VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 272 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #2711
Mangrove Jack

I am new to Viacom but have some questions (have pro version and use Easy Communications and single PTT - also am referring to when in FA18 )

1. Am I correct in saying I need to turn Battery "ON" to start communications?
2. How do I contact Stennis ATC is it anything special in words?
3. After getting clear to start (which seems hit and miss) and I ask "Chief to Remove Wheel Chocks" I get no response. But if I hit "F11" which takes menu back to main menu I get a response to "Chief to Remove Wheel Chocks". Similar situation to if I want to abort takeoff.

It seems to me that the key presses in "Actions" are not leaving menu at correct level. Is this correct, as it seems to be unhelpful to have to hit "F11" to get a voice command to work. Or am I up the wrong creek so to speak?

Last edited by Mangrove Jack; 07-11-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Mangrove Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #2712
hreich

What is the status of option to have translation of only numbers for manual radio tuning to other languages?

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #2713
Need-To-Know

For the F14 -

I was away for a couple of months. Just updated everything.

Was there a change that would cause this message:
" RIO recipient is not available at this time."
When I request "Startup".

Thanks

Shu-Ha-Ri

Last edited by Need-To-Know; 07-12-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Need-To-Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #2714
Calicrook

So I’m having issues with that damn coms menu popping up, I’ve tried deleting my export.lua out of my saved games folder. I have Viacom directed to the correct beta dcs folder (it’s not c: it’s e: for me) and still. Also when I turn the chatter on nothing plays. I’m pressing the command and it shows it was activated just no sound. And my radios are on before someone ask lol am I missing something?
Calicrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #2715
sSkullZnBoneZz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicrook View Post
So I’m having issues with that damn coms menu popping up, I’ve tried deleting my export.lua out of my saved games folder. I have Viacom directed to the correct beta dcs folder (it’s not c: it’s e: for me) and still. Also when I turn the chatter on nothing plays. I’m pressing the command and it shows it was activated just no sound. And my radios are on before someone ask lol am I missing something?
Seems you already did the recommended fix but did you completely shut down VA and DCS then restart VA first and then DCS? I had that issue before and I wasn’t restarting everything after I deleted export.lua
Old 07-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #2716
Calicrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sSkullZnBoneZz View Post
Seems you already did the recommended fix but did you completely shut down VA and DCS then restart VA first and then DCS? I had that issue before and I wasn’t restarting everything after I deleted export.lua
sometimes the little things slip your mind. Yes that worked lol. Now Im trying to figure out how I can talk in game without transmitting through SRS . you wouldnt happen to know would you?
Old 07-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #2717
pepin1234

I am new with this mod. Have the PTT working in Voice attack but I don't see my Hotas Warthog key in my VAICOM keys entries. Only I see some TX entries. This is a little Head Braker…

Any Tutorial for a busy worker guy?

I have set the PTT and seem working in Voice Attack. First time ever with this program
Old 07-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #2718
sSkullZnBoneZz

Quote:
sometimes the little things slip your mind. Yes that worked lol. Now Im trying to figure out how I can talk in game without transmitting through SRS . you wouldnt happen to know would you?
Awesome! No problem. I haven’t used VA with SRS yet but I’ll see if it’ll work for me this weekend.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:11 AM   #2719
Calicrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sSkullZnBoneZz View Post
Awesome! No problem. I haven’t used VA with SRS yet but I’ll see if it’ll work for me this weekend.
The only way I can figure out to do it is by using AUX or intercom. Problem with that though is if I use my thrustmaster Hotas, take away the chatter from joystick button 2 (pushing in on the coms switch) and set it up for the AUX or intercom, it seems to have the opposite effect in activating the voice. Pushing it stops listening and releasing makes it listen. All the settings are set up just like the other switches. I’ve tried different buttons but no dice.
For now I’ll stick to pushing 6 on the keyboard which is annoying because I fly in VR.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:14 AM   #2720
sSkullZnBoneZz

Quote:
The only way I can figure out to do it is by using AUX or intercom. Problem with that though is if I use my thrustmaster Hotas, take away the chatter from joystick button 2 (pushing in on the coms switch) and set it up for the AUX or intercom, it seems to have the opposite effect in activating the voice. Pushing it stops listening and releasing makes it listen. All the settings are set up just like the other switches. I’ve tried different buttons but no dice.
For now I’ll stick to pushing 6 on the keyboard which is annoying because I fly in VR.
Yeah that sucks VR.

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack