The Harrier official campaign thread

baltic_dragon

The Harrier official campaign thread  

686 members have voted

1. 1. The Harrier official campaign thread

• Both training and campaign in Caucasus
    • Training in Nevada and campaign in Caucasus
    • Both training and campaign in Nevada (so another Red Flag)

If someone can't afford the hobby then they should find another one.

Once again you are missing the point. It's not about what the customer can afford. It's about what the developer wants to sell. Especially a third party developer who doesn't see a dime from the sales of any other modules other than their own.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again you are missing the point. It's not about what the customer can afford. It's about what the developer wants to sell. Especially a third party developer who doesn't see a dime from the sales of any other modules other than their own.

They can sell what they want but considering that they can't make a WWII mission without using paid content then the missions you want included in the offerings by VEAO and the other company will be crap.

These developers should have thought about that, along with quite a few other things, before they got into this business.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I see people's point of having all the missions in the Caucuses,, but if we a going for realism (and I think the overwhelming majority of us playing are) then t makes more sense to have the training in a training map like the NTTR and then deploy to another map. I like that idea a ton. But I would understand if they just went and did it all in the Caucuses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Basic training missions (coming with the module) on the free map.

In depth training campaign (DLC?) in NTTR

Combat campaign (coming with the module?) in Caucasus

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

If the training missions and campaign come as part of a module, it should be on Caucasus, so you can use everything in the module.

Obviously if any dev in future decided a module was both an aircraft and a map, then that map would be the one to use.

If the missions are add-on DLC, there should be no restriction on what map the dev wants to do it for.

Of course, there's nothing stopping a dev doing a few start up/familiarisation missions for the Black Sea with a small mini campaign, then doing a full blown Training or Combat campaign as DLC on another map, which appears to be the path that other 3rd parties are doing and one that is perfectly acceptable in my eyes.

Basic training missions (coming with the module) on the free map.

In depth training campaign (DLC?) in NTTR

Combat campaign (coming with the module?) in Caucasus

We're still discussing it, but from the quality / work involvement point of view, the training would most probably come free with the module (but it would be done in a form of campaign, though a bit limited - so with a story line and characters). The full combat campaign would be a DLC most probably.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

We're still discussing it, but from the quality / work involvement point of view, the training would most probably come free with the module (but it would be done in a form of campaign, though a bit limited - so with a story line and characters). The full combat campaign would be a DLC most probably.

In that case I agree with Buzzles: stuff that comes with the module should probably be on the free map. It's the only fair way to guarrantee that everybody gets the same value for his money.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 3 months later...
In my opinion, the most important part right now (DLC or not) is to give training missions and campaigns multiplayer support. :thumbup:

MP will be doable (and I am considering it) for training scenarios. The big campaign will most likely be a DLC that would come later on.

For the moment my state of mind regarding the campaign is as follows:

- very basic training missions in Caucasus. Something similar to what has been done for M-2000C. Free with the module.

- advanced training campaign in NTTR, in form of preparation for the main campaign. Also free with the module. This will be done as normal missions, so with different pilots with whom you'd be later on deployed for the campaign, storyline etc. Also some of the missions will be available in MP.

- full campaign in Caucasus. I already have an idea for the background and it will probably be a different angle of the conflict that will be featured in a new A-10C campaign, "The Crimson Dawn", work on which is pretty advanced.

I'll come back with more details on all that and some other things shortly.

I will first focus on nice training and probably wait with the campaign for 2.5, which should coincide nicely in time. I believe there will be quite a few changes, so it is better to start already there... of course we'll see when it arrives.

Definitely advanced training in NTTR with its own storyline, pilots etc. to make it more interesting than simple "push this, switch that".

I have been in touch with very good people with real life experience of USMC operations who kindly agreed to provide expertise and background to extent possible (helping mostly with radio etiquette/operations, FARP operations, joint Close Air Support procedures and brevity, as well as deployment experience), and also with Harrier pilots - so I hope to provide you guys with best experience possible.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing what awesomeness you have in store for us baltic_dragon!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I think training for any module would need to be on the Caucuses map. I think it would be frustrating if someone bought the module and the only way to get the training would possibly require an additional purchase.

I really like the idea of the campaign on the Normandy map using an alternate timeline.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I wouldn't mind the training in the caucus map but I also kind of vote for NTTR since it indeed is a training map. I'm enjoying the mirage campaign a lot so as long as the missions are similar to the same work you've been doing, I don't care where they end up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I almost feel like it would be beneficial if in 2.5, the NTTR was the free map and the Caucuses were the paid DLC that way training for Harriers, Hornets and Tomcats would be in a more realistic (and cool) environment than basic training in the soviet bloc haha. But my guess is thats just a far off wish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I almost feel like it would be beneficial if in 2.5, the NTTR was the free map and the Caucuses were the paid DLC that way training for Harriers, Hornets and Tomcats would be in a more realistic (and cool) environment than basic training in the soviet bloc haha. But my guess is thats just a far off wish

What about the people who aren't American, and don't fly American jets? I'm sure they'd like to train in a more realistic, for them, environment. I would love it if training missions were done in Nevada as well, but I also try to see everyones perspective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey gentlemen,

An update from my side. It seems that it won't be possible time-wise to do three different things (so training, training campaign and full campaign). So for the moment it looks like first there will be a normal training that will be done in Caucasus (so everyone can fly it), possibly released on mission by mission basis as soon as I finish them.

And then a bit later there will be a story - driven, long campaign taking place in Caucasus as well, I have two good (I think) ideas to use (which means that possibly we will end up with two different campaigns in the end) :) - this will be a DLC though.

And if there is a need for that, I don't exclude an option for a immersive and detailed training campaign for Harrier in NTTR, something similar to what we are building for A-10C: (SEE HERE)

My 2 cent..

a training on both map..

campaign in Caucasus

I mean..the training should be standard for each plane in each map. to help the new player, like me :D . It will be also a good customer choice, even if it will take time.

I'm lucky I bought also Nevada, but Ofc everyone got Caucasus and there is plenty of water where to place carrier.

Anyway..goood job guy..gooood job!!

• 2 weeks later...

Training should always be on the free terrain, unless the harrier ships with its own one.

Maybe NTTR should be the free theater and Caucasus paid one :D

And for the campaign, I would suggest to wait for the Straights of Hormuz and make it there

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Training should always be on the free terrain, unless the harrier ships with its own one.

And for the campaign, I would suggest to wait for the Straights of Hormuz and make it there

Straights of Hormuz is probably the perfect theatre for this bird.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

Really hoping that this campaign will be made for the 2.5 Caucasus map!

(also, training in NTTR, please)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sooo... there won't be a campaign included in the module. Correct?

Specs: