Hope you all stay safe.

Neil Gardner

Never before have we been at such a turning point in history of mankind. Globalization has shown it's ugly face, dependencies have their catch back and all nations have to revisit their domestic and international affairs. We have had our eyes shut blind for too long, spoiled by filled shelves and bank loans, false advertising promises and values, fake news and politicians being more interested in filling their own pockets than taking care of their nations.

The damage cannot be estimated in money and gold but in tears, sorrow and grief.

It really does not matter much if you live in Germany or another nation with granted healthcare

and thus free help or if you live in the US where medical help has price tag most cannot afford.

Right now, the ice berg is tipping over and all health systems are falling apart if no miracle happens and I can't see one happeneing. Looking at the infection and death toll curves and how ignorant some individuals, may they only decide for themselves or for whole nations, behave.

There are not enough Covid-19 Tests available to test all people who need to be tested, a news that is not really presented because it would cause anger among society and mostly among the weakest parts of any society. The fear of riots and public disobedience is rising every day.

Once the shelves stay empty and a few consecutive meals are not on the table the guns come out, a natural, archaic law of survival of the fittest, strongest and fearless.

If they would have Tests for everybody in Germany the curve would sky rocket towards the moon. Once we have to transport or dead with trucks into mass graves like it is likely to happen in Italy soon another step towards Anarchy has been taken and it remains to be seen if the crowd stays calm and has hope or if they, me, you, everybody, is taking action of whatever kind to feed our children.

Personally, for me not much has changed with staying at home. For the past 2.5y I was home anyway, taking care of my youngest son, doing the household, cooking, swiping the floors, occaisonal pauses to read the DCS Forum and then run to Kindegarden, a mere 7min walk, to pick up the 2 Kindergarden kids we have and the older 8y old next door from elementary school, stop by at our local supermarket and then walk home all together. The only thing that changed is KiGa and School are closed and we stay inside, luckily we have a garden with toys for the kids. It is stressful on rainy days to have them all inside, 2.5y, 4.5y and 8y old, they can really get you close to the limits and sometimes a foot beyond. My wife decided that if we get the 2 youngest ones she would still work and I take a break, close the business as much as possible, I do most work from home anyway, and only visit business customers. It has worked out so lala, money was tight but I reopened the business when the youngest one could go to KiGa till 4pm freeing me up so I can take more customers and travel nearby places and be home to pick them up. It slowly starts to grow again.

Staying home and spending time with your kids is a blessing, often stressful and may sometimes you have a 6am-9pm non-stop action taking place, but which dad wouldnt do that if given the chance. I favor love over gold, so does my wife.

Now, we try to do the best of the situation, today is my wife's last working day, they business has to shut down until this is all over, so we both will be home. Our 3 adult children visit us often making the family complete with 6 kids and we really enjoy it. It is stressful, no doubt, I'd lie if I said it is only fun, it is not. You just should not forget for whom you all do this and that somebody else 50 years ago did the same for you and me, Mom & Dad ( God bless you ).

Reach out and help whenever you can, it might be only YOU who can help and if you do not do it, somebody else will drown in sorrow and disaster. Do it while you can, it will always come back to you out of nowhere when you need it most.

I often visited, she lived next door, my Grandma's older sister, she was born 1899, lived through 2 World Wars, never drove a car and never threw any food away, always had a heart for others and taught me some of the most basic lessons in life. For some of those it took me decades to understand fully. I am thankful she taught me those, unspoiled from modern things like TV, advertising, false values and gods.

May you all stay safe and healthy in this crisis.

Rethink your founding values and change what needs to be changed, dare to speak up for the weak who cannot and refrain from violence. It will not help anybody.

This is THE best and well stated post and Life lesson I have read in ages.

Should be required reading by ALL.

Thank you BitMaster!

It is posts like this one that give me hope the human race will "evolve" into decent creatures, not vile animals, at each others throats. We are all ONE human race. Cut from the same cloth, carrying the same genetic code.

We ARE brothers and Sisters, one and all.

Each day, do a good deed.

If everyone did the same, we could change the world, one good deed at a time.

Peace and good will toward all.

Stay safe!

(Let us keep the "Sword of Stealth" Sheathed)

See below.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

@marcel

Well, as with anything, be cautious. I.E. it's serious and should be treated as such, make an effort to be safe. But don't panic and start fighting over toilet paper and pickles, either. It's not going to ''keep doubling'' indefinitely, because people aren't going to simply ignore it indefinitely (although they definitely did that at first here in the States), so despite the doomsayers, we're not going to end up with a death toll of millions simply because even the most ignorant person will wise up before that point and agree to necessary restrictions. It definitely has the potential to be bad, and probably WILL be, but not THAT bad (at least very unlikely).

@MAXSenna

Certain categories of people keep parroting that sort of stuff, but it's not accurate. And for that matter even common sense shiws the issue:

#1 Malaria and Ebola are not major issues in the Western world, this is. As a result they are irrelevant for intelligent discourse on the topic.

#2 The issue is not what percentage of people die or suffer serious symotoms. Quite the contrary, the fact that many people do not have life threatening sickness means it's much less likely they will recognise they have it, greatly increasing the likelihood of spreading it to those ''few vulnerable people''. I suspect you will be singing a different tune if some ignorant ''it's just a flu'' individual coughs on your parent or relative and they die from it due to being in that ''small percentage''. 1-2% suddenly is much more significant when it's spread across a few hundred thousand people, or millions potentially (you know, if people just ignore it)

#3 It's not ''flu''. In the milder cases, yes, people exhibit flu symptoms. But a great many of the cases, even if not immediately life threatening, are a form of severe pneumonia, which we can all agree is pretty serious regardless of age or health. Many of the people who recover have damage to their lungs (scarring, most likely) even after symptoms have abated. So, no, it's not trivial, and pretending it is is just stupid.

LMAOROTF!!!

Don't worry dude. I was merely trying to be sarcastic, and point out other dangers in the world, and that the West don't give a flying **** about Africa and similar places.

What do think will happen there?

And worrying about "mankind bringing it upon ourselves". Seriously???

Sweden and Norway are handling this very differently, history will judge us.

Here in Norway. No deaths for the last 24-48 hours, but infections rose with about 200 from around 19xx to 2169 in 24 so will see.

But let me give you some peace of mind. I haven't left the house for a week, and I intend to stay here.

Now, off to the Tomcat tryouts!

Take care

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna

Please have a look - and bear in mind, this is a normal, healthy couple:

Personally, I don't mind admitting I am struggling just a bit - and suffering the consequences of stress - but thankfully, I know and recognise the symptoms of stress and can differentiate them from worse afflictions. Just being able to do that helps alleviate the symptoms.

From today, I am having to isolate myself from my wife - in the same house. We have one bathroom and one kitchen - so it won't be easy, but I spent the whole weekend planning it and preparing for it, so I'm reasonably confident it will work.

If I catch this virus, there's little doubt it will be lights out for me - although my wife is confident for herself, she has had "underlying illnesses" in the past and still requires treatment for herself. That concerns me more.

She's a so-called "key worker" and has no option but to come into close contact with many different people in a day, which is why we've had to take this awful decision to seperate for who knows how long, in the house.

Looking at that video shows me what we decided to do is right and sensible, regardless of how we feel about it.

It's time to wake up and do something to help yourself and to help and protect others - or you (or they) might not be waking up at all.

My attitude is that I've been in many life-threatening situations, since I was a boy - I'm not going to let ignorance or arrogance do me in now. But if I do get it and if I do succumb, I've had a great time and have done and seen more around the world in my 55 years than most people ever will.

Stay safe :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

My best wishes to all to stay safe and sane. Please listen to the experts, the medical health professionals who are the soldiers in this global pandemic/war. We the general public are the conscripts and all we need to do is to follow the medical advice of social distancing and hygiene to aid in wining this war. Do your very best to NOT be the spreader of this virus and then you will be doing your fellow citizens and your country the best thing you can do. We will get through this in the next 6-18 months. Let's all do our bit which is quite frankly in my view our obligation to each other, our country and the wider world.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I hope what comes out of this is more education by experience, because the rate of spread is clearly an indicator people dont know how to act and several of the governments in the west have been complacent (mine included) and are reacting & improvising as they go. Note: South Korea's performance in this Area has been OUTSTANDING and we should all learn something from them.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Dear all, wherever you are. With this virus travelling its wretched way around the world I just wanted to send my best wishes to everyone around the globe and particularly everyone in China and Italy that is believed to be the worst hit. May you all stay safe, if you have a God may he keep you healthy and at peace, and may we all come through this wiser and stronger.

