VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 274 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #2731
pepin1234

In FC3 I have one AWACS and an EWR. How can I ask the EWR instead? The command AWACS seem to work for the first AWACS. Can I call EWR (F2 in AWACS menu)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #2732
Uisce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslawt View Post
1 thing maybe, voice attack is 1.7.6 now I think.
not sure it would cause these issues.
I upgraded it, still the same issue. Always centered around changing radar modes. Particularly with attempting to change radar to standby.
Uisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #2733
megger35

Hi Quick issue I had today ,
I have lost com2 button when I am in the harrier for some reason , and now have button 3 VHF FM instead .
anyone got a quick answer and how please
megger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #2734
Bahnzo

I've been having issues with getting my wingman to attack a target I've set a SPI for. This is A10C is that makes a difference.

What I've noticed is there is no "default" cue in VAICOM for the wingman. I have to give them a direction for the attack, which isn't always preferable, and most times I just want him to attack. I should add, I have the settings both for requiring engage and the extended commands checked.

Am I missing something? I looked at the command list, and don't see "default" in there.

Last edited by Bahnzo; 07-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Bahnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #2735
Uisce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo View Post
I've been having issues with getting my wingman to attack a target I've set a SPI for. This is A10C is that makes a difference.

What I've noticed is there is no "default" cue in VAICOM for the wingman. I have to give them a direction for the attack, which isn't always preferable, and most times I just want him to attack. I should add, I have the settings both for requiring engage and the extended commands checked.

Am I missing something? I looked at the command list, and don't see "default" in there.
Make sure you are broadcasting your SPI over DL. Wingmen go by numbers or Preset Callsigns (See Below).
The Sentance structure as listed in the manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop 7-17-2019 12-40-04 AM-828.png
Views:	72
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	213865
Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop 7-17-2019 12-32-23 AM-409.png
Views:	64
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	213864

You don't have to give them a direction for the attack. That is an optional appendix.

So you could say "Two, Attack my target" and it will attack with whatever it has. or you could go really specific and say "Two, Attack my Target from the south with Mavericks". If you look at the Table in the manual there are a few alternative words for the same thing.

Hope this helps.
Uisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #2736
Schlapperklange

Quote:
Originally Posted by overalien View Post
has anyone updated to the recent latest Voice Attack Version - any issues with VAICOM or AIRIO?
Found out that some commands are missing for AIRIO to tune the Jesters radio...

DCS Modules: FC3 | CA | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | Nevada | Persian Gulf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM | GTX1070ti | SSD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4 x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5
Schlapperklange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #2737
DracoLlasa

I searched the thread, but with 274 pages I can't read it all :-(
I purchased the VIACOM Pro bundle before AIRIO, I have to purchase AIRIO separately right? I don't get it from my previous bundle purchase?

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD
Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals
DracoLlasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #2738
Bahnzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uisce View Post
You don't have to give them a direction for the attack. That is an optional appendix.

So you could say "Two, Attack my target" and it will attack with whatever it has. or you could go really specific and say "Two, Attack my Target from the south with Mavericks". If you look at the Table in the manual there are a few alternative words for the same thing.

Hope this helps.
The problem is this doesn't work. I can get a wingman to attack my target no problem using the menus (and most times just default instead of a direction). But using VAICOMM they refuse. For starters, if I just say "Two, attack my target", they acknowledge, but simply fly off somewhere until I tell them to return. I'll try something more specific, like the weapon type, next time and see how that goes.

I have to tell them specifically to attack a certain target and from a certain direction for them to attack at all. ie: "Gopher <pause>, engage infantry from the south with bomb" and then I will see my message telling them to engage "at my SPI" which they acknowledge and attack.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #2739
Bahnzo

Alright, I did some testing tonight. And learned some stuff. Maybe should've known, limitations with DCS, etc.

For starters, I found that declaring "Attack my target" w/o the TGP being in "POINT" mode causes a problem. Even if I make a SPI, and say "Engage my target", it doesn't matter. If the TGP is masked, then the wingman wouldn't attack. Not a problem with VAICOM.

Also, not a problem: Even though VAICOM allows me to "Engage my target, with bombs", you cannot tell a wingman to engage a single target with a desired weapon. Annoying, but that's on DCS it seems.

One thing that wasn't evident to me, is when calling for an attack, you can (need?) use the pauses. So: "Two" <pause> "Engage" <pause> "Tanks"-----and here I"m not sure. I couldn't find if you needed to pause again after the target call out, and then pause again for direction/weapon type? But it definitely recognized the pause after both the flight member ID and then Engage.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #2740
Hollywood_315

Hey guys

Some notes:

@Bazmack Stennis is contacted like a regular ATC. The new carrier comms are not yet implemented by ED.
@Schlapperklange For adding the the AIRIO commands press Export on the config tab.
@Uisce Thanks we'll run a check with MP to see if it's somehow reproducible.
@megger35 Disable the NS430 ind DCS config.
@Chams Enable plugin support.
@Uisce Instead of "Engage my target with bombs" try use e.g. "Engage ground target with bombs" or "Engage infantry with bombs".
Apply the pause between recipient and command e.g. "Three,... attack artillery with GBUs."
@DracoLlasa Yes AIRIO is a separate license.

Grtz
Hollywood

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack