. At this point NO targets were designated.

-Deselected JDAM, Hit UNDESIGNATE multiple times just in case, Did a CAGE/UNCAGE. The Pod Stowed. Still no VVSLV.

-Designated a WP as target... FLIR slewed to it. UNDESIGNATED. No VVLSV. Tried to designate ANOTHER WP. FLIR never moved.

Gonna prepare a TRK and record a video later. Meanwhile, any ideas?

In 2.5.5 I had the TPOD running great. Also had a sort of VVSLV by Boresighting, aiming the VV while giving a slight TDC slew to greound stabilize. That, of course no longer works. Now it seems to have a mind of its own. Since there are numerous TPOD discussions over on the F/A-18C forum I might move my questions over there..

EDIT: Over in the other thread they said it was a known bug that entering TOO mode with a JDAM will create a Target point that cannot be undesignated and causes the issues I was seeing. I tried again without setting up JDAM, and the TPOD was working as advertised.

Edited by Recluse

Momma Mia!! What an update!

Time to delete OB and install stable. :D

Why? They are the exact same thing now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Sad to say, that this patch has made no difference to my frame times for the Supercarrier. Still horrendous in VR.

Without shadows stable 45 in VR, with shadows at low, medium or high somewhat of 25 to 30 fps, so this patch didn't fix it.

My dear shadows, .... bye bye :cry:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

i am very lost i know there is update for dcs but i have to wait for open beta to download update itself or i have to uninstall open beta and download stable version?

I have been using open beta so do i need to delete that install and reinstall the stable version? (steam)

Just stick with OB. It's the same as Stable atm.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hey ED,

with my 16 MBPS connection, it took me 4 hrs. 45 mins. to download the Stable 2.5.6 update (18.7 GB).

Kindly correct the DL speed ED.

Thanks.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

OK... so now I am totally confused.

-Took off and turned on the FLIR. Saw the VVSLV option.

-Selected JDAM to start setting them up. As soon as click TOO mode, the FLIR pointed itself SOMEWHERE.. VVSLV disappeared and for the remainder of the Flight I could NOT get it back. At this point NO targets were designated.

-Deselected JDAM, Hit UNDESIGNATE multiple times just in case, Did a CAGE/UNCAGE. The Pod Stowed. Still no VVSLV.

-Designated a WP as target... FLIR slewed to it. UNDESIGNATED. No VVLSV. Tried to designate ANOTHER WP. FLIR never moved.

Gonna prepare a TRK and record a video later. Meanwhile, any ideas?

In 2.5.5 I had the TPOD running great. Also had a sort of VVSLV by Boresighting, aiming the VV while giving a slight TDC slew to greound stabilize. That, of course no longer works. Now it seems to have a mind of its own. Since there are numerous TPOD discussions over on the F/A-18C forum I might move my questions over there..

EDIT: Over in the other thread they said it was a known bug that entering TOO mode with a JDAM will create a Target point that cannot be undesignated and causes the issues I was seeing. I tried again without setting up JDAM, and the TPOD was working as advertised.

i have not noticed that problem but do not use JDAMS much. i do know it works fine with JSOW. i will try JDAMS and see what happens.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Why? They are the exact same thing now!

Because stable won't be getting more updates that break it. It didn't make sense to do it before because stable was too far behind OB.

Stable has enough updates to keep me happy now.

Buzz

Hey ED,

with my 16 MBPS connection, it took me 4 hrs. 45 mins. to download the Stable 2.5.6 update (18.7 GB).

Kindly correct the DL speed ED.

Thanks.

You can't blame ED for your slow connection. Especially, when so many are downloading at the same time. It took me 45 min to get it.

Buzz

Because stable won't be getting more updates that break it. It didn't make sense to do it before because stable was too far behind OB.

Stable has enough updates to keep me happy now.

Yes, so stick with your current OB install and don't update. Save yourself the grief of another massive download.

You can't blame ED for your slow connection. Especially, when so many are downloading at the same time. It took me 45 min to get it.

I think he probably means 16 MB/s not mbps, so it's a pretty fast 128 mbps.

In my experience, my 300 mbps connection slows to several kbps on ED servers at times.

It didn't take 4 hours if he was getting a 16MB download.

I think that’s his point! If he has a good connection, why is the DCS download so slow. See my previous comment about my own experience.

My point is wasn't getting a 16MB download. I know what my download speed was and how long it took. He wouldn't be complaining if he got a 16MB download.

It took him 4 hours because his connection is slow. At least it was slow for 2020.

Buzz

i have not noticed that problem but do not use JDAMS much. i do know it works fine with JSOW. i will try JDAMS and see what happens.

Great! Looking forward to hearing what you found.

It is interesting as this is specifically called out in the Patch Notes as being fixed.

TGP. SLAVE behaves different for JDAM PP / TOO - fixed

It seems in FIXING this particular SLAVE issue, they created the new one :)

BTW: This is the thread I was referencing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275536

Edited by Recluse

My point is wasn't getting a 16MB download. I know what my download speed was and how long it took. He wouldn't be complaining if he got a 16MB download.

It took him 4 hours because his connection is slow. At least it was slow for 2020.

My connection is not slow. Its fast, but most of the times the speed on ED servers comes down to 400 kbps.

That is the problem. So the download took more than 4 hrs. I think IMACKEN also experienced the same problem.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Has the AI (wingman) been improved lately? Can't say I've seen it in change logs.

Today, for the first time since I can remember, my wingman called out "BINGO" and didn't call out "Ejecting!" right afterwards :thumbup:

He even had enough fuel left, for me to tell him to hit the tanker (20nm away)

All happened in the F/A-18C by the way

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH