Damin it UFC Data entry for INS does not work at all! (SOLVED)

DmitriKozlowsky

This function is dead.

Start engine

INS OFF

Menu/EHSD/DATA/ A/C

Time to enter initial position.

Pres POS:

N2 press folowed by Long from current location. PROBLEM

After entry, UFC does not record entry. Pressing SVE does not work. ENT clears position entry to zero. Pressing :POS without ENT or SVE for LAT entry also clears Long to zero.

Same thing goes.

The processs is broken and does not work.

Time entry: There is no way to enter it. All it does is blink.

Every single tutorial fails to address this part of startup. 'Cause its broken!

Just cheat with IFA or SEA align on ground.

What gives?

Damn it, just get it working already!

This function is dead.

Start engine

INS OFF

Menu/EHSD/DATA/ A/C

Pres POS:

After entry, UFC does not record entry. Pressing SVE does not work. ENT clears position entry to zero. Pressing :POS without ENT or SVE for LAT entry also clears Long to zero.

Same thing goes.

What gives?

The INS was implemented what 2 weeks ago... for an aircraft in beta... so.....

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

As said before, you have to write the inputs in DMS (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds). In DCS World settings, change the coordinates option to DMS so the map and the F2 view show the good value. Your setting is probably DD (Decimal Degrees).

Edited by *Aquila*

Am I not being clear? UFC zeros all entered values upon press of SVA, ENT, of POS option button.

Theo only reliable way of INS alignment is to either do a SEA with outside power, or do IFA after take off.

Finally, there is NO way to enter TIME into UFC. No function button allows this.

The process is broken.

What I am asking for is clear, straightforward instruction set of on ground INS alignment from RAZBAM, and so far I have not gotten it. Pocket Guide PDF does not have it. Every single YT posting is 'effed as posters are clueless themselves. In the end of YT they themselves switch to IFA . I don't know if they realize it that everything they did prior to IFA selection switch did nothing.

This function is dead.

Start engine

INS OFF

Menu/EHSD/DATA/ A/C

Pres POS:

Same thing goes.

What gives?

I finally saw this last night. The cause was the parking brake was not set. To fix, you need to set the parking brake, turn off the INS and restart the procedure. Make sure the UFC is expecting the right coordinates when you enter them in. (IE if it wants W/E you need to make sure you press POS and go to N/S or enter in E/W)

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

As of latest patch. INS manual ground alignment works. All the inputs on UFC are now properly stored. There is a cheat-maybe-a-bug. If ground power is connected, on ramp, not just on ship, SEA align works without any inputs. Takes a few minutes. Other cheat is on ground stationary IFA (in flight align), or yake off wothout nav and do IFA when wingborne.

As of latest patch. INS manual ground alignment works.

No one using Open Beta received a patch this week, however Open Beta 2.5.3.21708 was pushed to the Release branch.

What I am asking for is clear, straightforward instruction set of on ground INS alignment from RAZBAM, and so far I have not gotten it. Pocket Guide PDF does not have it.

Every single YT posting is 'effed as posters are clueless themselves. In the end of YT they themselves switch to IFA . I don't know if they realize it that everything they did prior to IFA selection switch did nothing.

Sounds like you are/were using the 'Release' branch and tiring to do INS/GPS alignments, a WIP feature only available in Open Beta until this week.

It is at this point, that if we were in a class, I would have an unquenchable desire, to get up from my desk, grab the instructor by the scruff of his coat lift him a few inches of the ground, lock eyeballs , then calmy ask;

"How do we GDamn enter the coordinates and mag dev when UFC is not accepting input!!!! You, sir, have missed some important detail, a button we have to push, a sub-procedure!!!" Then I would put him down, straighten his wardrobe, pat him on the shoulder, and take my seat.

I had imagined doing that in college, in Field Artillery School, and few times in Airborne School. But ABN blackhats were aholes and were bigger then me, and did not appear to have a sense of humor. Cpt. Stevens, my instructor, in Artillery School was a Marine, and thus was not an option. The other instructor was Ranger tabbed and that also served as a deterrent. But the desire never left me.

Dude! Seriously! Is this an ;effin;g joke ? It is unfollowable. That is the worst single case of instruction I have come across. It is even worse then previous YT link where heavily Scottish British accented posted was clueless. This Frenchie is even worse. He goes so fast and instruction is just plain does not work. With or without subtitles.

His instruction is nonfunctional becouse he is not doing right, and he does not even realize it. I suspect. In the end, on ground, he sets INS to IFA, inflight alignment. Just as I do. Becouse INS ground alignment procedure , as shown is incorrect. Not to mention the numbers he is entering, such MAVAR are ?. Instead of E 6, he enters E 001.6 and does not press ENT or SVA. If he did the MVAR display would revert to zero, as it does for me. If he switches to another function, MVAR remains at zero. Like other instruction this one is hosed.

Unbelievable!

Thanks for having fun at my expense.

You would have saved yourself a lot of venting and frustration if you had mentioned your DCS version.

Glad to hear you got it sorted and that we are all 'on the same page' now.

Edited by Ramsay
End on a positive.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080