OV-10 Bronco in coming?

.Tigre.

Yes, they revelead that they are working on a Bronco las year: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3384899&postcount=20

It was also spotted on a RAZBAM video last year: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220496

But it's nice to see some actual screenshots of it now :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The good old Garrett TPE331 / T76 Turboprop! Bring it!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The Bronco will definitely be a first day buy for me!! :thumbup:

+1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I saw one of these I think at Duxford one year, it was something I'd never heard of before and it captivated me. What is it, like a light attack aircraft? For a spectator on the ground it looks like something that could've been from the later years of WWII.

26702180953_fdbc363d2f_b.jpg

I saw one of these I think at Duxford one year, it was something I'd never heard of before and it captivated me. What is it, like a light attack aircraft? For a spectator on the ground it looks like something that could've been from the later years of WWII.

The one in your picture was used by the Luftwaffe as a target tug. The rear cargo door was replaced by a "glass-dome". As much as I know, they were unarmed.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The Bronco was used in Vietnam, by FAC and I believe rescue co-ord. Different war, in that we have lots of SAM's, so I will be using the ejector seat quite soon after buying I'd think. It and the Cessna 0-2 were ok in the field, only small arms' fire (it can still kill you) but you would generally be low and fast looking down into the jungle cover to spot troops, if you you got shot at, you noted the point, popped some smoke on top of the unfriendlies then went out to a safe area and called it more grown ups to pound the area. Come back later to count the bodies if possible.

26702180953_fdbc363d2f_b.jpg

Yes, that one with the glass at the back reminds me of a FW-189 or P-61

nGb3PDU2ZLs.jpg

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Looks like an "A". Hard to tell without a better picture of exhausts and props (3 v 4 blade); but definitely not a D (which has long nose with sensor ball).

I was lucky enough to get a few flights in USAF OV-10s in the PI and out of Patrick AFB (FAC school). When I win the lottery, it's the first plane I'm getting! More fun than a bag of monkeys, fully acro, and you can take all your stuff with you when you want to go camping out!

Navy did some testing a few years ago with a couple of upgraded OV-10Gs flying out of dirt strips in Syria, using APKWS laser guided 70mm rockets to take out ISIS mofos. Worked beautifully, apparently: https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ov-10-broncos-were-sent-to-fight-isis-and-they-kicked-a-1764407068

Good vid:

Instant buy for me.

Vulture

Edited by Kirk66

There's a great book in digital and paperback that gives a great insight into flying and fighting in the Bronco in SE Asia.

https://www.amazon.com/Lonely-Kind-War-Forward-Controller/dp/0891416382

Totally agree, A Lonely Kind of War is an outstanding book, well written and fascinating topic. Recommend to all on this forum. They landed Broncos on a jungle road in a firefight to pick up troops during one sortie.

Why does Amazon ask, "Did you mean: flying black panties" :megalol:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

is this really coming or a wishlist?

There's no official announcement but the pictures are from Razbam, and you can see for yourself how much effort has already gone into what they did, so the conclusion seems to be a fair one.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It wouldn't be half as funny if it weren't real :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=202965&stc=1&d=1548358291

1691979695_HardCopy_20190124_202949-Amazon.com_FlyingBlackPonies_Books.thumb.jpg.777ff6f53b41bb2656817894a0b523d1.jpg

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1