DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Do you have an iPad version?

Obviously that's for Ciribob to answer, but cross platform development is always additional workload both in development and support, and seeing as SRS integrates into DCS, I pretty much doubt there'll be an SRS server or client for iOS until DCS itself becomes available for that platform.

How can I record the effects in simple radio? Thx greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Do you have an iPad version?
No - not likely too either. Need $100 for the apple developer licence per year and not sure how much use it would be?

What were you thinking would be on the iPad? Controls for the radio?

If it's that - then if someone is very keen you could build a local web app that could be loaded up in the iPad and sends the commands to SRS locally. There is a UDP interface that switches radios and can set frequencies etc

How can I record the effects in simple radio? Thx greets mike
You can install a virtual audio cable which'll record your mic output with the effects of you set that as the pass through output.

You can use shadowplay to record all incoming transmissions and effects etc

Hope that helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I searched but couldn't find a solution:

Ka-50 VHF2 R-800 doesn't seem to have a clickable volume knob in cockpit and no volume keybindings.

SRS volume for this radio is locked at 50% and not controlable through SRS volume slider.

How can I change the volume for this radio, what am I missing?

If I'm not missing anything, then how about disconnecting SRS from Cockpit controls for the Black Shark in order to be able to control this radio volume through SRS' slider.

Hi folks.

Did try searching for KA-50 guidance but couldn't find much. Sorry if I missed it... Couple of questions:

1. For the main left-hand radio: should I be on AM or FM?
  2. Is there any way to transmit on guard, without dialling in 121.5? I know I can receive by flicking that switch.
  3. Is there any use for the right-hand radio in multiplayer? I'm guessing only other KA-50s would have the same frequencies?

Cheers!

PS: by left-hand/right-hand, i mean the one on the left front panel and the back right panel with the rotary knob...

Hi folks.

Did try searching for KA-50 guidance but couldn't find much. Sorry if I missed it... Couple of questions:

1. For the main left-hand radio: should I be on AM or FM?
  2. Is there any way to transmit on guard, without dialling in 121.5? I know I can receive by flicking that switch.
  3. Is there any use for the right-hand radio in multiplayer? I'm guessing only other KA-50s would have the same frequencies?

Cheers!

PS: by left-hand/right-hand, i mean the one on the left front panel and the back right panel with the rotary knob...

For the left hand radio, you are probably referring to VHF2 which can be set either to AM of FM but is by default set to AM.

Right hand radio refers to VHF1 and is using preset frequencies (you can see them in the mission editor). You can use the default ones or set them up in the mission editor. We are using VHF1 as a common radio with the other choppers. Also, don't forget there is a 3rd radio when you set the radio selector on SW (Short Wave) that you can use to communicate internally between the Ka50 group at short distances.

Just checked the manual - yup, left hand = R-800 = VHF-2.

SW is a handy tip, haven't seen that referenced anywhere. Cheers.

Just been listening again to the simpleradio youtube guide. Does the guard switch effectively overwrite the set frequency, or does it allow you to listen to guard as well as the frequency set by hand on VHF2?

If you have a +G on the overlay , then you are listening on Guard as well as the normal frequency that you see on the overlay.

Some radios have a switch to tune directly into just the guard frequency and nothing else, others have the guard monitor option.

For the KA 50, I can't actually remember.... Sorry :) but overaly will show what's up.

Also - the 3rd shortwave radio was never actually installed in the KA50 (even though there is a switch). I've added support for it anyway but you have to enable expansion radios on the SRS server for it to work.

SRS for high fidelity modules (clickable) just takes the settings straight from DCS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Is there a way to take the srs radios and translate it to a way that lotatc will receive and transmit to them like an interface since you told me srs for lotatc was way down the road i was hoping for a way to build a interface that would allow it to work

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

(For anyone reading from the future, in answer to my question above, the guard switch on the Black Shark _does_ overrule whatever frequency you have set on the R-800, rather than listen to both frequencies at the same time. It doesn't change the numbers on the rotary dials, so it's not totally obvious what you're Rx/Tx on unless you've got the overlay on.)

Ciribob, is there any way to get srs to work with lotatc that uses UniversRadio? Maybe take in the data stream from one and switch it to the other like a repeater irl that way srs would work with lotatc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Does the overlay works for you ingame?

I mean the radio overlay with frquency tha can be changed, the only overlay which is working is the one by pressing the ctrl+alt+esc

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Yes but that requires dcs to be running in addition to lotatc I’m wishing to use lotatc by itself unless I’m ground then lotatc isn’t neededas you use f10 and tower view most of the time since ac on the ground dont show up in lotatc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Just installed SRS, but the program doesn't even open. Tried running as admin and still nothing. I'm running the SR-ClientRadio.exe - any ideas? I've reinstalled several times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you guys please tell me if the radio overlay appears in game?

As soon as I press alt+enter to enter fullscreen the radio overlay disappers, is that normal?'

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I really like the new radio effects, but I feel they're slightly overdone, especially through one speaker only. I don't know how they're applied, but is there a chance you could add a slider (or a couple of presets) in the options to dampen the effect a bit?

Just do the installiert and point to the folder of your Saved Games.

SRS should install to all versions, or it will ask for which version(s) you want to install (not 100% sure).

If through any mishaps this fails, look inside the downloaded zip there should be instructions for a manual install...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just do the installiert and point to the folder of your Saved Games.

SRS should install to all versions, or it will ask for which version(s) you want to install (not 100% sure).

If through any mishaps this fails, look inside the downloaded zip there should be instructions for a manual install...

Thanks mate !

jgVplRQ.png

I get an error message trying to connect with one of the audio devices of the steel series arctis 7.

"Problem Initialising Mic Audio Output! [...]"

I've attached the log. Thank you.

This is a bug with the Steel Series drivers and how NAudio handles its sample rate apparently.

Just been sent a patch - for now try the using the game output instead of chat (or vice versa if you've already tried that)

Should be in the next release :)

Can you guys please tell me if the radio overlay appears in game?

As soon as I press alt+enter to enter fullscreen the radio overlay disappers, is that normal?'

Yes - Alt + Enter is exclusive mode - so nothing can draw over the top of the window anymore

Use the native DCS overlay instead which is drawn by DCS

Ctrl + Left Shift + esc to turn it on :)

I really like the new radio effects, but I feel they're slightly overdone, especially through one speaker only. I don't know how they're applied, but is there a chance you could add a slider (or a couple of presets) in the options to dampen the effect a bit?

I'd try without the clipping turned on first and see how you go

Eventually i'll expose some of the settings so they can be tweaked more easily :)

I reinstalled DCS. Do I still need this fixed LUA or downloading SRS will have it?

Use the new 1.5.1.0 version https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest released yesterday - going to post shortly about it

Sorry all for the slow reply! Been very busy :)