Would you pay for a VR optimised F-14? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #21
BuzzU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltUK View Post
Legibility of the cockpit texts was part of the initial post and that is surely something that COULD be addressed ? The fashion for finding the dirtiest/worn pit for photo textures has some merit but perhaps its also to avoid the expense of an artist creating more readable `fake` pit art.

Cruising around it is not so important but in mission the lacking clarity is a burden and hindrance. An alternative fake pit would be great. Not just for the F14.
I've posted this before but it's an answer for better labels. The only problem is it won't pass online play. Maybe somebody can mod it so it would pass.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3303911/
Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 PM   #22
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
I've posted this before but it's an answer for better labels. The only problem is it won't pass online play. Maybe somebody can mod it so it would pass.

I think it would have to be "offical" by HB to pass IC.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #23
BuzzU

Maybe they'd consider it. For those who want to read the labels.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #24
=BJM=

Quote:
Maybe they'd consider it. For those who want to read the labels.
+1

At least for all the indicator lights...I can barely tell if any of them are lit let alone read them, and this is on a 1440p monitor!
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #25
BuzzU

There's a lot of switches/lights to remember. Being able to read the labels until you have them all remembered will help.

Especially, if you have my old worn-out memory.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #26
Snappy

Quote:

What is the "Fixed Integrity Check error on multiplayer servers" in the description of your linked file

supposed to mean then? Serious question.

Kind regards,

Snappy
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:05 PM   #27
BuzzU

It means you can't use it for multiplayer. It's fine for single player.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:01 AM   #28
Redliner7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
That you particularly loose fps when looking at a certain part in the cockpit, is really odd. Could you maybe provide us with a track and logs - just a very short one? We'll take a look and maybe we find something.
Actually, this is true for me too. When I look at the TID, my frame rates drop to 20 in VR. Looking straight ahead or moving my head left to right (over the ocean) it'll maintain 40. I7-8700 @4.5ghz/32gb RAM/1070/Rift S. I always figured it was because of the heavy textures in the cockpit.

How would i send a track & log files? Sorry, dcs noob!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Redliner7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 AM   #29
VC

Quote:

The author has fixed it and ot passes IC. Are you installing it correctly in the Saved Games folder and using the special option HB implemented to pick the custom cockpit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
What is the "Fixed Integrity Check error on multiplayer servers" in the description of your linked file

supposed to mean then? Serious question.

Kind regards,

Snappy
It means exactly what it says, the mod works in MP if you install it correctly. Been using it for ages without issues.

As for FPS, in general I have no FPS issues in the F-14 in VR.

However I do have occasional issues with random 5min of horrible FPS then back to normal in MP. I expect this is due to some temporary high server load e.g. lots of units moving at once rather than the cockpit not being optimised (after all it mostly works fine).

But that does to me indicate that something about the F-14 is leaving me less system overhead to handle these situations, because this never happens in any other aircraft.

One more thing, never fly the F-14 after another plane and avoid back to back sorties. DCS seems to store stuff in memory and is really bad at clearing it. I always restart DCS before a Tomcat sortie, because when I don't that's when I'm far more likely to get problems. Also loading the cockpit again after being in F10 map sometimes takes a while and tanks FPS for a bit.

Again, this to me does not look like a "cockpit not optimised for VR" issue, more that the module as a whole is just a bit more of a system hog than others, which may be justified given the complexity.

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!
X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Last edited by VC; 12-03-2019 at 08:28 AM.
VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #30
Jester2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltUK View Post
The fashion for finding the dirtiest/worn pit for photo textures has some merit
Maybe but I don't see the relevance, since that's not what HB did. According to the SMEs, the DCS Tomcat looks like the typical Tomcat they flew back in the day.
Jester2138 is offline   Reply With Quote