I’m a priest so I hope you don’t mind me wishing you all God’s blessing.

Neil

Yes, may Wodan and his light be with you all...

My parents are in their mid 70's fairly healthy, but obviously aged immune systems. They are supposed to be living a nice retired life now. They are afraid of this. It's also very hard to fight for food and negotiate the new world as it is today with all the restrictions.

Myself, I'm more scared of the economic impact. I rent, I will most likely lose my job this summer, a job that kept me as a remote worker which was great for being with my family. My wife had pneumonia once, she said it was like drowning. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's keeping the family afloat that really worries me.

My son is 17 and doesn't care a crap about anything. He's convinced he is immortal, doesn't think of others or infecting them and has welcomed the longest summer holiday ever from his room, attached to the internet, wasting his brain.

There is lot to be worred about, whether it's losing your job, business, family, house, freedom, access to the things you like. But the real change in the long term is how we all have to get everything back on it's feet again, which is going to take the best part of this decade to solve.

Next job interview you have, ask how they treated their employees during this episode. I know my employer couldnt give a rats arse.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

My parents are in their mid 70's fairly healthy, but obviously aged immune systems. They are supposed to be living a nice retired life now. They are afraid of this. It's also very hard to fight for food and negotiate the new world as it is today with all the restrictions.

Myself, I'm more scared of the economic impact. I rent, I will most likely lose my job this summer, a job that kept me as a remote worker which was great for being with my family. My wife had pneumonia once, she said it was like drowning. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's keeping the family afloat that really worries me.

My son is 17 and doesn't care a crap about anything. He's convinced he is immortal, doesn't think of others or infecting them and has welcomed the longest summer holiday ever from his room, attached to the internet, wasting his brain.

There is lot to be worred about, whether it's losing your job, business, family, house, freedom, access to the things you like. But the real change in the long term is how we all have to get everything back on it's feet again, which is going to take the best part of this decade to solve.

Next job interview you have, ask how they treated their employees during this episode. I know my employer couldnt give a rats arse.

My wife suffers from serious COPD, if she gets infected her life will be on a small string, I know how you feel, I do the same.

There is hope, stay home as much as you can, take care when you go out shopping the badly needed food, skip whatever ain't really needed for now for the bigger goal, staying safe.

My Love for all of you.

* kick you sons ass ! Time to wake up. Make him a man that takes responsibility for himself and others, this is the time and place for it to happen. We have 3 "adult" children as well, 17, 18 and 20, luckily they do understand what this is all about and behave accordingly, if they wouldn't I'd be after them like the devil after a lost soul.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I'm writing from the zone which is currently the most infected in the World: Bergamo province in Lombardy.

Measures have been implemented and it seems that we are reaping what we sow: the percentual increment of infected people has become lower and lower: on 9th March it was +25% per day, then it decreased to +20%/day on the 12th, +15%/day on the 15th and +10%/day yesterday.

Here, so far we still find food at the supermarkets and the provisional laws approved in order to fight the spreading of this illness prevent everybody from working apart from those workers who provide life supporting services, like the ones who make food or medical products. I doubt that we will ever reach a point in which people will fight for canned food because there is not enough for everybody.

However, economy experts are starting to say that this crisis will be about as hard as the 2008 recession. I still haven't heard about anyone losing his job because of the virus but I'm worried in that regard.

Here in Italy we have a tradition according to which every professional activity is closed for a couple of weeks in august and everybody goes on vacation (tipically to the seaside). We can just skip those two weeks and make foreign customers happy in august if everything goes back to normality within a couple of weeks; I just wonder whether it wil be ebough or if we will have to stay home for longer in april.

Personallly, I stay home as much as I can and when I'm outside I keep the safety distance and, if I really have to pass close to someone, I hold my breath for some seconds, remembering that if I exhale I will increment the chances of infectng the others and of infecting myself if I inhale.

I also tend to keep objects that have been outside in quarantine or I disinfect them. Chlorine based products like bleach are considered the best.

I also remember which fingers have touched what when touching a series of objects among which some are suspicious, like door handles.

Luckily, a friend of mine taught me to cough and sneeze into the bend of my forearm years ago and so it's already an habit.

Edited by BlackLightning
mistyped a word

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

I hope what comes out of this is more education by experience, because the rate of spread is clearly an indicator people dont know how to act and several of the governments in the west have been complacent (mine included) and are reacting & improvising as they go. Note: South Korea's performance in this Area has been OUTSTANDING and we should all learn something from them.

100% spot on. :thumbup: We have been complacent if not arrogant and that goes for governments and their populace whose repeated actions have shown we have been very slow to take this threat seriously. To think that one man or woman picked up this virus from an animal and now look where the world is, at a virtual standstill.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Not a single aircraft tracer in the sky!

I live by the airport and it has been quiet as I have never seen.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Most goverments/states will have plans for things like famine etc. so even in the most alarmist sense, there would be no danger to starve. If you are troubled by this or know people that are fearful of food shortages, your goverment will probably have public information about details in this area and emergency plans.

The panic buys did more to throw retail in chaos than the actual impact of the virus or the protection/isolation measures imho. If people wouldn't have started hoarding things (lot's of which didn't make any sense), nobody would have noticed much difference when going into a supermarket.

Medical supplies, atleast here in my country, are a different thing. Lot's of states have been caught red handed in slacking off preparing for medical disasters and I expect a lot of rethinking in that area. Further, it was heartbreaking to see some messing around with medical supplys meant for other countrys on state level.

There have been export restrictions going up all around the world for things like masks and some states have had the audacity of stopping wares meant for others countrys. (That didn't originate with them)

Hopefully this crisis allows for some things to change for the better. I myself have caught myself generally underestimating the general danger of infection. Currently we take this Covid-19 very seriously, but with other 'common' viruses we slack off. Most countrys employers and some workforce cultures foster a pressure to always go to work and 'function' if you are 'still able to work', which of course is a receipt for mass infection.

Also more social distancing and self isolation even in times of non crisis when obviously sick, should be more stressed by everyone.

Not a single aircraft tracer in the sky!

I live by the airport and it has been quiet as I have never seen.

So no Chemtrails when airliners stop flying?? Interesting… :lol:

Back to OP, hope you all are safe and sound. 15 days here since we're confined at home.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Most goverments/states will have plans for things like famine etc. so even in the most alarmist sense, there would be no danger to starve. If you are troubled by this or know people that are fearful of food shortages, your goverment will probably have public information about details in this area and emergency plans.

The panic buys did more to throw retail in chaos than the actual impact of the virus or the protection/isolation measures imho. If people wouldn't have started hoarding things (lot's of which didn't make any sense), nobody would have noticed much difference when going into a supermarket.

Medical supplies, atleast here in my country, are a different thing. Lot's of states have been caught red handed in slacking off preparing for medical disasters and I expect a lot of rethinking in that area. Further, it was heartbreaking to see some messing around with medical supplys meant for other countrys on state level.

There have been export restrictions going up all around the world for things like masks and some states have had the audacity of stopping wares meant for others countrys. (That didn't originate with them)

Hopefully this crisis allows for some things to change for the better. I myself have caught myself generally underestimating the general danger of infection. Currently we take this Covid-19 very seriously, but with other 'common' viruses we slack off. Most countrys employers and some workforce cultures foster a pressure to always go to work and 'function' if you are 'still able to work', which of course is a receipt for mass infection.

Also more social distancing and self isolation even in times of non crisis when obviously sick, should be more stressed by everyone.

So no Chemtrails when airliners stop flying?? Interesting… :lol:

Back to OP, hope you all are safe and sound. 15 days here since we're confined at home.

S!

Agree 1000%.

As someone with quite a lot of experience with FEMA/ DHS(USA Thing) and currently retired.

Since Hurricane Katrina the US government has recognized that due to mobilization logistics, individual States were on their own for at least two weeks. And that assumption didn’t take into consideration a world wide event. They recommend that EVERY HOUSEHOLD have the ability to shelter in place for at least 2 weeks. Obviously just looking at toilet paper this advice was not heeded.

While nature is to blame for the bug, in the US it’s every family that had the ability to prepare and choose not to, that is to blame. It’s every community that spent millions of dollars on parks and frivolous crap before making sure they had stockpiles (not relying on the feds). Its every governor that spent 2.1 billion on federal emergency funding on arming our Police departments to military standards, while ignoring medical services.

I can only speak for the US but in our country, where we are supposed to have a say, we failed ourselves. Easy to blame politicians but it’s true.

Please stay well and see y’all in the skies!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I can't believe this is happening. I love watching documentaries. I saw so many statements from scientists like "There will certainly be a pandemic, "will it happen?" is not the question, the real question is "when is it going to happen?""

And I never took it serious, it meant nothing but an attempt to scare people in order to dramatize the program.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

@marcel

(...) It's not going to ''keep doubling'' indefinitely, because people aren't going to simply ignore it indefinitely (although they definitely did that at first here in the States), so despite the doomsayers, we're not going to end up with a death toll of millions simply because even the most ignorant person will wise up before that point and agree to necessary restrictions.

Maybe.

The person you referred to is - after weeks of saying it will disappear in the spring, it's all under control, the numbers are going down, "who would have thought such a thing could happen*, & was earlier in the week saying that if 100,000 people died he'd have done a great, 10/10 job, is now saying that America should brace for a “very, very painful two weeks” & suggesting deaths in the US might reach 240,000. Even that's still fantasy land. The disease has a 2 week incubation period, and most of the country is only playing at self isolation to stop the spread. Cases are going to keep doubling every few days for the next fortnight even if transmission is stopped right now, and it isn't being stopped (& testing per head of population is still woefully low despite the administration importing testing components from Italy).

*Who could have known ? The previous president ? The one who established a body specifically to deal with pandemics - only to have the current adminitration abollish it.

Or the intelligence agencies who were giving disturbing enough briefings that a couple of Republican senators that were briefed ran out & sold their stocks, and warned their contributors to do the same.

Or the Republican senators that were briefed about the coming pandemic, and after the briefing ran out & sold their stocks, and warned their contributors to do the same but publically backed the POtuS in his statements that there was nothing to worry about.

Pretty much everyone knew that doesn't have the POtuS & / or Fox News as their primary source of infirmation.

Waaaaay overblown by the media. Not worried in the least.

& now ?

Cheers.

Last days agenda :

- Shopping online

- 02Hr flights on the Mi-8

- 3D printing for some parts of my simpit Mi-24

- Playing with my son (Battle of Nerf in our house)

- Running 1Hr

- Netflix

Last days...same agenda:smilewink:

Perfect!

Maybe.

The person you referred to is - after weeks of saying it will disappear in the spring, it's all under control, the numbers are going down, "who would have thought such a thing could happen*, & was earlier in the week saying that if 100,000 people died he'd have done a great, 10/10 job, is now saying that America should brace for a “very, very painful two weeks” & suggesting deaths in the US might reach 240,000. Even that's still fantasy land. The disease has a 2 week incubation period, and most of the country is only playing at self isolation to stop the spread. Cases are going to keep doubling every few days for the next fortnight even if transmission is stopped right now, and it isn't being stopped (& testing per head of population is still woefully low despite the administration importing testing components from Italy).

*Who could have known ? The previous president ? The one who established a body specifically to deal with pandemics - only to have the current adminitration abollish it.

Or the intelligence agencies who were giving disturbing enough briefings that a couple of Republican senators that were briefed ran out & sold their stocks, and warned their contributors to do the same.

Or the Republican senators that were briefed about the coming pandemic, and after the briefing ran out & sold their stocks, and warned their contributors to do the same but publically backed the POtuS in his statements that there was nothing to worry about.

Pretty much everyone knew that doesn't have the POtuS & / or Fox News as their primary source of infirmation.

& now ?

So a dude from New Zealand blames Trump for a global pandemic that was created by mother nature in CHINA and spread around the world? Now I though I had heard every moron weigh in on the subject but apparently there was one more...

Seriously dude???

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

So a dude from New Zealand blames Trump for a global pandemic that was created by mother nature in CHINA and spread around the world? Now I though I had heard every moron weigh in on the subject but apparently there was one more...

Seriously dude???

People who live in glass houses ? If in fact you read Weta's post , you certainly did not comprehend it . Nowhere in it did he "blame Trump for a global pandemic" .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

People who live in glass houses ? If in fact you read Weta's post , you certainly did not comprehend it . Nowhere in it did he "blame Trump for a global pandemic" .
But still...

I do understand @Weta43's frustration, but also why @Mr. Big.”Biggs” got offended.

