Any Chance Of a WWII Carrier?

Leatherneck is working on an Iwo Jima map, on a Corsair and probably (it's what I would do from a marketing perspective) at least on a Japanese AI aircraft to counter it.

They are also working on a WWII Carrier, American to start but if the Corsair and Iwo Jima sell well I bet a Japanese will follow together with a Japanese module. The Pacific scenario with carrier ops is probably the most rewarding at the moment (no other sym to fight...) for ED and third part producer si I think that we have good possibilities for it.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I was thinking there was a carrier planned with the F4u Corsair I hope to see the Corsair out soon-so Leatherneck will live up to their name

I believe that you are correct Upyr1, there was a single image of one that was supposed to be getting developed however, it was a model of the USS Yorktown, CV-5, which was sunk long before the Corsair ever began to operate off of a carrier, Royal or US Navy. It was a very preliminary screen shot so maybe they have changed course and have elected to go with a more relevant carrier. Like you, I also hope for an IJN representation of a carrier and carrier capable a/c, even if only AI at first. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It turns out that the Charlie pennant also means Yes, or Affermative, which might explain it's use, since the aircraft flying by with it's tailhook extended was a "request" to come aboard. Back when all these procedures were being developed, radio was not being used either because they weren't installed or due to concerns of radio disipline for security.

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/communications/flags/flags.html

Edited by AG-51_Razor
clarity

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was thinking there was a carrier planned with the F4u Corsair I hope to see the Corsair out soon-so Leatherneck will live up to their name

How about the USS Shangri-La CV-38. It was in WWII, and still around until at least 1969.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I believe that you are correct Upyr1, there was a single image of one that was supposed to be getting developed however, it was a model of the USS Yorktown, CV-5, which was sunk long before the Corsair ever began to operate off of a carrier, Royal or US Navy. It was a very preliminary screen shot so maybe they have changed course and have elected to go with a more relevant carrier. Like you, I also hope for an IJN representation of a carrier and carrier capable a/c, even if only AI at first. :pilotfly:

Yeah. I think if there is a carrier done, it should probably be the most generic type that also saw postwar service in korea. My Vote would be for an Essex class carrier (24 built), preferably a long hull one. And if folks wanted to get ambitious, they could do 2-3 versions, the straight deck WW2/Korea versions and then later angle deck upgrade that served all the way to the VN war. Plus you could retread some of the unconverted ones into LHP's for helo guys. You could do F4U's all the way up to F8 crusaders and A4's. Plus someone should build us some SPADS...

1920px-Essex-class_carrier_modernisations_1944-1960.jpg

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am down for the above. More carrier operations I think would be a welcomed site, especially for the WW2 buffs such as myself. I really believe they will wait on other carriers though until the new carrier module is released. The new tech coming a long with it will do loads down the road. Deck crews, functional elevators, below deck, ready room ,bridge, ect....

• 3 months later...
Yeah. I think if there is a carrier done, it should probably be the most generic type that also saw postwar service in korea. My Vote would be for an Essex class carrier (24 built), preferably a long hull one. And if folks wanted to get ambitious, they could do 2-3 versions, the straight deck WW2/Korea versions and then later angle deck upgrade that served all the way to the VN war. Plus you could retread some of the unconverted ones into LHP's for helo guys. You could do F4U's all the way up to F8 crusaders and A4's. Plus someone should build us some SPADS...

1920px-Essex-class_carrier_modernisations_1944-1960.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that I read somewhere that M3 was looking into producing an angled deck Essex class to accompany their Crusader :thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Priced Right, we could get the WWII Pacific Assets Pack w/usable carriers...and redesignate the current Assets as WWII Europe...opens up expansion for a WWII North Africa Assets Pack as well in the future.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With M3 planning to release an Essex class for their F4U-1D, I would be really happy to pay for a WWII Pacific Assets pack that included a CVE, a DD, CA, BB and some amphibious assault ships like an LSD maybe. It would really be nice if they would release more than one of each type so you wouldn't end up with a bunch of the same ship names out there. I don't see that as being a terribly hard thing to accomplish. If so, enlighten me please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]