Mig-15 Combat Guides?

wizav

Hi

This link is from Chucks Guide. Its a guide on how the Sabre should be flown, but its also applicable to Mig-15 pilots, as it might give you an insight on what to expect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3T1RudnlMWGZ6OVE/view

And in case you want some more basic information, try Chuck's Guide for the Mig-15. He does them for all aircraft (except FC3) and they are great!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3RThWVG8yaUJacnc/view

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

The MiG-15's greatest strength is rate of climb, which is generally significantly better than the Sabre. So you are usually able to escape by climbing away.

My problem is that I suck at gunnery... Which is also historically a flaw of the MiG-15 apparently.

But the advantage is that one 37mm round is usually enough for a kill. :thumbup:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

yeah as long as the sabre doesnt have more e the mig will out climb it all day long. as for gunnery, it just takes practise to find a good solution for you. i use the 37mm for dead six shots but use the 23mm for deflection and snap shots.

yeah as long as the sabre doesnt have more e the mig will out climb it all day long. as for gunnery, it just takes practise to find a good solution for you. i use the 37mm for dead six shots but use the 23mm for deflection and snap shots.

I suck at gunnery

Just tried to fight 3 bf109 and lost :o

Should 1 Mig-15 dominate 3 bf109?

What would be perfect learning scenario?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Start with learning some basic aerobatics and learn minimum speeds to perform them. Then move to BFM. Once you feel comfortable with controlling the aircraft set up some 1 vs 1 engagements. You can practice different scenarios - head-on start, starting at 6 with higher speed and practice avoiding overshoots, etc..

Pick comparable planes - like MiG-15 vs Sabre.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 2 weeks later...

Haven´t flown the 15 in a while, but i was quite successful with it some years ago when i flew it. Here you have some vids from where you can learn. I hope they help.

S!

:pilotfly:

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Get tacview. Its free to try. Fight a 1v1. Look at your flight in tacview and see what you could have done differently. repeat the process until you make no more discernible errors.

As for gunnery... well I used to suck very badly at it (despite doing combat flight games for over 30 years now!) until last year when I got a rift. And suddenly I could blast things even in high-deflection snap shots across a scissors. Other than that (and even if) you need to practice. A lot.

Combat flying is something that takes about three to ten hours to learn, but about a thousand to become good at and another couple thousand to master.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL