Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting

Don't expect an answer, the developers to my knowledge have never posted on the forums.

That appears to be correct, I have never seen a single answer here.

But what can you expect, if you think that their website expired as well?

I wonder how long will it take for people to start speculating that Ugra Media does not exist anymore based on the fact their website (https://ugra-media.ru/) expired.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The only proof of this map is in the F16 announcement video by wags as hes flying on it in that video. It is quite suspect website is down and never any comms on this map. As Snoopy has stated i will also, this is the most anticipated map in my book. Hope its still a thing....:joystick:

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

In Russian roadmap thread Kate said, that she was going to review some new piece of work about this map.

Intel Core i5 7600k, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk. III + MCG PRO, Saitek X52PRO, Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

True

In Russian roadmap thread Kate said, that she was going to review some new piece of work about this map.

She also said ED is not willing to share WIP that is not pretty.

So, ED reviewed quality and must have deemed quality to be below expectations as they said they forwarded feedback to Ugra Media, yet we don't even get to see WIP images.

As much as I am hyped for this Middle East map , the truth is, that so far, released images were well below current standard we see with the Channel map and Mariana Islands, therefore I am not holding my breath.

Location wise, it is spot on, but ultimately it's the terrain fidelity and graphical quality that I will base my purchase on.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I hope ED takes over this map. I don't trust ugra media so much tbh

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

They won't

I hope ED takes over this map. I don't trust ugra media so much tbh

Not only there is a copyright issue (ED would need to purchase from developer) but there is also issue on available resources.

Don't forget there are already two maps in progress with short - medium terms and also long term WW2 modification to Mariana Islands map.

Guys it is better to admit to ourself that we wont see that map at all, that is dead project year from now.

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

To the contrary...

Guys it is better to admit to ourself that we wont see that map at all, that is dead project year from now.

That's a harsh statement.

Kate Perederko's said last month that she would like ED to release Syria map this year - mind you this is not a promise or set in stone plan.

Edited by Gierasimov
found evidence

I hope that i am wrong but this is too much bro, without any info on progress or anything... dead web page, no answers on forum... for me it is dead bro... I really would like to take off from Incirlik again, but no joy.

106_47.jpg

• ED Team

I've been enjoying flying in a dead project then. :)

We are testing internally.

Ugra Media and ED will share more news as soon as they are ready to.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

thanks

With all due respect to you Bignewy, I have already read too many of these posts (Ugra Media and ED will share more news as soon as they are ready to.), when I see any post regarding the progress of the map I will eat my comments with pleasure. The year has passed reading notning about it.

106_47.jpg

Can you comment on quality?

thanks

Hey Bignewy,

With lack of any new public screenshots can you at least comment on the visual quality?

Has it improved since initial screenshots that were posted on their website? Those looked like DCS 1.5.

Edited by Gierasimov

thanks

Awesome, do me a favor and if an A-10C (or F-15) can’t be placed for cold starts in the hardened shelters on India and Hotel loops at Incirlik let me know and I’ll share pictures with you from my deployment there in 2016 showing us working out of them.

the progress of the map

The thing is, we don't know ED's priorities and thus, can only guess what's bubbling and what's on the back burner at any given time. But I still believe Newy when he says it isn't dead, because he's in the know... whereas punters, such as you and me, are anything but.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I would love to see something new from this map, I remember seeing the first video of the F-16 and thought it was about to come out :(

Yeah dude, at that time i was whit that feeling, it will come out any moment.... but.... it is still just a dream for us.

106_47.jpg

I'm really sorry to see there is so much doubt about the dev completing the project, or even existing at this point. Still, I don't think BIGNEWY would deliberately make comments to lie and mislead, so I choose to believe this will be completed and available to us at some point.

I really hope this map will show the bases each country is using in Syria. I have several objections I would like to register in the key of Mk 84... :joystick:

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I'm really sorry to see there is so much doubt about the dev completing the project, or even existing at this point. Still, I don't think BIGNEWY would deliberately make comments to lie and mislead, so I choose to believe this will be completed and available to us at some point.

I really hope this map will show the bases each country is using in Syria. I have several objections I would like to register in the key of Mk 84... :joystick:

I am not talking about BIGNEWY, he wont lie or misleading, as anyone from ED, but have im mind that they get every module/map from devs as a WIP and they can said we are flying/tasting it so it is not dead project. But it depends of devs, they can left that project for years at that stage so both BIGNEWY and i will have rights to say: *It is not dead project i am flying on it.

* It is dead project no words of it for a months!

106_47.jpg

Looks like Syria map is still being developed.

In the video below by Matt Wagner if you go to 4:48 you will see Syria map at the bottom of the mission files. It is dated April 20th 2020

Ryzen 5 3600X, 32GB DDR4, 1060 6GB, 1TB M.2, ASUS B450-I Gaming, Windows 10 64, ASUS Monitor 29" Ultrawide 2560 X 1080, BenQ 22" 1080p

DCS Stable version, FC3, L39, A10-C

Thrustmaster T.16000 HOTAS

Looks like Syria map is still being developed.

In the video below by Matt Wagner if you go to 4:48 you will see Syria map at the bottom of the mission files. It is dated April 20th 2020

As i told already they have it to test as a WIP so it can stays at that phase forever and we wont get it. What serious third party developer would let to their main web page with all their progress details on this map, as well as others, just disapear form net? I would like more than anyone to see that map finished and would pay for it instantly even today if they tols will be finishes during 2020 some day. But as we all can see except ED team, nobody didnt saw the one letter of existence of that map for months.

106_47.jpg