AJS-37 2.5 Changelog

Cobra847

Dear All,

2.5 is here, and the following changes should be making it into the first 2.5 builds.

We've also finished the Caucasus mini-campaign and will be releasing it on with the next build or via the forum (depending on patch length). :)

Enjoy!

• New feature! auto-generated data cartridge.
    Choosable in the kneeboard (# 6)

• The Auto-generated data cartridge is a cartridge with five pre-programmed waypoints, where the third waypoint will be located on the first expected enemy units. This waypoint will take into account projected target movement and if you follow Time on Target cues, you will intercept your target. ** This is a work in progress feature! **

• You can now load a data-cartridge file stored in the saved games-folder without respawning. Details on this will be posted on the forums.

• New Export of ELINT-analysis data to Saved games-folder added!
    It will be located in the %SAVED_GAMES%/DCS_AJS37/ELINTData.info file. The DCS_AJS37-folder must exist for export to work ** work in progress ***

• Added new JA-37Di “Akktu Stakki” Livery by Magnus Almgren!

• Fixed FORMLJUS not illuminating tail with deferred rendering on

• Fixed fuselage FORMLJUS (slimelights) not appearing with deferred rendering on

• Corrected landing light sprite movement

• Landing light distance and attenuation reworked for deferred rendering

• Landing light will no longer illuminate the cockpit

• Landing light will now follow nosewheel strut rotation.

• Wing nav/formation lights will now cast dynamic lighting

• Fixed static airfield AJS-37 missing canopy & ejection seat issue.

• Adjusted PBR materials for new tonemapper gamma

• Fixed missing Bare Metal livery due to errant commit

• Fixed missing ordinance icons

• Fixed duplicate material name of canopy glass & rocket pod (Thanks Home Fries!)

• Replaced default Viggen briefing UI image

• Corrected AKAN Gunpod size

• Fix to RWR showing ghost signals

• Fixes to Time On Target calculation accuracy

• Fix to second BK90 MJ1 not releasing

• Fix to Glideslope indication issues.

• Fix to inaccurate DYK and NAV - bombing

• Fix to Maverick-sight going off target

• Fix to Easter egg triggering erroneously. (or, rather, in common flight parameters)

• Fixed Lysbomb not releasing and FÄLLD LAST light not activating

• Various Fixes to U22 and U22/A pods

• Corrected shader parameters for cockpit

• Corrected shader parameters for LoD1/2/3 to fit better with LoD0.

• Removed all instances std::rand() and replaced with ED’s replay-consistent random object.

• Fixed Droptank fuel weight not being removed from aircraft

• Fix to lift-performance in slow speeds/high alpha

• Corrected shader parameters for all ordinance models.

• Fixed default radio frequencies.

• Fixed an issue where an AI aircraft could not be assigned to common frequency ranges.

• Corrected some mission elements for new 2.5 Caucasus.

• Fixed Canopy Glass in cockpit being practically invisible.

• Fixed doubled up canard vortices and right wing will now generate vortices.

• Adjusted ‘Mozdok Attack’,‘Moscow Takedown’ and ‘Attack the Camp’ Single missions for new Caucasus (thanks Grimes & Graywo1f!)

• Darkened HUD Glass for better HUD visibility

• Increased HUD material strength for better visibility

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We've also finished the Caucasus mini-campaign and will be releasing it on with the next build or via the forum (depending on patch length). :)

The next build to be released is 2.5 tomorrow?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's not been pushed to ED's servers yet, as we're making some last minute changes. Hence it's not in the main 2.5 patch.

Alright, so you meant the next build after the upcomming initial 2.5 build :thumbup:

Thanks for the great work!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dear All,

2.5 is here, and the following changes should be making it into the first 2.5 builds.

Just wondering, even if you no longer officialy suport 1.5, since we still awaiting the last 1.5 update is there a chance we will see some of these corrections in 1.5?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Only I that have a problem with that everything seems like washed out in the colors? The cockpit as well as the world itself. I experimented a bit with the gamma but couldn't really get it good. It seems it's something odd with the contrasts.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Wow very nice! Is there any big bug still not crushed after this patch?

Regards

Oh yes, there are still quite some bugs remaining.

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's not been pushed to ED's servers yet, as we're making some last minute changes. Hence it's not in the main 2.5 patch.

I am a bit confused as this changelog was listed by ED as part of the initial 2.5 Beta. Are these changes now in effect in 2.5 Beta or not?

Thanks

I am a bit confused as this changelog was listed by ED as part of the initial 2.5 Beta. Are these changes now in effect in 2.5 Beta or not?

Thanks

I think Cobras statement was only about the campaign, not the other changes.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks Heatblur, Nicholas and the rest of the team!!! Every patch makes the Viggen even better and enjoyable to fly in DCS.

It's true. It's damn true!! :thumbup:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Good jobs! Those problems are actually solved in 2.5

2 small things:

1 The antiship self-explode bug still remains unfixed. Antiship missiles explode immediately when the viggen is down.

2 The radar crosshair on the radar release mode(120kg bombs) is wrong. If I pull the trigger when the crosshair exactly pass the target, the bombs fall about 500m behind the target.

As I just download 2.5 - is this now the actual changelist or will this come in a future Update?

EDIT: seems it is, the RB75 is not going crazy after first shot :)

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I don't think these updates has made it into the first release of DCS 2.5, atleast not all of them. Correct me if Im wrong.

Some things I've noticed though that are not on the update list is:

- AI-controlled viggens do not touch the ground, the wheels are floating some inches above the ground.

- The ground radar is not showing a true picture of the ground like in 1.5, it seems to be showing shapes of woods (lighter), and towns (darker), similar to how they appear on F10 map.

v7rGo0UVgO7G.jpg

Best Regards Sjuan :)

Edited by Leonard_7

I'd like to report that I will suffer sudden and serious stuttering issue in the viggen's cockpit whenever I start steering the aircraft on the ground, or start banking in the air.

at first I thought this is just MP issue. But after i play the 16-2 campaign, I'm sure that this is a viggen's issue, at least in my case.

I'd like to report that I will suffer sudden and serious stuttering issue in the viggen's cockpit whenever I start steering the aircraft on the ground, or start banking in the air.

at first I thought this is just MP issue. But after i play the 16-2 campaign, I'm sure that this is a viggen's issue, at least in my case.

Hmm, I don't have this kind of problem. Maybe there your rudder controls are missmapped somehow and causing this?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Landing light will no longer illuminate the cockpit

I'm afraid this is not quite fixed ;) The landing light of my own Viggen does indeed not illuminate the cockpit anymore. However, that of my (AI) Viggen friend still does.

Well, at least I think that my cockpit should not look this bright:

[ATTACH]178170[/ATTACH][ATTACH]178171[/ATTACH]

Just FYI. Great fixes otherwise :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I searched this thread and I could not find the problem regarding the rear view mirrors. In both 1.5 and 2.2 open alpha the mirrors do not show what is behind you as other aircraft do. The only thing is a blur in all 3 mirrors that vaguely shows some type of horizon.

I do not have DCS 2.5 Beta yet because I am waiting for the stable version.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Tango777

The rear-view mirrors has not yet been implemented and doesnt show whats really behind you, they just show a simulated box to know if its ground or sky behind.

My understandings is that they are working on it and they will get implemented in the future.

:)