Just another sound mod

hubson

That sound is fantastic! One of things that make DCS better by the day. Thanks for making and sharing for sharing, bud.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hubson, man, the mod sounds awesome! Great work! I have 2 questions though.

1) Can I include this in my mod pack with your credit of course?

2) Is there a reason why the afterburner sounds are so quiet? On take off there is really no audible change from mil power to gate and know from experiences that gate is way way louder. Is there a way to increase it?

Yes you can include it in your pack, thanks. As for the afterburner, I didn't want it to overlap other sounds to much when on the move, thats why the volume and radius is moderate. It is easy to adjust though, find PlaneAfterburner sdef file, open it and change the "gain" value to something bigger. You can play with "radius" also so it could be heard further away.

1) Can I include this in my mod pack with your credit of course?

2) Is there a reason why the afterburner sounds are so quiet? On take off there is really no audible change from mil power to gate and know from experiences that gate is way way louder. Is there a way to increase it?

Strange, I've just checked and its fine on my end.. Actually my mod does not affect A10 apart from removing one annoying distant sound from vanilla. It suppose to sound exactly like in the demo, I recorded it just before uploading the mod. Are you sure you are not missing any files in your install? Can you hear any sound of the A10?

Did what you said and it works great!

Side note. I cannot get the a10 to sound how it does in your mod demo. During flybys using F3 you cant hear the engines at all.

Strange, I've just checked and its fine on my end.. Actually my mod does not affect A10 apart from removing one annoying distant sound from vanilla. It suppose to sound exactly like in the demo, I recorded it just before uploading the mod. Are you sure you are not missing any files in your install? Can you hear any sound of the A10?
What annoying jet sounds did you remove? My issue may be the enginejet sound that is being used as a parent for the jet sound for the a10c. I'll keep looking at it.

"Distant_Jet_Side" - it is the sound common for attackers -I made it silent. Like with the afterburner, locate this sdef, open it and change the gain value (orginally was gain = 2.5) See if that helps.

What annoying jet sounds did you remove? My issue may be the enginejet sound that is being used as a parent for the jet sound for the a10c. I'll keep looking at it.

New version uploaded. F15 idle sounds have changed, also engine spooling to MIL power on the ground can be heard around the plane now. Cockpit audios are revisited, it is rough, noisy and unpleasant now without the helmet. I tried to get these as close as possible based on the videos and sound libraries on the net, it would be great if someone with first hand experience care to comment. More tweaks to external sounds, approaching jets sound more realistic in more ranges of speeds up to supersonic.

• 3 months later...

The work done here is amazing and needs some recognition. This is the best sound I have heard period. I think a lot of the module makers need to sit up and listen to this, as this standard should be the norm as I have found many left wanting in the sound department.

Cracking work, and I hope it continues.

Many thanks for this great mod

Thank you very much! I will keep improving this but I think I started to hit the wall with FC3 sound engine, it seems so simple and basic compared to the ones of full fidelity modules. Can't wait for the F15E and F16 to start the mod all over with full dedication.

I don't own that module. Have you tried other mods made for the Harrier? I think I saw some on the user files page. If you decide to make some changes by yourself, try in CoreMods/aircraft/AV8BNA/Sounds folder. As for the flyby sound, well it is a mix of all external sounds playing in the loop when the plane is airborn, so your task would be to locate them one by one and then tweak. Daunting task:smilewink:

Every sound has corresponding Sdef file which determine parameters like volume, range , freqency etc. Sometimes adjusting basic things like volume can make world of the difference, but you have to know what you are after. I am not familiar whith AV8NB at all so it would take a while for me to "catch" what is missing. Try, it is fun once you figure what is what.

Is there any chance you could add something for the AV8NB? The flyby sound is not right. I've been close to them where I live and it never sounded like that. If not, is there a way I can work on it? Not sure which file they use for the flyby.

OK Hubson. The flyby sounds too whiney for me and as I have seen and heard them as they used to fly over my house very low, I can say that I never heard it that way. I will do as you said and look in the coremods folder and try to find out. I tried another sound mod but it didn't do anything that I was looking for.

• 4 months later...

Soundmodders are my favorite people. Coming to the rescue of flightsims and other again and again. Ive tried soundmods from all of you guys making it for dcs and I thank you all. Now this soundmod has gone past me and I have no idea why. I downloaded yesterday and installed it but I cant seem to get the flyby sounds like your video in the first post here, from 2017. Have you altered the mod in this version 4 or did I do something wrong? The flyby from the first post sounds wicked and nasty, in a good way of course. Loved it.

Well the sounds have changed a lot since 2017 indeed. Overall "feel" however suppose to remain.. Lets see if you installed it right. When you unrar F15_Audio_PackVer4 you get the folder with the same name. Inside there is another F15_Audio_PackVer4 folder and that is the one you put into JSGME . NostalgiaMenu is optional (music and splash screen). Is it how you did it?

Soundmodders are my favorite people. Coming to the rescue of flightsims and other again and again. Ive tried soundmods from all of you guys making it for dcs and I thank you all. Now this soundmod has gone past me and I have no idea why. I downloaded yesterday and installed it but I cant seem to get the flyby sounds like your video in the first post here, from 2017. Have you altered the mod in this version 4 or did I do something wrong? The flyby from the first post sounds wicked and nasty, in a good way of course. Loved it.