I have soooo much on my heart regarding the situation. But this is not the forum for it.

I hope ya'll 'live & kickin'! Stay that way!

@Weta

I know it's screwed up, I meant only about,''indefinitely''. Even doubters have begun to acknowledge this is indeed a problem. Unfortunately, people don't take proactive measures until forced to by government decree. Until the feds mandate stricter measures the situation will continue to worsen.

@Biggs

I don't think anybody blames Trump for the pandemic, or even it's arrival here. They blame him for all the stupid crap he said that encouraged people to blow it off and not take it seriously. They also blame him for his insistence on dismantling anything associated with his predecessor, like the pandemic related organisation, simply BECAUSE it was associated with his predecessor. They also blame him for directly contributing to the chaos swirling around medical supply procurement. Etc.

He's not solely responsible for the mess, of course, and as rightly was pointed out people's own irresponsible actions greatly enhanced the danger, but he has definitely contributed to it with his actions, too. Pretending otherwise is to ignore reality, although that's something else he's blamed for ''I take no responsibility'' and ''I'd rate us a 10''. His inability to recognise that is a good indication of the kind of person he is and his lack of ability to deal with a crisis. He cannot bluster and bullshit his way out of a pandemic like he can with his countless lawsuits.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

@Weta

I know it's screwed up, I meant only about,''indefinitely''. Even doubters have begun to acknowledge this is indeed a problem. Unfortunately, people don't take proactive measures until forced to by government decree. Until the feds mandate stricter measures the situation will continue to worsen.

@Biggs

I don't think anybody blames Trump for the pandemic, or even it's arrival here. They blame him for all the stupid crap he said that encouraged people to blow it off and not take it seriously. They also blame him for his insistence on dismantling anything associated with his predecessor, like the pandemic related organisation, simply BECAUSE it was associated with his predecessor. They also blame him for directly contributing to the chaos swirling around medical supply procurement. Etc.

He's not solely responsible for the mess, of course, and as rightly was pointed out people's own irresponsible actions greatly enhanced the danger, but he has definitely contributed to it with his actions, too. Pretending otherwise is to ignore reality, although that's something else he's blamed for ''I take no responsibility'' and ''I'd rate us a 10''. His inability to recognise that is a good indication of the kind of person he is and his lack of ability to deal with a crisis. He cannot bluster and bullshit his way out of a pandemic like he can with his countless lawsuits.

Well said , and without any juvenile name-calling .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Well said , and without any juvenile name-calling .

To the first poster, having worked 35 years in public safety, retiring as the Fire Chief of one of the larger Capitals in the United State and doing a fair amount of work for FEMA/DHS I can unequivocally say your both wrong.

First, if you don’t live in the US, vote in the US or pay taxes in the US, you have no business complaining about Trumps actions or anybody’s stock trades. Look at your elected leaders over there in whatever country you live in and complain away but not at ours! How did our elected leaders stock trades effect you one iota?? What did YOUR government do to save the world?

All you know is whats in the press and you parroted the talking points of the liberals perfectly! Form your own opinion for Christ sake, quit stealing someone’s arguments to jump on the bandwagon and sound important.

As for the last dude, just looking at your “location “ tells me all I need to know about your opinion so dry up.

Facts.

Since Katrina, the US has had 10 response regions to handle national emergency’s Each region has a stockpile of supplies. The theory was that at most 2 regions would be effected at same time.

OBVIOUSLY this is not the case so the national stockpile was quickly depleted.

Facts

Every President since Regan has cut back budgets for Fema and shifted DHS funds to terrorist response and domestic school shootings.

Facts

Since Katrina, it was realized that it takes a long time for the federal government to gear up so state, local and personal planning was necessary

Facts

The INDIVIDUAL is responsible for having the supplies to hunker down for the first 2 weeks until the State can step in. The STATE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS PEOPLE until such time as the Feds can respond.

Facts.

No person, organization or political party could see this coming (and the ones that are looking back and saying they did are liars). Or prevent this from happening.

Facts

Trump has been trying to control immigration since being elected to help mitigate situations such as these although it still would have happened.

Bottom line brass tax. Trump won the election and Hillary didn’t. The sooner the liberals just accept they lost and quit trying to blame Trump for everything, the sooner MANKIND CAN FIX THIS FREAKIN MESS.

REGARDS!