DCS Visrtual Cockpit for Android (iControl DCS) - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #91
GurbY

I have been trying this app (on iPad) last weekend. Installed the server, got all the green "V"'s on the screen, and the iPad said "connected".
However...: pressing buttons or switches on the iPad didn't do anything... Is that correct? Or am I missing something? All it did was showing the screens on the iPad, no interaction possible..
GurbY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #92
boarder2

Probably either something wrong in the server settings or problems with your export.lua that are causing the script to not run.

Please open a support ticket by going to https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and filling out the support widget in the lower left corner. We'll figure it out there. Thanks!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news
boarder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #93
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

Hey boarder2, I tried the app and it works quite well (the testversion). But I wonder about a certain thing.

1.) How am I supposed to avoid the exported displays sitting right on my main screen? Luckily I am running 2 screens so I can move them onto the 2nd screen, but how would I do that if I wont have 2nd screen?

2.) The app on my Android device does not recognize the time I keep a button pushed. For example the MFCD Function to reset the load option once my Weapon loadout has changed. By holding down the STAT button I can setup new buttons like load, but the app does not provide this option as it simply recognizes button pressed, button not pressed. It does not recognize button kept pressed.

Besides this, its a good thing, will you add additional content? In your initial post 4 years ago you mentioned to probably adding new Planes and such. Any update on this?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection
Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals

Last edited by MemphisBelle; 06-07-2017 at 02:12 PM.
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #94
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
1.) How am I supposed to avoid the exported displays sitting right on my main screen? Luckily I am running 2 screens so I can move them onto the 2nd screen, but how would I do that if I wont have 2nd screen?
Unfortunately, you can't. Unless someone's come up with a way to accurately access the "shared memory" exports that are supposed to exist but don't actually work then this is the best I can do.

UltraMFCD does tap into the sim directly and I talked with the guy about maybe doing some partnering but that hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure either of us has enough time to make it a reality.

Quote:
2.) The app on my Android device does not recognize the time I keep a button pushed...
Originally I had down/up press events that got sent separately so you could hold a button down but for various reasons it resulted in a lot of stuck key warnings on the MFCD which couldn't be fixed other than by restarting the mission (obviously a horrible solution) so for now it just sends down and up immediately in the same message and there's no way to hold a button unfortunately.

Quote:
Besides this, its a good thing, will you add additional content? In your initial post 4 years ago you mentioned to probably adding new Planes and such. Any update on this?
The only update is that I wish there was more time in the day. This whole thing is a side project for me in my free time which I don't have a whole lot of. I'm only as active as I am this week because I have some time off from my day job and I'm trying to make a push to get this editable views feature out the door for everyone because it's been so long!

I do suspect that I will try my best to get something available for the F-18 when it's available but it might take a while to get there!

Old 06-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #95
MemphisBelle

Well, thanks for clarification on the mentioned subjects.
Secondly I want to say thank you for your constant Support over the years. It doesnt happen quite often that a developer of an alternate Platform Software remains in touch with his Community.

If I will get a tablet so I will purchase your tool instantly, even if the things you mentioned will Keep one to use the mouse from time to time so DCSVC is a great addition to the Game.

I also hope that you keep your Motivation on this and will find the one or other Minute extra for this Project. Too bad that the Play Store reputations arent that well, so I hope that my 5 stars can give it a Little pusch into the right direction.

greets

Memphis

DCS-Tutorial-Collection
Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #96
boarder2

Alright folks. The update with editable views has been made available on the Google Play Store. There are a few new panels and controls that people have been asking for (Exported MFCD/CDU without buttons, etc)

It was a long road to get here, I hope everyone enjoys!

If you have any issues please submit tickets at https://bit-shift.com using the support widget.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #97
MemphisBelle

have recieved the update today. The editable panels are awesome. I´m happy that I´ve purchased the full thing...really works great. Keep on the good work.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection
Old 06-27-2017, 03:52 AM   #98
cvsusn

Sure would be nice to see the radio panel. The contortions necessary to tune the radios while using TrackIR rival any circus act.
cvsusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:29 AM   #99
boarder2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsusn View Post
Sure would be nice to see the radio panel. The contortions necessary to tune the radios while using TrackIR rival any circus act.
I'm taking a little break after getting this done but I will try to get some more panels added including radio panels in an upcoming update!

Old 06-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #100
j-tk

Radio Panel? Shut up and take my money!
j-tk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, cdu, icontrol dcs, mfcd