RWR Warnings

Coxy_99

Alot on servers i notice flying the F-14, That some clients get an RWR warning in time, Yet others get no warning at all, For example i fire 2 MK-60s, One at F-18 gets a warning and defends pops chaff, Yet the F-15 flies straight into one of my MK-60s in TWS, This is also looking the case for SPO, No launch warning, But others do. Something is off maybe dysnc but its a bad issue? Is there anyone that can look into this. Is it a problem with FC3 RWR in MP or something else?

In yesterday's event, I was fired on with MK-60, But got a warning, In some cases none at all.

Edited by Coxy_99

I was flying mission destroy the bridges and the volume of the stuff in cockpit changed, warnings, the guy talking in the back, for no reason, there was SAM launch, perhaps the sam hit, but I see no visible damage. EDIT: Oh I do have a master caution.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I've never been killed by a Phoenix that I did not get a warning about... ever.

Why is the RWR blind in some cases?

It doesn't have full coverage around the aircraft, all jets in DCS have substantial blind spots in their RWR coverage.

If the missile goes active in one of these blind spots, you will not get a warning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

2 aircraft same altitude tws shots i get a warning but the other guy does not is what i mean. Surely thats not normal either A. We both get a warning or B. We dont, And i do the same in f-14 on server. I think it was bullet actually got a warning, But the F-15 didnt get one, Surely F-15 would get a warning to? Or is this down to dysnc on servers. I dont count A.I

2 aircraft same altitude tws shots i get a warning but the other guy does not is what i mean. Surely thats not normal either A. We both get a warning or B. We dont, And i do the same in f-14 on server. I think it was bullet actually got a warning, But the F-15 didnt get one, Surely F-15 would get a warning to? Or is this down to dysnc on servers. I dont count A.I

Maybe it's the ballistic trajectory of the missile?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Ok sure must be true? I dont mind, I cant say ive never defeated them i have when i get warning, But no launch warning at pit bull? Behave.

I did ask the ED team about it and was told there were issues but again i must be wrong.

Ill be honest i get tired of trying to report things.

And all you get is we need a track yea because track replays are broken since 1.5

Thead can be closed to no bug. However ill enjoy throwing aim-54s about feel sorry for those that dont get no warning at all. :thumbup:

;4156786']Why is the RWR blind in some cases?

It doesn't have full coverage around the aircraft, all jets in DCS have substantial blind spots in their RWR coverage.

It's actually modeled closer to real life in DCS Tomcat.

No blind spots. However, if directly above or below, the threat has to be significantly closer (compared to the horizontal plane) to pass the SNR threshold.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3841440&postcount=11

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yep Coxy, that bug is what killed me in the official F-14 vs F-14 event (so yes, even F-14 affected... and nearly made me lose all win chance for the prize in the end): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259499

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence