Separate "Head Movement by G Forces in Cockpit" with automatic head orientation/tilt

Teeter

Separate "Head Movement by G Forces in Cockpit" with automatic head orientation/tilt  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Separate "Head Movement by G Forces in Cockpit" with automatic head orientation/tilt

• Yes, I would like this.
    • No, I would not like this.
    • I don't use this option.

As a TrackIR user, I would love the "Head Movement by G Forces in Cockpit" separated into two options, as right now it does two jobs:

1. It will "sag" your head and react to other forces in the cockpit (which is desirable and realistic as a TrackIR user)

2. It'll automatically orient the in-cockpit view to be (somewhat) level with the horizon in a bank or turn. This is not desired as a TrackIR user, as it feels more immersive to do this myself and not have the sim do it for me.

What do you guys think?

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Nice idea but how you will keep the reference of trackir hardwarewise if the gforces are taking influence of it? Think this would be very tricky or even impossible to work properly. This feature would have to be created very individual to match everyones preferences. Such features need extreme ressources and are questionmarks for me to really bring more fun into the sim.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a TrackIR user, I would love the "Head Movement by G Forces in Cockpit" separated into two options, as right now it does two jobs:

1. It will "sag" your head and react to other forces in the cockpit (which is desirable and realistic as a TrackIR user)

2. It'll automatically orient the in-cockpit view to be (somewhat) level with the horizon in a bank or turn. This is not desired as a TrackIR user, as it feels more immersive to do this myself and not have the sim do it for me.

What do you guys think?

Very good idea!

Nice idea but how you will keep the reference of trackir hardwarewise if the gforces are taking influence of it? Think this would be very tricky or even impossible to work properly. This feature would have to be created very individual to match everyones preferences. Such features need extreme ressources and are questionmarks for me to really bring more fun into the sim.

As soon as both points Teeter mentioned are separate options everyone should be happy. There is no need to change anything in the current setup apart from making both points Teeter mentioned into separate options. The "sagging" part of this option already works fine with head tracking. You still control the head movement with your head tracking setup just that your virtual head is influenced by g-forces and e.g. "pushed" into the seat or "pulled" out of it.