VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 256 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #2551
overalien

[QUOTE=Czech6;3761226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
Command Delay:
So, I finally have VAICOM working most of the time. But I sometimes, it has a long delay(45 seconds) before it issues my spoken command. The Log window recognized the command and beeps, so I assume it is telling DCS the Radio command. But I have to wait 45+ seconds before DCS says and displays my command on the screen.

Is this something I can fix? It's pretty annoying.

I have the same problem intermittently. did you manage to solve your issue?

System specs:
Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz
| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:
7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs
| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | Jetseat + Simshaker for Aviators | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5
overalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #2552
Snacko

It's been a while, so I don't remember how that got fixed. Sorry.

I might have reinstalled VAICOM.

At one point I noticed that the export script was corrupted. It had all the code in it twice. But I'm not sure what fixed it..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #2553
Hollywood_315

@rocketeer When using your own commands you need to use a TX for PTT. Can be any TX but when you want a dedicated key for your own commands use TX6 making sure press/release are properly configured.
@biselvon Make sure your VA version is current i.e. 1.7.5
@Maddog Translation support for the new AIRIO manual tune commands will be in next update
@onslawt Ok good you got it to work
@Requiem The simple way is using the SRS radio slot mapping for the F-14
@overalien The delay hasn't been reproducible, perhaps check if the log gives any clues. For the F14 confirm your menu setting in DCS/Special is set to default. By @snacks' suggestion also inspect your export.lua in Saved Games.
Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #2554
12F Maddog

thank you Hollywood
12F Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #2555
overalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@overalien The delay hasn't been reproducible, perhaps check if the log gives any clues. For the F14 confirm your menu setting in DCS/Special is set to default. By @snacks' suggestion also inspect your export.lua in Saved Games.
Grtz

I checked all but got no clues. Tried changing the order of the entries in the export.lua by moving the VAICOM entries to the last line. This might have helped since I experienced no delays since then, but in one mission the 'Radar is in Lock State' issue reappeared and remained stubbornly in the same mission despite restarts. Did you ever find out the cause of that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs:
| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:
| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | Jetseat + Simshaker for Aviators | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5
Old 06-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #2556
Hollywood_315

By itself Radar lock state behavior is normal, you will have the same when using the traditional menu wheel instead of AIRIO.
When locked to a contact (STT) you cannot change certain radar scan parameters such as range. The 'break lock' voice command is used to have Jester release the STT state and then these parameters can be changed again.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

www.vaicompro.com
Old 06-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #2557
overalien

Default VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Quote:
By itself Radar lock state behavior is normal, you will have the same when using the traditional menu wheel instead of AIRIO.
When locked to a contact (STT) you cannot change certain radar scan parameters such as range. The 'break lock' voice command is used to have Jester release the STT state and then these parameters can be changed again.

Thanks Hollywood. That's clear. This problem is a different one: although the radar is in fact not locked at all, AIRIO seems to think that it is. Repeatedly asking Jester to break lock does not help - he responds with "OK" but the radar still shows as TWS (no change, since there was no lock state to begin with). However, AIRIO thinks that it is still locked and lets no commands through. It seems there is a conflict between the actual radar state in DCS and what AIRIO thinks it is. I am not alone in having experienced this behaviour occasionally. A workaround in the past was just to restart the mission. Now it seems that this does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs:

Flightgear:

Last edited by overalien; 06-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #2558
Hollywood_315

Ok the plugin reads the radar lock state directly from the sim. There could be a snag in some particular missions perhaps. It hasn't been observed at any time during testing.
A link to a miz file where this is consistently reproducible would be good to have thanks

www.vaicompro.com
Old 06-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #2559
Stretch

The latest OB crashes for me with VAICOM enabled. It happens after I issue a command using VAICOM. Not after every spoken command, but always after a spoken command. Disabling VAICOM entirely fixes the issue.

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfu...d/#view=DMp6XL
Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #2560
overalien

Quote:
Ok the plugin reads the radar lock state directly from the sim. There could be a snag in some particular missions perhaps. It hasn't been observed at any time during testing.
A link to a miz file where this is consistently reproducible would be good to have thanks

sent you a PM.

System specs:

Flightgear:

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack