NS 430 not in Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield Campaign

Why is not the NS 430 there in the Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield Campaign when it is there in The Border Campaign?

Interesting, I shall check this out tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for reporting! :thumbup:

Why is not the NS 430 there in the Mi-8MTV2 Oilfield Campaign when it is there in The Border Campaign?

Looked into it, it seems the Oilfield campaign is a 3rd party campaign by Layvinas. They would need to enable the NS430 for their campaign.

The Border campaign is from Belsimtek so it makes sense they've made their campaign compatible with the NS430.

You'll have to ask/tell Layvinas about this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=556 and see if they'll activate the NS430 in their Oilfield campaign. I'll shoot their head honcho a message at least for you and see if they'll look into it.

Looked into it, it seems the Oilfield campaign is a 3rd party campaign by Layvinas. They would need to enable the NS430 for their campaign.

The Border campaign is from Belsimtek so it makes sense they've made their campaign compatible with the NS430.

You'll have to ask/tell Layvinas about this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=556 and see if they'll activate the NS430 in their Oilfield campaign. I'll shoot their head honcho a message at least for you and see if they'll look into it.

Thank you very much :)

• ED Team

There are two things that come together.

1. There were no NS 430 when campaign was created.

2. Team is pretty much sure that use of built in navigation is more fun and makes You feel the helicopter better. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

i remember that i had tried ns430 on oilfield campaign on 1.5 version and it had worked.

they may have disabled it to create some challange and to encourage people to use doppler navigation.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
i remember that i had tried ns430 on oilfield campaign on 1.5 version and it had worked.

they may have disabled it to create some challange and to encourage people to use doppler navigation.

Correct. :)

IRL GPS is usually not in the first place.

It can fail, be jammed or off.

Any how campaign is taking place in Caucasus, not Arctic region with no reference points. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• 3 weeks later...
The campaign plays out quite well just using the doppler nav and other systems, I don't think I would expect a garmin to be installed on a Russian military helicopter anyway.

I have no idea what they have in Russian military helicopters, but I was expecting the ns430 to be at least able as a option to have or not have in the module when I bought it. After I bought the ns430, I first bought The Border mission but it was impossible to fly it because it chrashed the game after flying a about half hour as soon as I hitted the comunication button on the keyboard. After three very irritating times with crashes I gave up and desided to buy The Oilfield mission, but of cause there was no ns430...

Edited by Havremonster

• 1 month later...

... i dont understand why NS430 is not enable in this campaign, if you have the options in checklist... i also bought this campaign so i can test this GPS systems, they never refer this in the descriptions. i should have this option to choose.

OZOMASTER

A10C||F-14C||F-16C||F/A-18C||AV-8B||ASJ37||M-2000C||MIG15||MIG19||MIG21||F5-E||F86||FC3||P51D||Fw190||Fw190 A8||Bf109 D9||Spitfire||UH-1H||Mi8||GAZELLE||BShark2||CA||YAK52||CEagle2||L39||C101||i16||Supercarrier||

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINDOWS10 HOME ||asus GTX 1080|| 3440x1440 34' ||sixcore i7-3930k 3.2GHz || asus sabertooth x79 || 32GbRAM 2133Mhz || TM warthog || saitek cessna pedals || trackIR 5

• 9 months later...

Rather than combat, this campaign will test your knowledge of the Mi-8MTV2 navigation suite in order to locate oil derricks scattered over the forests.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/mi-8mtv2_oilfield_campaign/

Product page does not says anything about campaing is for NS430. Actually enabled NS430 would ruin all that navigation challenges.