iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit - Page 25 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 02:36 AM   #241
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacer View Post
Cannot get it to work with 2.5. I am using the android version. Works on my 1.5 version.
Beta versions are technically not supported.

However, if you change the Save Game and DCS:W directory to the ones for the beta install it'll probably work.

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news
boarder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #242
Dave73

Ive owned your icontrol for sometime now. Ive just got back into setting up and playing dcs...i only play with one monitor and i know that mfds gotta stay on the screen unless you have a second monitor.
My question is, could i just use another ipad and run duet for a extended desktop and put the screens on that to get them off my main screen? Thanks for help...

Also, if theres another way i could do it, i have an extra ipad and a droid tablet

Last edited by Dave73; 04-17-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #243
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
Ive owned your icontrol for sometime now. Ive just got back into setting up and playing dcs...i only play with one monitor and i know that mfds gotta stay on the screen unless you have a second monitor.
My question is, could i just use another ipad and run duet for a extended desktop and put the screens on that to get them off my main screen? Thanks for help...

Also, if theres another way i could do it, i have an extra ipad and a droid tablet
I know Duet won't let the tablet be the primary display, but if it's just attached as a second one it very well may work. Just make sure it's a secondary display and arranged to the right of the primary display in Windows. Then run the server setup again and move the MFCDs to the secondary display, save and re-run the script installer.

Let us know how it works!

Old 04-17-2018, 11:10 PM   #244
Dave73

Cannot work on it tonight but will tommorow...thanks
Old 04-19-2018, 04:07 AM   #245
Dave73

Well got it to go...works great!!! Maybe this can be another out for those that use only one monitor...thanks for a great program and look forward to anything you build in the future!!!
Old 04-19-2018, 06:10 AM   #246
boarder2

Quote:
Well got it to go...works great!!! Maybe this can be another out for those that use only one monitor...thanks for a great program and look forward to anything you build in the future!!!
Awesome! What solution did you go with? Duet on a second ipad?

Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 AM   #247
Dave73

Yes sir! I took my old ipad and threw them on that, i have your app on my air2 and i close the lid on the old ipad and out of sight out of mind...
Nice thing is duet doesnt use much resources but, being im only useing it for those two screens i can turn down all the options in duet so it really doesnt use anything!!!
Thanks again!!!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:02 AM   #248
boarder2

Quote:
Yes sir! I took my old ipad and threw them on that, i have your app on my air2 and i close the lid on the old ipad and out of sight out of mind...
Nice thing is duet doesnt use much resources but, being im only useing it for those two screens i can turn down all the options in duet so it really doesnt use anything!!!
Thanks again!!!
Awesome, enjoy!

Old 05-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #249
Dave73

Well i got to thinking..moving to the next step...if i purchased a couple cheap android tablets could i purchase the andriod app and make a designated screen on each tablet? Also would this have bad lag due to so many apps running? My ipad icontrol have no lag to pc...i flip a switch and its simultaneous...is the android version like this or slower? Thanks
Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #250
boarder2

Quote:
Well i got to thinking..moving to the next step...if i purchased a couple cheap android tablets could i purchase the andriod app and make a designated screen on each tablet? Also would this have bad lag due to so many apps running? My ipad icontrol have no lag to pc...i flip a switch and its simultaneous...is the android version like this or slower? Thanks
There will be a slight amount of overhead with every additional device you connect to the server but I've used 3 devices at a time without issue. Really the only major problem you might run into would be running out of bandwidth on your wifi network if you have repeated exported displays (MFCD, CDU) across all the devices. If you just have left MFCD on one, right MFCD on another and CDU on another, that should perform pretty well!

Tags
cdu, icontrol dcs, ipad, mfcd, touch