=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

No Ping limit.

As for high ping players situation.. It's pretty delicate, and I don't want to rush with decisions. On one hand I understand the frustration when air battle is spoiled by high ping of one of the participants and I understand that the more skill you have the more you pay attention to effects of connection. I support the desire to have as smooth experience as possible.

But on the other hand. We have some active dedicated players with high pings because of their location. Let's take Digger for example. He's from Australia and a very dedicated WWII player. Creating a ping limiter will eliminate him from DCS WWII multiplayer entirely, and considering our small community I don't want to make such a step.

If we had considerable percentage of players (let's say 30-50%) warping around and pilots had a probability to experience warping/mispositioning every 2nd-5th battle then I would not hesitate to implement ping limiter (or if the community was that big that we could easily have populated servers in every region of the world) But currently I'm asking myself if it's really such a great probability at the moment that we need to restrict players leaving them with almost nobody to play online?..

Hi Eekz, I would like to thank you for not imposing a ping limit. After several months of multiplayer DCS WWII I find your server the most enjoyable. The web page is great. I have found after flying with other players based in the Eu that my ping usually dose not warp. jump or otherwise cause issues, I will say on very odd occasions that warping happens within the game and this from what I have gathered is not always related to my ping as this can happen when I am not even connected. Again thank you as I know there was some pressure placed on you. To those that think my ping is unfair ( as I am too hard to shoot, )please be aware that players with the lowest ping have a huge advantage, they have up to half a second and in a fight that is a long time when split second decisions are made. If I do jump or shudder on your screen you can be assured that it is 10 times worse from my perspective. I am fighting with the lag and wish I had a 17ms ping. May be then I would have less Deaths of my virtual Pilot. Cheers Eekz

pressure, LoL

no, they just left server..

stats are clear

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Hi Eekz, I would like to thank you for not imposing a ping limit. After several months of multiplayer DCS WWII I find your server the most enjoyable. The web page is great. I have found after flying with other players based in the Eu that my ping usually dose not warp. jump or otherwise cause issues, I will say on very odd occasions that warping happens within the game and this from what I have gathered is not always related to my ping as this can happen when I am not even connected. Again thank you as I know there was some pressure placed on you. To those that think my ping is unfair ( as I am too hard to shoot, )please be aware that players with the lowest ping have a huge advantage, they have up to half a second and in a fight that is a long time when split second decisions are made. If I do jump or shudder on your screen you can be assured that it is 10 times worse from my perspective. I am fighting with the lag and wish I had a 17ms ping. May be then I would have less Deaths of my virtual Pilot. Cheers Eekz

well, i wouldnt want to be at the location where you are while playing dcs because there are pretty much no alternatives for you in ww2 , but, a player with a 400+ ping, absolutely destroys the experience for the others. its not only your plane thats warping through the air horribly, but others as well, as soon as somone with such a ping joins a server....there is a good reason why many of the really popular servers in dcs have a ping limit set. thats the ugly truth and a known fact for dcs for many years now...

and tbh, such warping that everybody can experience, is of course not entirely the server owners fault...its bad netcode. thats what we have. but i personally think, that people with a 400+ ping should be excluded from such a server for 1 certain reason....this 1 individual will destroy the experience for everybody who is joining this server....which in consequence means, that much potential is lost in terms of new guys joining and staying/ coming back....they experience the horrible warping, which is pretty much unique in dcs, and go back to the other ww2 sim.....

well, i wouldnt want to be at the location where you are while playing dcs because there are pretty much no alternatives for you in ww2 , but, a player with a 400+ ping, absolutely destroys the experience for the others. its not only your plane thats warping through the air horribly, but others as well, as soon as somone with such a ping joins a server....there is a good reason why many of the really popular servers in dcs have a ping limit set. thats the ugly truth and a known fact for dcs for many years now...

and tbh, such warping that everybody can experience, is of course not entirely the server owners fault...its bad netcode. thats what we have. but i personally think, that people with a 400+ ping should be excluded from such a server for 1 certain reason....this 1 individual will destroy the experience for everybody who is joining this server....which in consequence means, that much potential is lost in terms of new guys joining and staying/ coming back....they experience the horrible warping, which is pretty much unique in dcs, and go back to the other ww2 sim.....

I completely disagree! I fly this server all the time and have experienced warping from many players, some with low ping and some with high. To say that a single player is ruining the experience is absolutely ridiculous. Of all the issues ED has particularly with DCS WW2, a single players ping is hardly a factor. If you want to isolate yourselves to a server that only accepts a certain ping then maybe you should create one. But to lay unfounded blame on an individual that was humbly expressing his gratitude to the server owner for recognizing his situation and being understanding is a bit much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just dropped a 500kg bomb directly beside a tank at mission 2 and the tank didn´t catch a scratch. Is that supposed to do that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I just dropped a 500kg bomb directly beside a tank at mission 2 and the tank didn´t catch a scratch. Is that supposed to do that?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3476670&postcount=3519

Ask skliff for more info about that, he has been ground attacking for red side quite successfully recently.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

I haven't done broad testing of SC500 vs Sherman-Firefly's yet.

Usually when attacking tanks on =BS= I try to put the bomb at the rear of the tank. Most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't for some odd reason.

Say, I dont see much difference between these two drops. In both cases bomb falls at a similar place. But one drop destroyed 2 tanks, the other one - no result.

Drop #1:

Drop #2: https://youtu.be/DytB38iJbJM.

Edited by skliff13

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't done broad testing of SC500 vs Sherman-Firefly's yet. Usually when attacking tanks on =BS= I try to put the bomb at the rear of the tank. Most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't for some odd reason.

Thanks Skliff13!:thumbup:

Does it make a difference if I drop them with delay or without it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You probably delivered 500 right, unfortunately something has changed since the last update.

I was not successful too, so i tried it off-line.

And Firefly is no longer "soft" target, even i hit it directly i couldn't kill it with 500...

btw. Pz IVH underwent the same improvement

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Thanks for the info saburo! I was starting to doubt my abilities after not being able to kill the tanks no matter where I placed the bomb.

Is there a way to workaround with preset damage to the tanks?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried to kill tanks by using bombs, off-line.

Direct hit is necessary to kill it. But for bomb fuse i recomend no delay setting.

I hit diretly Firefly tank with 500kg with MV setting (delay) and i could see my bomb on that tank, when i hit it. Surprisingly after explosion, tank looked intact no fire, no smoke. Tank was hit according to log.

Then I set fuse without delay and when i finaly hit Firefly, it was destroyed.

That is my experience.

Tiger II can be destroyed by US 500lbs bomb with direct hit too, for example.

The best way to kill tank is use HVARs, unfortunately Luftwaffe does not have this advantage (and never had).

It is nearly impossible to kill tank using bomb, especially in windy conditions.

F-15E | F-14A/B

About 1 day remained to perform 10 sroties and get May 2018 rankins!

Pilots who has 9 sorties are:

=2ndSS=Maestro

Sandman_5EVC

Redline

Kelju VR

{WD} Junglie

Захар

No.54 Moby (KL-M)

Pilots with 8 sorties:

9./JG 27 MAD

362nd Tec

OR | 1-5 Kiakawa

Dont want to lose you guys :)

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

About 1 day remained to perform 10 sroties and get May 2018 rankins!

Pilots who has 9 sorties are:

=2ndSS=Maestro

Sandman_5EVC

Redline

Kelju VR

{WD} Junglie

Захар

No.54 Moby (KL-M)

Pilots with 8 sorties:

9./JG 27 MAD

362nd Tec

OR | 1-5 Kiakawa