VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Quick question - how does one actually tune the radio using Vaicom? The manual is kinda vague with what to actually say.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Quick question - how does one actually tune the radio using Vaicom? The manual is kinda vague with what to actually say.
I have never made it work except for presets depending on the module.
Select channel xx for presets at least, don't remember for frequency, and the VA profile needs to lines. Those I know are desplayd in the manual.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Select [AM; FM;] [0..3] [0..9] [0..9] decimal [0..9] [0; 2 5; 5 0; 7 5;] is the command that should be in the VA Vaicom profile list

In use this would be something like Select FM 2 5 1 . 5 5 0 to tune to 251.550 MHz FM (I would say this as Select FM 2 5 1 dot 5 5 oh)

I don't really use this command so can't say how easy it is to get it to work. Will try and remember to test next time I fly

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Am 25.5.2021 um 21:36 schrieb hornblower793:

Sounds like Easy Comms might be on

The Kneeboard is a bookmarked page on the in-game kneeboard and not a separate app

What exactly are you seeing and in which plane(s)

No, Easy Comms are off. 😕

Problem:F-18, whenever I tune in a radio, for example to the frequency of the Stennis 124.500 and then press the radio button and say Inbound, then the frequency of the radio automatically adjusts to a different, unknown frequency. What am I doing wrong ? Its in MP

Edited by LtSpoon
added Problem

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

No, Easy Comms are off.

Problem:F-18, whenever I tune in a radio, for example to the frequency of the Stennis 124.500 and then press the radio button and say Inbound, then the frequency of the radio automatically adjusts to a different, unknown frequency. What am I doing wrong ? Its in MP
Is easy comms being forced on by the server?

What happens if you fly a SP mission in the F18 - does it work as expected?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

vor 16 Minuten schrieb hornblower793:

Is easy comms being forced on by the server?

What happens if you fly a SP mission in the F18 - does it work as expected?

thanks for the help and answer  !

How can i see "forced on by Server" ?

SP, I will test !

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

24 minutes ago, Convexrook said:

need some help,

I cannot get the text for the Case 3 approach via the ATC. It always stops here.

Any ideas

image.png

A known issue with 2.7 at the moment - @Hollywood_315will be release a new version once 2.7 has settled down

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't manage to train "copy" since the MS speech recognition takes this as a command to copy something.

I read in MS forum that disabling "commands" is not possible.

Also I wonder if using anothe speech engine like DRAGON DICTATE will work as well ?

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + Pedals

(AB-detent Mod, Stick extension Mod)

HTC Cosmos VR

Track IR

----------

Intel i9-9900K

64GB Ram

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I don't manage to train "copy" since the MS speech recognition takes this as a command to copy something.
I read in MS forum that disabling "commands" is not possible.

Also I wonder if using anothe speech engine like DRAGON DICTATE will work as well ?

Just add copy to the Microsoft Speech Recognition Dictionary then, with a recording. But copy is not a command is it? It's just a place holde like "Roger" one can use for better immersion.
VoiceAttack currently only supports Microsoft Speech Recognition.
Cheers!

@Convexrook

I cannot get the text for the Case 3 approach via the ATC. It always stops here.
Any ideas

I have the same issue. Is there an approximate date for an update now that 2.7.1 seems more stable?
Not as far as I know - I believe it is dependent on 2.7 moving to stable

• Like 1

Hey all,  I recently enabled the VSPX feature to VAICOM.  Once enabled in VAICOM, it does show the green active light in my editor tab.  Of course when I hit the test feature it doesn't complete which is correct based on the message "VSPX Processing mode is active".  Now I do hit finish and and go back to VoiceAttack to paste my updated keywords.  When I select all and paste my new set of keywords in my "Keyword Collections" inside my VoiceAttack Profile, my keywords go from 1176 down to only 77.  Is this normal?

Edited by *Moxie*

Hey all,  I recently enabled the VSPX feature to VAICOM.  Once enabled in VAICOM, it does show the green active light in my editor tab.  Of course when I hit the test feature it doesn't complete which is correct based on the message "VSPX Processing mode is active".  Now I do hit finish and and go back to VoiceAttack to paste my updated keywords.  When I select all and paste my new set of keywords in my "Keyword Collections" inside my VoiceAttack Profile, my keywords go from 1176 down to only 77.  Is this normal?

That sounds like you have the VA command list collapsed.

On the edit profile screen (where you go to paste the commands) look at tye bottom of the screen. Next to the Import Commands button there is an flat button / icon that will either show 1 dot and 1 line or 3 dots and 3 lines. If this shows 1 dot and line click on it to change it to 3 dots and lines.

That sounds like you have the VA command list collapsed.

On the edit profile screen (where you go to paste the commands) look at tye bottom of the screen. Next to the Import Commands button there is an flat button / icon that will either show 1 dot and 1 line or 3 dots and 3 lines. If this shows 1 dot and line click on it to change it to 3 dots and lines.

I think he means that the Keywords Editor only includes the 77 commands included in the free version.
I have a similar issue after re-installing my computer, even after copying over the old plugin from the previous installation. For some reason licensing etc. didn't seem to be retained in the database.
I will come back later today when I done this, but I have feeling it's a matter of resetting the database or export/import.
If somebody has some better clues it will be much appreciated.
Cheers!

I think he means that the Keywords Editor only includes the 77 commands included in the free version.
I have a similar issue after re-installing my computer, even after copying over the old plugin from the previous installation. For some reason licensing etc. didn't seem to be retained in the database.
I will come back later today when I done this, but I have feeling it's a matter of resetting the database or export/import.
If somebody has some better clues it will be much appreciated.
Cheers!

I am not sure, but think licence information might be held in the registry - i have kept a copy of all my licence keys for this reason

I am not sure, but think licence information might be held in the registry - i have kept a copy of all my licence keys for this reason

Hehe. Yeah, probably. I have all my licenses in the emails. Just got a little worried I couldn't find them all. But that's me using multiple email addresses.

Hi there wondering if anyone can help , I have recently reformatted my PC, and I am wondering EXACTLY what I have to copy from the old PC (still have a disk image of it) to the new PC AFTER I have reinstalled and activated both VA and V PRO, I have got the profiles transferred over but for some reason I cannot get the new PC to import the f10 menu and therefore I cannot use voice commands for the f10 menu.

I have copied over the vap profiles and the vaicom pro folder in the apps folder. I still have the working copy on the old machine image which I have fired up in an old machine.

Any help with this is much appreciated DCS isn't the same without Vaicom Pro.

Essentially what I'm attempting to do is make the Vaicom Pro and the Voice attack installs on the new PC function EXACTLY the way they do on the old PC. Wish there was an easy backup and restore method for all settings/profiles.

Thought I'd include some screenshots , these are the results when i say they command "request rearming" respectively.

DCS was not running at the time i just wanted to see if the application was behaving the same,

Capture 1 is the "good install" Capture is the one that isnt working, fwiw on both machines once in game Vaicom does detect the unit I'm in!

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Badass1982

I'm doing the exact same thing. I'll come back if I have info.
If you mind repeating the Microsoft Speech Recognition training again, you need to copy those files over as well. They are in Appdata.
Cheers!

Yeah I copied my entire AppData + Documents folders over so was hoping the settings would carry over but clearly not. Also I copied the Vaicom pro folder in the prog files x86/voice attack/apps vaicom pro over too, im at a loss with this now, please let me know if you figure it out!

• Like 1

Yeah I copied my entire AppData + Documents folders over so was hoping the settings would carry over but clearly not. Also I copied the Vaicom pro folder in the prog files x86/voice attack/apps vaicom pro over too, im at a loss with this now, please let me know if you figure it out!
I will!

Yeah I'm at a complete loss I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work on my new install but no joy, commands get recognized by the application but then straight afterwards i get the error .... awaiting additional input, I hope someone finds a solution soon. I also just realized that both VA and VPRO have methods built in for backing up both the profiles from VA and the settings from VA along with being able to export settings from the VA one too.

Well I solved the issue, it was a combo of me running the beta version of VA (unsupported by VPRO), and somehow my keyword list had gotten messed up and there was only a few keywords in the list , despite them all being in the profile.

Then I removed and reinstalled both VA and VPRO and used the default VA profile that is created by VPRO upon install.

All I have to do now is point my custom additions profile to the VAICOM profile and I should be good to go, a special thanks to MAXsenna who helped via his comments on the discord!

• Like 1