VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 387 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #3861
lxsapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
With the latest updates, I no longer hear feedback. I am able to see the responses visually...but no audio feedback. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Flying the Hornet
I get that sometimes, but it's not update related. All I do is exit VA and DCS, restart VA and DCS (in that order) and it has always worked to clear the problem for me.
lxsapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #3862
Drac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxsapper View Post
I get that sometimes, but it's not update related. All I do is exit VA and DCS, restart VA and DCS (in that order) and it has always worked to clear the problem for me.
Thanks for your feedback. I just tried what have stated and no joy. For clarification:

I would say "Chief, Remove the wheel chocks"

I would hear "Chief, Remove the wheel chock"

I would see the response "Copy" but no audio"

This is what happens to all my commands.

Edit: Problem solved. Opened Vaicom menu and went to the Audio Tab. Once there, I moved the toggle switch from "Oper" to "Off".

Last edited by Drac; 01-20-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #3863
GhastlyTT

Noob to DCS here but I've been using Vaicom pro since I started about a month ago. Love your software! Just wanted to report that I have also lost AOCS with this update. Command is understood but no text to speech occurs. Everything else is working well for me.

Also, a request for a future update: can chatter be set to pause when the game state is paused?

Thanks!
GhastlyTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:19 AM   #3864
lvialpando

Is it possible to uninstall the chatter package?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2020, 04:31 AM   #3865
sthompson

Question about new MP options: The manual describes "Mic to Human Players" DISABLED as "Select this if you don’t want your talks to AI units to be heard by fellow players on the same frequency."

Can this work even when the same PTT key is being used for VAICOM TX and SRS radio? (If not, what is the recommended PTT configuration?) If so, does VAICOM block transmission over the SRS radio while it tries to detect a command? If so, does that introduce a delay when I'm talking to a fellow player? Some examples of use with different setups would be helpful.

BTW, have you thought about integration with Discord or Teamspeak PTT as well?

Thanks so much for this incredible product Hollywood!
Old 01-20-2020, 06:57 AM   #3866
hreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxsapper View Post
Just open the PDF they are right there on the apropriate sections.
Ok, found it finally:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	225446  

Pilot from Croatia

Last edited by hreich; 01-20-2020 at 08:36 AM.
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:57 AM   #3867
hreich

@hollywood_315

Some thing i noticed in manual, so if you can please correct them:

1. keyword reference table -under column "remarks" on some of the items there is text "Profile cmd see page 38" - but it points to page 38 which has topics HELP PAGE, RESET PAGE (wrong page reference)
2. explanation of EX tab page 31 - these two i just can't figure
* [AIRIO] Show Messages --> Displays on-screen call confirmations and options / hints for Jester/Iceman voice commands.
* [AIRIO] Hints Only Displays messages only for incomplete commands: instructions for correct voice command usage is shown on screen
The second explanation is little blurry - it shows messages only of incomplete commands - instructions for voice command is shown on screen ? Where on screen - inside VA screen, or on my DCS monitor screen ? Can you please add
picture for explanation of difference?
3. Can you please add separate topic only for update procedure? For us that have all configured, how to properly and only update the current setup? Because like the topics are wrtitten now in manual, i am at lost every time i need to make update
4. also add the part abut where are trained speech files stored, and explanation that they are independent , i.e. when removing VA from PC, speech training files are still there on a PC

Pilot from Croatia

Last edited by hreich; 01-20-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #3868
KewlerMouh

Request to the Tomcat drivers:

I chewing several weeks on the Navgrid commands - the simply dont work; I can setup Navgrid to bullseye via map marker, but all the other grid voice commands are recognized via Viacom/VA, acknowledged by Jester, but my beloved AI Rio simply doesn't do anything (Grid Enable/Disable, Absolute/Relative Heading, Sectors, etc.)

Running latest version of DCS OB, Voice Attack and Viacom.

Thanks for any pointers in advance!
KewlerMouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #3869
hreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman82 View Post
I have the same problem as @overalien and @utexgrad with the ACOS beeing mute.
VoiceAttack says that is reading the briefing but I cant hear any sound.
Please explain how you got this working (the part of reading briefing)? I set up AM frequency, on 284 AM, and then push any of tx buttons and I say crystal palace status or briefing- - and i get no response at all? Other commands works fine..

Pilot from Croatia

Last edited by hreich; 01-20-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:03 AM   #3870
hreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by overalien View Post
I fixed the no-redirect drivers issue in DCS options - so that is working fine now. this made no difference to AOCS being muted - despite all redirects being disabled everywhere. various resets and re-installs also failed to help. tested the "single TTS Instance" option in VA. This also makes no difference. maybe we should collect some info on the others who have the same issue to see if we find some commonality. My HW specs are below in my sig, in addition i use the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headphones. My problem started two updates ago, same as the other reports.
Maybe you could try and chechk volume - click right mouse on volume icon in taskbar, and select "Open volume mixer" and check all sliders..Maybe one of them is muted?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	225450  

Pilot from Croatia

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack