[Warthog]Are the buttons in my right throttle dying?

Lymark

My HOTAS is 3 years old, I first experienced malfunction(not working at all) of both coolie and boat switches a month ago, and I could somehow temporarily fix it by moving the right throttle back and forth, as of the buttons needed some 'warm-ups', then It'd be fine for a few days before having to repeat the 'warm-ups' again.

The malfunction has gotten worse since two days ago, as mic, speed brake and china hat are now included. I've been doing 'warm-ups' for the past 30mins and these buttons seem to only get detected for a brief moment when my right throttle position is within 50~100%.

I assume It's pretty much dead, right? Is there anything I could do before I decide to send it back for a costly repair?

Thanks!

My HOTAS is 3 years old, I first experienced malfunction(not working at all) of both coolie and boat switches a month ago, and I could somehow temporarily fix it by moving the right throttle back and forth, as of the buttons needed some 'warm-ups', then It'd be fine for a few days before having to repeat the 'warm-ups' again.

More that need of "warm-ups" this buttons failures suggest that wires of cables going for grip are partially broken, contact Thrustmaster and see if sell a replacement wiring harness.

Open it up and take a look. The right grip is relatively easy to open.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

More that need of "warm-ups" this buttons failures suggest that wires of cables going for grip are partially broken, contact Thrustmaster and see if sell a replacement wiring harness.

Is this a common issue for the throttle? And what are some ways to prevent this from happening again? I've heard the inside of TM HOTAS isn't as pretty as the outside, but I didn't expect it to be broken only after 3 years of use. Am I just unlucky?

Open it up and take a look. The right grip is relatively easy to open.

I've zero clue about wiring, and I'm afraid that the might invalid my whole replacement/repair privilege.

Sounds like the anti-chaff wrap has failed, and you have wires that broke. Opening up the throttle isn't that difficult, if you have basic mechanical skills. There are plenty videos on YouTube on how to accomplish it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP