Front\rear cockpit desyncs and other compliments on the C-101

DeTesla

Now let me just firstly state that i love the C-101-CC\EB. I am a Huey rotor-head by heart, however as i dislike screens in my cockpit, this is a perfect addition to my valued collection of aircraft's i properly value. Dials and gauges are highly undervalued.

I bought this aircraft a while ago, however its just in the past few months when i found a buddy to fly with i really started to do a deep dive into its systems and flight procedures, and i don't think I'll ever go back to the way things were.

As an avid user of kneeboard's, as i fly in VR, it is now filled up with checklist for nearly every aspect of the aircraft in which i try to follow religiously. And i'm glad that the fidelity this aircraft delivers to the user allows me to really immerse myself into it, and have a good time doing it. And it is the fact that this is a two cockpit configuration, which allows two users to inhabit the aircraft at the same time (unlike the F-14, in which only one person has control of one aspect of the aircraft, depending on what seat you're in) , thus both persons has control over multiple same aspects, which makes this one of my favorite fixed wing additions to DCS.

Its hidden Side

Now with all of this said, it is not all blue skies and roses with this aircraft, as it sometimes shows its hidden side, the side which is not publicized.

I'm talking De-syncs between the front and rear cockpit.

I was flying with my buddy a day or so ago, and the problems started already on the ramp, dark and cold.

We both spawned in the aircraft, me in the rear, my buddy on main stick. He switched on the batteries, and we both went through our checklists for startup. When we came to starting the engine, i was the one on that duty, as my buddy still had his weapons, navigation and radio checklist to go through.

When the engines was started and running idle, my buddy asked if i had started up the engine, and i said, promptly, yes, my instruments show idle on the dashboard. However, in the front seat, engines was still on crank.

We went through engine fail checklist, and after a while we concluded with that it was a horrible de-sync of the two clients.

I even peaked up and took a peak at his instruments, and they showed idle engine rpm.

Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened.

Here is two de-sync bugs that me and my buddy, sharing the same aircraft have noticed over the last couple of flights;

1: We have the, to my knowledge, recent bug where increasing instrument and console lights, will automatically lower the gear handle, thus lowering the gear, mid-flight, without having the ability to raise them, even when gear handle is raised in both cockpits. Now i believe that is a quick fix, which i believe has been reported (it is one of the unique bugs i've come over).

2: Flight Director in the rear cockpit will stay on STBY mode indefinitely even though the front cockpit has turned it on, notably ALT and HDG hold, with NAV selected on rear cockpit, thus, preventing the attitude needles to show in flight.

We can only conclude with that Aviodev have not yet polished the client-sync as much as we would hope, however, the aircraft is still in heavy development, in which i am extremely glad for.

The light at the end of the tunnel

With all of this said, we cannot disregard that every module with a shared cockpit option, wont have these kinds of problems. Most of us have an understanding that the amount of information shared between clients and server is very immense, that de-syncs are nearly bound to happen, nearly by the laws of physics. in light of this, we can assume that things will only get better by time (and money, so keep playing and purchasing modules) so all we can really do is wait for things to smooth out, and eventually, hopefully, the transition from one to two clients will become seamless, and thus, fun (not that its not already fun, as it clearly is).

Thank you Aviodev for this amazing module. Keep up the amazing work you do, and i will continuously look forward to the new additions and implementations on this aircraft, and having great fun while i do so.

(Also, this is just a post to explain some of the bugs ive noticed, so call it a glorified bug report)

Edited by DeTesla

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Hello,

I enjoyed reading your report .. I haven't experienced these issues myself, as I only fly single player, but I've read posts from Vibora where he tells that Multiplayer sync is still a WIP, hopefully they will be able to solve these issues.

Your mention of detailed procedures caught my eye .. I've writen some, based on the manual of the real C-101EB, the DCS manual and posts from the Forum:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/index.php?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=41&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=151&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=rudel-chw&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

... but I'd love to check yours, if by any chance they are in english, could you share them with the community?

Thanks a lot and greetings,

Eduardo

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I enjoyed reading your report .. I haven't experienced these issues myself, as I only fly single player, but I've read posts from Vibora where he tells that Multiplayer sync is still a WIP, hopefully they will be able to solve these issues.

Your mention of detailed procedures caught my eye .. I've writen some, based on the manual of the real C-101EB, the DCS manual and posts from the Forum:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/index.php?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=41&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=151&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=rudel-chw&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

... but I'd love to check yours, if by any chance they are in english, could you share them with the community?

Thanks a lot and greetings,

Eduardo

:thumbup:

Heh my dude, im using yours. It is extremely informative, and frankly, with your checklists, i would not have to create my own, so thank you for your contribution. I'm also using a few scraps of checklists i found on the internet for the C-101, but yours makes the bulk of it.

Yeah i fly mainly in multiplayer. I'm guessing there is a clear line in-between single- and multiplayer users on DCS.

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Heh my dude, im using yours...

:doh: :) I'm honored .. for a while I tought that you had more complete ones :)

Yeah i fly mainly in multiplayer. I'm guessing there is a clear line in-between single- and multiplayer users on DCS.

Yes, I tried Multiplayer but found that it wasnt for me .. I guess I'm socially inept or something, because I met a lot of fellas that I couldnt stand :cry:

... the whole gamut: from those that consider DCS a shooter like Arma, to those who care more about their score than getting to know their aircrafts in-depth, to those that giggle constantly over the radio, to those that just want you as personal free teacher .. I suffered this for about 9 months, until I realized that I enjoyed DCS more flying by myself .. even if the AI is not good.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, I tried Multiplayer but found that it wasnt for me .. I guess I'm socially inept or something, because I met a lot of fellas that I couldnt stand :cry:

I found a community in which i could fly with semi-professionally, and i have not experienced any problems in that department.

to those that just want you as personal free teacher ..

I have been a Huey instructor for about two years, and weirdly i have not experienced that phenomena yet. However that might change when multi-crew for the Huey will release.

But hey, i do like to teach the Huey, so i would'nt mind it.

I was just about to buy this module until I read this. I loved the engine fail simulation and all the IFR suite and western look it has. But I was looking for a multicrew option to play with some students and polish some aspects they wanted. So I guess the C101 is not the best way to get this done if it has these bugs. Very disappointed actually but thank you so much for this report that let me know its shortcomings.

Stay safe

I was just about to buy this module until I read this. I loved the engine fail simulation and all the IFR suite and western look it has. But I was looking for a multicrew option to play with some students and polish some aspects they wanted. So I guess the C101 is not the best way to get this done if it has these bugs. Very disappointed actually but thank you so much for this report that let me know its shortcomings.

I'm sorry to see that you decided not to buy our module because multicrew is not completed. We have in our plans to work on it in a few weeks.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I'm sorry to see that you decided not to buy our module because multicrew is not completed. We have in our plans to work on it in a few weeks.

I'm sure the module is great, I've seen a lot of positive things about it, but honestly multicrew was a must for me and if you don't mind me saying, I think it should be a priority given it is a two seat plane and one of its major things that can draw customers is that fact. Thanks for your reply.

Stay safe

Well, don't wait for it because of lacking multicrew, it is not like multicrew is working any better in the l-39 or the yak.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Well, don't wait for it because of lacking multicrew, it is not like multicrew is working any better in the l-39 or the yak.

Really? I thought this desync problem was in the c101 but not in the ED's modules. Can someone confirm this statement? I was planning on getting either one of those instead.

Stay safe

Really? I thought this desync problem was in the c101 but not in the ED's modules. Can someone confirm this statement? I was planning on getting either one of those instead.
Can't comment on that but another consideration is that the C-101 is the only NATO style trainer. So, if you want to train with TACAN and VOR and western style gauges, you would want the C-101.

Can't comment on that but another consideration is that the C-101 is the only NATO style trainer. So, if you want to train with TACAN and VOR and western style gauges, you would want the C-101.

Absolutely! Like I said before, I love how the module looks and its capabilities with IFR hood, engine limitations, etc. But each person has his own priorities, for me the first one was multicrew experience.

Stay safe

This specific problem is only in the c-101 as far as I can tell, but in the yak more often than not, multicrew is bugged with smoke being on for one person, off for the other, canopy open for one person and stuff like that (the important controls normally work).

I don't know if it is fixed now but for a long time the l-39 would lose its controll surfaces while transfering controls from pilot to instructor, when not flying level with controls centered.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

• 3 months later...