2018 New Year’s Update

Hiromachi

I hope for 2.5 also the interior cockpit instruments lights will also be updated.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Visuals only? No mention of bug fixes and correcting systems functionallity, it's not looking good is it.

We have said in our New Years Update about bug fixes and what is most pressing issue. This was a small update in preparation for a 2.5 version :thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks! looks amazing!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Do you plan to overhaul the SPO-10, or is it going to stay in a simplified state?

I reckon that you are waiting for the new radar tech coming with 2.5, since I imagine it would greatly simplify accurately simulating the SPO-10.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

For me it was a major performance uplift from 1.5.8

Right now I have on 2.5 Caucasus 80 to 120 Fps on very high settings (high textures, msaa x 8 and af x 16) at 3440x1440p. Gameplay feels smoother as well.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

• 2 months later...

Can't wait for next new years update!

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
This is wishful thinking but are we going to have an update or any more pics on the Corsair soon? I have longed for a proper Corsair sim since the old IL-2 Pacific days. Looking forward to this one gents ALOT!

Exactly, 8 months from last update....two pics...and nothing more...

How far from release? How is going the work on a Pacific Map?

Could we expect something like Falkland from Razbam in the Pacific? Carrier operations? More and more Pacific Theatre aircraft....not all flyable from the start but....at least two....

How far from release? How is going the work on a Pacific Map?

Could we expect something like Falkland from Razbam in the Pacific? Carrier operations? More and more Pacific Theatre aircraft....not all flyable from the start but....at least two....

I guess focus is on the CE2 so far.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me it was a major performance uplift from 1.5.8

Right now I have on 2.5 Caucasus 80 to 120 Fps on very high settings (high textures, msaa x 8 and af x 16) at 3440x1440p. Gameplay feels smoother as well.

Of course- you upgraded PC !

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

Well, I hate to break it to you, but we are not obliged to provide pictures with every update for every module we work on. Especially as there are no pictures that would interest anyone, since attention was given to coding and programming of the module. But work is going on, right now F4U-1d is in process of texturing, as model is mostly complete I'd say but textures that were presented in December update were incomplete and predated DCS switching to PBR. For now lets just say that there is a lot work left for us to do, which is somehow overshadowed by preparations to launch CE2.

Of course- you upgraded PC !

Yes, months after writing that comment. I replaced my i7 2600k with Ryzen 2700X in April, whereas post is from February. Before that I had i7 2600k at 5.0 Ghz, same 16 Gb of RAM (though DDR3) and same GTX 1080Ti.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but we are not obliged to provide pictures with every update for every module we work on. Especially as there are no pictures that would interest anyone, since attention was given to coding and programming of the module. But work is going on, right now F4U-1d is in process of texturing, as model is mostly complete I'd say but textures that were presented in December update were incomplete and predated DCS switching to PBR. For now lets just say that there is a lot work left for us to do, which is somehow overshadowed by preparations to launch CE2.

I was under the impression that CE2 was to train and prepare for the F4U, that would make the F4U top priority, and from a business perspective it makes more sense to keep the community updated on such an anticipated module. Coming up on a year with no updates will directly affect sales, IMHO. Even a "hey guys we're still working on it" would be nice. It shouldn't be about what you are obligated to do, but rather making your customers excited and happy. I am quite excited though, no matter the wait or lack of updates, personally.

Edited by pegg00

I understand your desire. I'd also like to have more frequent updates for you guys but as mentioned above, there is not always something that can be presented. Still, I will try to get more news as soon as possible.

As for CE2, it's not a study project. It is a full fidelity module that will be launched like any other, though indeed it provides knowledge and experience as well as ability to try new features (like enhanced damage model). So in a way it is a project (for us) to prepare for F4U.

• 1 year later...

Magnitude3 New Year’s Update

AMAZING work on the update The only question I have is why wasn't the new air traffic control tower that opened up with the opening of 9L/27R included in the update? It's still the way it was in the original scenery: under construction.

Best Regards,

Robert

What update? Previous post is from 2018. Did I miss something?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE