[NOT A BUG] TGP can be controled using HUD as SOI - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
ledeni000

Default [NOT A BUG] TGP can be controled using HUD as SOI

TO reproduce: Master arm on,select A2G mode, select and activate TGP, select HUD as SOI, press pickle (little diamond shows up). Slew diamond using TDC is slewing the TGP also. As I understand this is not realistic behaviour. This render VVSL mode useless. I upload .trk file
Attached Files
File Type: trk TGP_problem.trk (1.36 MB, 14 views)

Last edited by ledeni000; 03-31-2020 at 06:02 PM.
ledeni000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
Santi871
Beta Tester

Hi, it's not a bug. The FLIR is slaved to the designated target at all times. VVSLV is not available while designated. Thanks for the track though.
Santi871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:17 AM   #3
hein22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santi871 View Post
Hi, it's not a bug. The FLIR is slaved to the designated target at all times.
Santi, this is interesting. So what happens or should happen when you designate a waypoint or even designate a point with tgp and then move it? Also will there be ever a way to slave the TGP back to the TGT after you've moved it? Thanks.
hein22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 AM   #4
Santi871
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein22 View Post
Santi, this is interesting. So what happens or should happen when you designate a waypoint or even designate a point with tgp and then move it? Also will there be ever a way to slave the TGP back to the TGT after you've moved it? Thanks.
What should happen afaik is that while the FLIR is in area track, it's not possible to no-action slew it (slewing without depressing the TDC). It would be necessary to hold the TDC down while slewing it, and once you release the TDC the designation will be updated to the new aimpoint and the pod will enter area track again. If it worked that way then the TGT would always coincide with the FLIR LOS. For point track the designation should "move" by itself with the tracked aimpoint.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:49 AM   #5
hein22

Quote:
What should happen afaik is that while the FLIR is in area track, it's not possible to no-action slew it (slewing without depressing the TDC). It would be necessary to hold the TDC down while slewing it, and once you release the TDC the designation will be updated to the new aimpoint and the pod will enter area track again. If it worked that way then the TGT would always coincide with the FLIR LOS. For point track the designation should "move" by itself with the tracked aimpoint.
WOW. That caught me of surprise! So the TGP actually will work like the MAV F? Why isn't it that way now?
Old 04-02-2020, 05:54 AM   #6
Santi871
Beta Tester

Well, I don't know exactly what ED's plan is. Like I said, everything I said is "as far as I know" and based on my own research.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #7
hein22

Quote:
Well, I don't know exactly what ED's plan is. Like I said, everything I said is "as far as I know" and based on my own research.
Ok I thought it came from ED. Aren't you ED? Sorry I'm just getting used to who is who.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #8
Santi871
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hein22 View Post
Ok I thought it came from ED. Aren't you ED? Sorry I'm just getting used to who is who.
No, I'm not part of ED, I just help test.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #9
hein22

Quote:
No, I'm not part of ED, I just help test.
Roger. Would be nice though to see what they say about this, right?
Old 04-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #10
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
That's very interesting, if that's the case, TDC Release as action and if the pod LOS moves by itself, the designation moves with it. I can see it being an issue during pod realignment though, but maybe the functionality would be suppressed during that.
Also, wouldn't it make sense to exit WPDSG mode as soon as the pod is moved with TDC Depress and slew?
I don't know how it works IRL, I'm just making an educated guess.