NEXT LEVEL MOTION PLATFORM V3

$4000 AUD but not sure if thats for the full pit or just the standalone platform

More of these purchase the more the price comes down, but I would probably start saving for one of these when more info here down under comes out!

Excellant! ;)

It includes...

1. Racing Seat

2. Wheel/Flight Stand

3. Gaming Desktop - Mount wheel/yoke here

4. Keyboard Desktop - Keyboard mounts here

5. Flight Pack - Allows for throttle and stick to be mounted on chair

6. Rug

7. Monitor Stand

8. Motion Platform V3 -This adds another layer of immersion magic to VR experience (This is the $$$$ item)

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6494942597955012802?authkey=CKrRlu_01I-LlQE

Edited by lasvideo
add info

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Sounds like a bit too much for a simple 2-dof pivot seat. Can be had for about 2000$ here in Russia.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Sounds like a bit too much for a simple 2-dof pivot seat. Can be had for about 2000$ here in Russia.

As I said earlier, I did consider the Russian DOF Reality product but rejected it due to....

1. It took up to much space

2. There were lots of cases of US customers receiving damaged goods.

3. Its hard to return it if there are problems

4. Its extremely noisy

5. I had concerns about the durability of the wiper motors.

6. When you add shipping and US customs it cost almost as much as the NLR unit.

The NLF is built by a Polish company who builds a large variety of motion platforms for business and industry worldwide. And it nicely integrates into the Next Level cockpits. DOF Reality is a glorified DIY product.

So it really was not a product I felt was worth buying. YMMV.

Edited by lasvideo

I’m using the V3 in VR and it’s actually surprisingly good. Far better than l thought it would be.

I thought it would not really do that much. Have done time in real helicopters including the Heuy and it actually brought back lots of memories once l started using it compared to stationary VR, and was so much better than without. You know when your doing takeoffs esp step takeoffs, you feel it when your not hovering properly, and when your doing turns (esp high angle turns), and you even get those little bumps like you hit an air pocket every so often. And landing can be so much more fun and you feel it, sometimes with a good thud if too hard a landing. Crashes are awesome and when going in nose down, actually a little scary as it feels like your falling forward. When out of control, you are literally tossed around by the device. And all on a 2DOF motion platform that only moves a little.

But best of all, no more motion sickness. Truely, its resolved it. The motion of the V3 in VR really seems to help so l’m getting more flight time and doing more hair raising flying and the nausea is no more.

It might only be 2DOF, it might only be minor pitch and roll (and heave - the bounce), but if your not used to anything better, then its a great low cost start.

My set-up actually has all controls on the V3 including the pedals that are attached by a base board so its full body movement (even if only minor). And that l think makes the difference as the whole body moves with the V3, not just the torso, so movement sensation is further enhanced under VR. Forget about just the chair moving, build a lightweight base with the chair, controls and pedals all attached onto it and its far better (l’ll post a picture tomorrow). But weight has to be centred directly under you so you dont break the V3 it as its not actually advertised for how l have done it, but weight it properly, balanced correctly, and it works safely and within the limits of the V3’s parameters.

So its expensive for what you get, its cheap as a motion platform, but no way will l fly without it anymore. And no more recovering from wanting to vomit post flying.

So lasvideo, if your not used to motion platforms, and not spoilt by a full 6DOF, you will enjoy it and it will definitely change your flying enjoyment in VR. Although without VR, maybe not so much as the large movement perceptions will be gone.

Have fun.

Edited by Ravemtech
  • Like 1

I’m using the V3 in VR and it’s actually surprisingly good. Far better than l thought it would be.

I thought it would not really do that much. Have done time in real helicopters including the Heuy and it actually brought back lots of memories once l started using it compared to stationary VR, and was so much better than without. You know when your doing takeoffs esp step takeoffs, you feel it when your not hovering properly, and when your doing turns (esp high angle turns), and you even get those little bumps like you hit an air pocket every so often. And landing can be so much more fun and you feel it, sometimes with a good thud if too hard a landing. Crashes are awesome and when going in nose down, actually a little scary as it feels like your falling forward. When out of control, you are literally tossed around by the device. And all on a 2DOF motion platform that only moves a little.

But best of all, no more motion sickness. Truely, its resolved it. The motion of the V3 in VR really seems to help so l’m getting more flight time and doing more hair raising flying and the nausea is no more.

It might only be 2DOF, it might only be minor pitch and roll (and heave - the bounce), but if your not used to anything better, then its a great low cost start.

My set-up actually has all controls on the V3 including the pedals that are attached by a base board so its full body movement (even if only minor). And that l think makes the difference as the whole body moves with the V3, not just the torso, so movement sensation is further enhanced under VR. Forget about just the chair moving, build a lightweight base with the chair, controls and pedals all attached onto it and its far better (l’ll post a picture tomorrow). But weight has to be centred directly under you so you dont break the V3 it as its not actually advertised for how l have done it, but weight it properly, balanced correctly, and it works safely and within the limits of the V3’s parameters.

So its expensive for what you get, its cheap as a motion platform, but no way will l fly without it anymore. And no more recovering from wanting to vomit post flying.

So lasvideo, if your not used to motion platforms, and not spoilt by a full 6DOF, you will enjoy it and it will definitely change your flying enjoyment in VR. Although without VR, maybe not so much as the large movement perceptions will be gone.

Have fun.

Great testimonial! Confirms my instincts to buy it. Still waiting on the V3 to appear on our shores and make its way to my cockpit here in Vegas :)

Very nice! I wish I had the dedicated space to for this. Alas, I'll have to settle for just the jetseat (which is pretty cool in and of itself).

Please do give us your feedback after you receive it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Very nice! I wish I had the dedicated space to for this. Alas, I'll have to settle for just the jetseat (which is pretty cool in and of itself).

Please do give us your feedback after you receive it.

Will do. BTW, I will be using the Jetseat in conjunction with the NLR motion cockpit. It adds great nuances to the flight experience. Andre did a great job with the Jetseat software and hardware.

• 3 months later...

base board V3

Have fun.

Can you show a pic of your base board connected to the V3 please?

I too have the V3 but wouldn't know how or where exactly too mount the rudder pedals,

cheers

Speaking of the jetseat does anyone else get pressure sensitivity from seating on the motors?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I would also like to see a picture of your setup Ravemtech!

Just recently got the V3 as well. Its pretty awesome, but I have some things I would like to sort out. I feel like the motion is to jagged. For example when pitching a plane twards the sky and letting it fall down when loosing speed, it kinda does small small jumps instead of a smooth transistion. Im guessing it can be solved through settings.

So how do you have the software set up? Mind printing a couple of screens so we can compare?

Also, the VR compensation, I dont think I quite got it right. When banking it feels like the two images are sliding into eachother making me a bit cockeyed.

Edit: yeah jetset can kinda dig in to your butt if its not in the right place.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Just FYI, Next Level Support helped me out with the smoothness. You have to clone the profile, then press edit inside the profile. Switch Acceleration to Smooth.

Edited by SpeedStick

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Whats is it weight limit and how much room does it require/hxwxd?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Just FYI, Next Level Support helped me out with the smoothness. You have to clone the profile, then press edit inside the profile. Switch Acceleration to Smooth.

Heres some images of the software. On the VR page is the smoothness control. That seems a weird place for it, as opposed to the 2 other pages which deal more with controlling the motion of the unit.

https://plus.google.com/photos/102385542845985326590/album/6544791702631042273/6544791702946850114?authkey=CL31_pD4jcCrqgE

I have found Next Level Tech support helpful, but at times not that knowledgeable about these sort of things. I still feel a subtle "stepiness" of the system after making the "smooth" adjustment.. Which is no surprise since it is built on (appropriately named) stepper motors (as far as I know).

But its subtle and the amazing immersion it (and the Jetseat) bring to my A10C flights is more than I could have ever hoped for in my VR flight experience.

Enjoy!

Edited by lasvideo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in contact with MotionSystems and testing some new scripts for it. Hopefully there will be more features to come in the future.

I have a question in the mean time, did something happen the export or something in last update?

My chair wont work in MP (but works in SP), also my SRS wont connect any more. Not sure what changed.

Edit: I attached my pedals to the tiltable floor plate with zipties. It has slits with two different spanings both up and down. I centermounted my BRD stick with Mongoose griup, through the use of the flightpack parts and some DIY.

Edited by SpeedStick

I have a question in the mean time, did something happen the export or something in last update?

My chair wont work in MP (but works in SP)

This is dependent on the server and whether they allow export lua or not. Without the export lua, the motion platform can't get any data, and hence it won't work on those MP servers.

Hey Ranma13

Oh I thought that some personal info like vectors and Gs were always exported and available.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Edit: Also its weird, it used to work on some servers but now it doesnt work at all in MP.

Edited by SpeedStick

Im not sure I understand, is it reacting slow or not at all? Try switching around from Smooth to Fast or something. Also you need to play around with the setting for pitch and roll till it feels smoother. AS someone else mentioned before, I do believe they are stepper-motors so there is always gonna be some jump to it. However I hardly notice mine after playing around.

Maybe the new script with new feature they are working on will be better. Cant test around to much since one of my motors probably isent feeling to well.

Has anyway been able to get it working in MP?

Im not sure I understand, is it reacting slow or not at all? Try switching around from Smooth to Fast or something. Also you need to play around with the setting for pitch and roll till it feels smoother. AS someone else mentioned before, I do believe they are stepper-motors so there is always gonna be some jump to it. However I hardly notice mine after playing around.

Maybe the new script with new feature they are working on will be better. Cant test around to much since one of my motors probably isent feeling to well.

Has anyway been able to get it working in MP?

Thanks for the replay speedstick. It's like when banking slightly it doesn't register bank a bit more then it does but feels like it is on a cog gear. I have order in the RR3 forum about hidden settings you can adjust when the unit is switched of one being yaw which would be great with flying but can't find it. I'm not great with tweaking stuff any chance you would post a file that I could try?