Is the update scheduled for the 109?

.Tigre.

In the last news the graphic update was announced, also for the cockpit, of the Mustang, now considered that the 109 is an iconic airplane and probably much more important than the Mustang as seen in the various versions throughout the WWII in every operating theater an update is also planned for this airplane?

Among other things, the 109 is the module with the lowest number of polygons compared to other WWII and the rest is seen as well as many corners that are seen everywhere and, I'm sorry to say, is a airplane that seems to have been forgotten from the ED as well as the 190 in favor of those allies who instead received two versions, see the Spitfire....

It would also be desirable for the 109 to have the same consideration as those in charge of developing/upgrading WWII airplanes, thank you.

:thumbup:

I wonder how many P-51's did ED sell compared to the 109? That might determine when a plane gets an update more than which one was more important in the war.

It is not a question of sympathy or of how many have sold it, the 109 is currently still sold at almost $ 50, one price that is higher than the Mustang and the fact that it is adequately supported is not a favor but it should be an obligation to who sold it to me.

The 109 has practically remained the same since it was declared "finished" while other WWII modules such as Spitifre have even received a second version, and this I do not find it at all correct given the state in which it is currently 109. ..

This is why I would like very much that ED would update the 109 too, which, no doubt, has a great need for it.

p.s. sorry for may bad English

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just trying to guess how ED looks at it.

Sorry, did not want to be offensive, I explained myself badly :)

For the rest, I agree, I'm also curious to see what the ED intends to do with 109, say that logic as the second airplane WWII released should be considered for the update after the Mustang that was the first, we'll see what It happens...

They already said in the Russian forum that the Dora pit will stay the same. Was in regards to if it will be getting any of the improved 3D stuff that they make while working on the Anton anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they did texture work on the other aircraft as well.

The 109 External textures got an update for the new lighting in one of the last open beta patches (the one that caused the VR issues). At least from the outside it looks a bit better now.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

The 109/190 enter into the WW2 team territory, need see if them has plans to build a "upgrade cockpit".

You are right, but since they have done and will make updates on the Spitfire and on the Mustang it is logical to think that they have to do it for the 109 and 190 because they are also these WWII aircraft.

If they are willing to work only on American and British planes that openly say so, everyone will then take the appropriate measures.

In the last news the graphic update was announced, also for the cockpit, of the Mustang, now considered that the 109 is an iconic airplane and probably much more important than the Mustang as seen in the various versions throughout the WWII in every operating theater an update is also planned for this airplane?

Among other things, the 109 is the module with the lowest number of polygons compared to other WWII and the rest is seen as well as many corners that are seen everywhere and, I'm sorry to say, is a airplane that seems to have been forgotten from the ED as well as the 190 in favor of those allies who instead received two versions, see the Spitfire....

It would also be desirable for the 109 to have the same consideration as those in charge of developing/upgrading WWII airplanes, thank you.

Exactly Falco, the 109 need and deserve an upgrade...

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

They already said in the Russian forum that the Dora pit will stay the same. Was in regards to if it will be getting any of the improved 3D stuff that they make while working on the Anton anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they did texture work on the other aircraft as well.

The 109 External textures got an update for the new lighting in one of the last open beta patches (the one that caused the VR issues). At least from the outside it looks a bit better now.

The problem of the 109 is not only of textures but just at the level of the 3D model, it is really low quality when compared to the other WWII airplanes in DCS, it should be redone to adapt to the current standards that are evidently other level, and anyway we talk about an airplane that came out years ago that has never been touched ....

For Anton it will take years to see it as a flying airplane so I think that in the context of this discussion there is not, the 109 needs an update that is no longer postponed, has waited too long ...

• 2 weeks later...

I hear they are working on a new twin engine plane.

1320401022_ColombanMC10CriCri020.thumb.jpg.820c1e446e6b17043feb7a52adefd104.jpg

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Problem is: if you see the fidelity and beauty of the new P 51 or the Spit the 109 and the Dora may not look good anymore. They should try to keep all planes at the same quality level or the difference between them will bother people.

So yes, I'd like to see an update for the axis birds.

Bf109 cockpit looks perfectly fine to me. Mustang obviously needs a rework but not the German planes. I don't get it...

In my opinion, the Bf109 is the worst looking cockpit of any module I have seen in DCS. Since deferred shading, it looks like a cartoon with unsubtle colours and poor shading. No depth, poor glass instrument reflections, etc.

Pre DS, it looked pretty good. Someone needs to work on an update. I personally, just don’t use it any more because of this.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have just flown a mission with the P-51 and struggled to see my target through all the glare and reflections. If that's the kind of improvement we'd get with a "new" cockpit, I'd rather keep the ugly current cockpits of the German aircraft.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have just flown a mission with the P-51 and struggled to see my target through all the glare and reflections. If that's the kind of improvement we'd get with a "new" cockpit, I'd rather keep the ugly current cockpits of the German aircraft.

Really? I'm not seeing that. What mission is that, and can you post a screenshot?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Really? I'm not seeing that. What mission is that, and can you post a screenshot?

Just tried the instant mission (dogfight).

Reflections are baked and depending on the background it can be very hard to keep your eyes on the bandit.

I´m not even sure if he was there on the 3rd screen or if he had dropped under my nose for a sec.

FHtYzO5.png

OYbS3Tw.png

TNlZuPa.pngItlb2Iq.png

See what you mean. I'm not seeing it as bad as that, even in that mission. Obviously, it depends a lot on the sun position, and sometimes it's hardly noticeable, but I agree, something needs to be done about it.

I was just going to post my screen shot but golani beat me to it. Basically the whole cockpit shows on the glass surfaces, depending on from where the sun hits you. I guess now you understand where I'm coming from and why I'm skeptical about "improvements".

I've flown the P-51D earlier and it did not have this problem. It has obviously been "improved" at some point in time.

By the way, I had the same problem in the Spit.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5