Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Bear in mind anyway you'll probably need stable version when 2.5 is out (whenever that happens). Current 2.0.5 is just Alpha, and who knows but I don't think that version would update to Beta, and stable as long as there are already both separated installs for those.

S!

I think it's safe to say that the 2.5 upgrade will happen from the 2.X branch, and not from the 1.5.X branch. If that turns out to be wrong, well Ill deal with that when the time comes. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think it's safe to say that the 2.5 upgrade will happen from the 2.X branch, and not from the 1.5.X branch. If that turns out to be wrong, well Ill deal with that when the time comes. :)

2.0 -> 2.1 -> 2.5

1.5 is T3 and Doesnt Support Multiple Terrains, 1.5.x Gets all the code updates, bug fixes etc etc that 2.0 does, but still runs T3 Terrain Engine.

1.5.x - T3 - Caucasus T3 Version

2.0.x - T4 - NTTR Open Alpha

2.1.x - T4 - NTTR + Normandy Closed Alpha for DCS WWII Backers (Per Wags Live Stream), Deferred Shading Etc.

2.5.x - T4 - NTTR + Normandy + Caucasus T4/HD/Remastered, Deferred Shading, PBR, Etc Etc.

Timing for Branches hasnt been announced, but:

1.5 Likely will be on release branch while any major bugs in 2.5 are ironed out.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Btw. serial numbers for Kickstarter backers are available now.

I´m wondering, if there is still an Alpha-access to the Normandy map in the planning, as there is a separate serial number for it?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I´m wondering, if there is still an Alpha-access to the Normandy map in the planning, as there is a separate serial number for it?

It'll be an alpha access since you need 2.0.5 Alpha version in order to run the Normandy map right now.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I think you are right Herr Ram. I have the serial numbers too. In his last video ( the one with the bf 109 and the FW 190 in the normandy map) Wags said that something will come this week. I thought the map was here to download :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

Yeah I have mine. Only thing needed is the release of the map, but when should we expect this? Are we still a ways away(Late May) from a release? Are the distribution of the keys an indicator that release is only days away?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Does this mean that kickstarter backers will get earlier access to Normandy than those who pre-purchase?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Does this mean that kickstarter backers will get earlier access to Normandy than those who pre-purchase?

That would be a well deserved bonus.

According to the livestream and Skates's post.

2.1.x - T4 - NTTR + Normandy Closed Alpha for DCS WWII Backers (Per Wags Live Stream), Deferred Shading Etc.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In his last video ( the one with the bf 109 and the FW 190 in the normandy map) Wags said that something will come this week.

That would be the keys to have access. I do agree to some degree that it can be a bit misleading and the expectation is there to have the ability to download the map also, but nevertheless he did say KEYS. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Yeah I have mine. Only thing needed is the release of the map, but when should we expect this? Are we still a ways away(Late May) from a release? Are the distribution of the keys an indicator that release is only days away?

As far as I remember keys are always distributed some weeks before release of a pre-ordered module (correct me if I´m wrong). End of May should be realistic.

But that`s why I asked for the Alpha-access. Maybe backers with the reward of Alpha-access will get the possibility to enjoy the map a few days earlier?;) I don`t think so, but one can dream.:)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

That would be a well deserved bonus.

+1!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

ED didn't do that with NTTR. So, no.

Besides, it would be terrible form to do so. Why do you think we (as backers) are more worthy than the folks who've paid in the pre-purchase phase? All of us have dropped the cash at this point.

It also makes more work for ED.

Edited by Buzzles

ED didn't do that with NTTR. So, no.

Nobody was promised Alpha access for NTTR.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Besides, it would be terrible form to do so. Why do you think we (as backers) are more worthy than the folks who've paid in the pre-purchase phase?

Because it was written in the backers rewards.

Well I don't mind either way. It would be nice to know though.

We did not forget :)

Stand by...

Is this the part where I soil myself with excitement????:D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Is this the part where I soil myself with excitement????:D

That sounds like a purely personal decision. ;)

Serial Numbers show on my profile too...

Wags said on the last Video they'd (Keys) be distributed this week.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That sounds like a purely personal decision. ;)

Yup, its most certainly not required or recommended :)

Too late. I had to leave early from work to change my clothes due to involuntary soiling...:smilewink:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional