Capt Zeen F-15C Helios Profile ! ! !

I would double check which version of Export you are using as it that makes the most sense why A10 is working and the F15 is not. An older version of Export would do that.

Here is a link to the new one. Search your system for all Export.lua files and make you don't have any older ones on it then extract this file and place this one in the

User/Yourname/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts folder.

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/archives/Export_for_DCS_1.5.rar

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3 directories for my 3 versions of DCS:

E:\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD 2 OPENALPHA

D:\PROGRAM FILES\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD OPENBETA

D:\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 9 months later...
The download link on "mega" is not working for me.

It says "starting" for 10 minutes and then "temporary error, retrying", but nothing else happens.

Other downloads on mega work as expected.

I just dowloaded from mega, (with Chrome)and no problem at all. Check with other explorer please.

I tried the download with SrWare Iron (Chromium), Chrome, Opera, Firefox.

It's still stuck as described earlier, other downloads on mega work as expected in all browsers mentioned above.

I can also not download any other of your profiles, it seems not to be specific to the F15 profile.

Tried the download via university vpn and it worked, strange things happening there...

Got the profile set up and running to the point that all the gauges display the correct values and synch properly with the game.

But I can't get the switches to work [if I click them in Helios nothing happens], do I have to set up the keybindings in the profile by myself or do I have to configure something else?

• 6 months later...

Capt Z

I notice that the HSI is still not working correctly in the F-15C module with your F15 profile using the latest export file. Is this still on your to do list?

It seems that Ikarus has been able to export the HSI correctly in their profile for the F15.

Edited by sobe
Ikarus

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Capt Z

I notice that the HSI is still not working correctly in the F-15C module with your F15 profile using the latest export file. Is this still on your to do list?

It seems that Ikarus has been able to export the HSI correctly in their profile for the F15.

First notice i got about it.

I am going to take a look this afternoon.

Thanks

Capt Z

The vertical and horizontal lines of the ADI and HSI are listed as known issues in your Helios profile readme. Your HSI does not line up like the one in the cockpit or the one from Ikarus.

• 2 weeks later...

Capt Z

I know that you are busy with other projects, but I just wanted to know if there was any progress on this issue.

Thanks

Capt Z

I know that you are busy with other projects, but I just wanted to know if there was any progress on this issue.

Thanks

This week i was taking a look to this problem again.

There are two functions we use to get those values: LoGetGlideDeviation() and LoGetSideDeviation()

For some reason, looks like those values don't work well on the export.lua, returning a fixed value (-1) instead of the correct one.

Only when the airplane enter in a ILS area of effect, those values start give something, but not the values we expect.

The code to export FC values is very old, and some of the fucntions do not work anymore, taking in consideration the amount of changes on the FC planes. So... unless ED fix those things, is difficult to get the correct values from the functions.

Not sure if this is old news or not but it looks like in the alpha that LoGetAngleOfAttack is returning degrees and not radians anymore.

I noticed that in flight the AOA was always pegged at 50 degrees so on a hunch I removed the 57.3 multiplier and straight the helios reading matched the in game one allowing for the different instrument divisions (in game shows 1 deg increments where as the helios version of the instrument shows about 1.45 degree increments).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yes

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...