Al Bateen airport?

mhe

I just started playing around and exploring the Persian Gulf map and I am absolutely stunned by the amount of detail and how recognizable places are. Amazing job, well done guys!

A small detail though - in Abu Dhabi, there is a gaping brown hole where Al Bateen Executive airport is supposed to be. Will that airport be included at a later date? It is quite a nice approach when you come in from the east and pass by the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque on your left (which seems to be missing as well currently). The parking lots are there, but the mosque itself is not.

So are there any plans to put these missing landmarks in or are there issues preventing you from doing so?

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

More noticeable missing structures!...

Besides Al Bateen airport is missing,

many other noticeable structures and landmarks are missing, and I wish ED will add them soon.

Unique missing structures in Abu Dhabi for example:

• Abu Dhabi International airport itself. Huge landmark... a must...!
  • Ferrari World with it's distinct red roof, next to Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Hotel with the F1 race track, situated just off of AD INTL airport above.
  • Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (as already mentioned here),
  • The ARMED FORCES OFFICERS CLUB - or the OC,
  • Aldar headquarters building (unique round ring shaped)
  • ADNEC - Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (tilted building / modern pizza building style - less important and noticeable than the others though).

Hopefully added soon...

ED?... :)

Callsign   SETUP

If anyone is good a 3D modeling, or can find good 3D models of these missing structures, they can be added in a standard mission template. However I believe that the Major religious landmarks, and things like Ferrari World that have trademarked names will not be touched by ED. I would like to see these airports added along with the Sports complex just adjacent to Al Bateen. Very distinctive structures there.

-Woog

If anyone is good a 3D modeling, or can find good 3D models of these missing structures, they can be added in a standard mission template. However I believe that the Major religious landmarks, and things like Ferrari World that have trademarked names will not be touched by ED. I would like to see these airports added along with the Sports complex just adjacent to Al Bateen. Very distinctive structures there.

-Woog

ED did all the trademarked hotels in Vegas. They just modified the names in a tounge-in-cheek way. If they wanted to do the Fararri World, they'd just make some modifications to avoid trademark.

Also missing is Sas Al Nakhl airbase. I was looking forward to this map as I live in Abu Dhabi, however its a bit disappointing that there is not much detail compared with Dubai. Can it be updated please?

Edited by Flameout777

ED did all the trademarked hotels in Vegas. They just modified the names in a tounge-in-cheek way. If they wanted to do the Fararri World, they'd just make some modifications to avoid trademark.

"Farfaraway World"

Prancing Unicorn on the roof.

Problem Solved...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I could not find an expansive list of bases, fields, ports that'll be added, aside from a brief mention in the newsletter;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478&page=15

I'd keep an eye on that, some major airports are missing, so I expect(hope) they'll be added, especially where I see placeholders for them.

Perhaps I missed the thread title when trawling the forum by hand, but I found the above with this google search term; site:forums.eagle.ru newsletter may 2018

Adjust as necessary.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

That airport is faintly visible though. Made a screenshot where you still can see the runway from the satellite imagery. Couldn't make out the Intl' though which should be pretty close to the race track, which is actually there, but just as ordinary streets and without all the buildings that make it look like a race track rainbowdashwink.png

I hope all these prominent places will be modelled later on, since Wags already talked about expanding the map twilightsmile.png

1775650610_DCS2018-05-2501-09-22-33.thumb.jpg.2bfdeea7586e4629d56fe52033facbd3.jpg

86457134_DCS2018-05-2501-11-26-52.thumb.jpg.964d2f6f82b182bce6becfa1df7275e2.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Posted this in another threat but those are also missing "red arrows". The one i forgot to add is Abu Dhabi international & Ras Al Khaimah International Airport but those are both civil

yCZ7pXW.jpg

https://www.google.ae/maps/@24.28214.../data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.ae/maps/@24.25373.../data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.ae/maps/@22.77816.../data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.ae/maps/@23.64690.../data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.ae/maps/@23.64690.../data=!3m1!1e3

Posted this in another threat but those are also missing "red arrows". The one i forgot to add is Abu Dhabi international & Ras Al Khaimah International Airport but those are both civil

yCZ7pXW.jpg

Whoa I hadn't looked at the map like this in the Mission Editor yet, they've really got the bulk of the Persian Gulf covered minus the details (would be epic to have Qatar and Bahrain added and other locations like Bushehr and Khark Island on the Iranian coast..... the possibilities there are huge! :thumbup:

Edited by Mustang

Yes Matt had talked about the plans for the Expansion loosely in one of the Live Streams. If I remember Correctly he said they were looking at adding King Abdul Aziz Air Base as well which means that Qatar and Bahrain should be detailed out fairly well in the future. Surprisingly Bahrain doesn't even exist currently, the Entire Island is missing!

-Woog

Yes Matt had talked about the plans for the Expansion loosely in one of the Live Streams. If I remember Correctly he said they were looking at adding King Abdul Aziz Air Base as well which means that Qatar and Bahrain should be detailed out fairly well in the future. Surprisingly Bahrain doesn't even exist currently, the Entire Island is missing!

-Woog

Honestly if they do add all of those areas even with lower detail in buildings and so on, just higher res ground texture this map will beat the Caucasus for the standard Mplayer map

I wonder why ED don’t use a satellite photo for the map screen with overlays for mission details.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |