VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I look up the airfield on the kneepad or F10 map, get the frequency, and tune the com appropriately.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

There's been no change in this area.

You can just call inbound and if your radio is tuned correctly, in range etc. you'll get an ATC response.

For Easy Comms On you can enable Instant Select in Preferences.

@Hollywood_315 you may have not changed it on your end, but it's definitely not working as before. The issue now is that if you don't say the ATC recipient your message gets sent to apparently a random one. But you will get no response because you wont be on that ATC's frequency. Hope I explained that clear enough. You can usually check this easily with Stennis. If you don't actually say: "Stennis, Inbound" You can read or hear depending on Vaicom's options, your Pilot calling some other random ATC, and getting no response.

OK mate - well I haven't been able to reproduce.

I reckon you are using easy comms on then.

Nearest airfield is auto-selected as default at start of mission.

So described behavior would be normal when Batumi is nearest.

Not reproducible for easy comms off.

e.g. Hornet Caucasus free flight

Punch in 140.000 for Vaziani.

Call inbound.

Vaziani responds.

etc.

So not much to go on atm but will keep an eye out.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315

I was going to make a video showing it, but your post got me thinking, I tested and found the cause. I am not using easycomms, the behavior for me is caused because I'm using Single TX mode (Using TX6). I tested it, switched it back and forth and it's definitely it. This is not a problem for me, I can work with it fine as it is. I use this mode because integration is unable to solve the requirements I need for the way my online squadron communicates. This is on no way on you, I cannot even think of what I would need to make it work, other than what I opted for, which is to have direct control of who I am transmitting to and when.

I have no problem in having to call the name of the ATC I want to call.

@Birdman81 can you confirm if this is the cause of the issue for you?

@Hollywood_315 you may have not changed it on your end, but it's definitely not working as before. The issue now is that if you don't say the ATC recipient your message gets sent to apparently a random one. But you will get no response because you wont be on that ATC's frequency. Hope I explained that clear enough. You can usually check this easily with Stennis. If you don't actually say: "Stennis, Inbound" You can read or hear depending on Vaicom's options, your Pilot calling some other random ATC, and getting no response.

I have not seen that so far, been flying a lot of the Hornet off the Stennis in the Persian Gulf.

After I initially select Stennis it remains tuned to it. I just say inbound and it always works with the Stennis for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Rearm & Refuel

Can't seem to get this command to work with the ground crew. I have done the voice training and I'm getting 95% or better on recognition. I have tried "request rearm and refuel" " request refuel and rearm" and even just "rearm" and "refuel" independently and I get no response from the ground crew. In fact, the ONLY command I can seem to get them to respond to is for the wheel chocks.

Am I saying the wrong phrase or is it just broken?

Can't seem to get this command to work with the ground crew. I have done the voice training and I'm getting 95% or better on recognition. I have tried "request rearm and refuel" " request refuel and rearm" and even just "rearm" and "refuel" independently and I get no response from the ground crew. In fact, the ONLY command I can seem to get them to respond to is for the wheel chocks.

Am I saying the wrong phrase or is it just broken?

Say eighter: "Request Rearming" or "Request Refuel" or "Request Repair"

The commands are referenced in the manual...

Combining them wont work. Neighter will Just Saying Rearm or Refuel or Repair.

Hopefully this has not been asked before too recently, but 429 pages of messages to go through is a lot, so apologies if it has.

Havinig a minor issue in the Huey while using SRS, if I set the SRS setting "Use DCS Cockpit PTT" to On everytime I press any of my Viacom keybinds my SRS Radio latches on, I have tried a few things but the only thing that seems to resolve it is turning that setting off, it only seems to affect the Huey Module, but I would like to be able to keep that on, as Intercom has just been implemented and I would like to use the two seperate PTT buttons (RADIO and ICS) for their dedicated purpose and use Vaicom without broadcasting everything on SRS.

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

@all

To repeat for clarity, perhaps superfluously

Plugin 2.5.16 is confirmed to work 100% OK with both DCS versions.

-2.5.5 Release.

-2.5.6 Open Beta.

No additional plugin patches or updates will be issued atm.

After an update, for a normal automated install no action is required other than restart of VA and DCS.

If you need to reset your lua :refer to post #1/#2 and/or FAQ page.

After DCS Repair confirm VA runs as admin, disable mods, and delete export.lua from Saved Games.

For STEAM use Custom Path and check OB for Open Beta, don't check for Release.

Restart VA before starting DCS.

Grtz

Hello,

DCS is stuck loading @ 10% after following all the procedures listed. Before I updated to the current open beta, I opened voiceattack and vaicom automatically updated. Once DCS was updated to 2.5.6.43931, I loaded the game and everything was working, but found really bad performance on the PG map. I read on the forum that doing a DCS repair removing any mods might help performance. I don't have any mods except vaicom. I'm not sure if my mistake was to delete the files listed as mods or not, but it won't load past 10% now. I reverted back to 2.5.5.41962 and the game will load past 10%, and obviously I can use vaicom. I then downloaded and updated to the current open beta to see if it worked again, but no luck. I uninstalled voiceattack and master zeroed vaicom, still no go. DCS won't go past 10%, unless I delete the export lua, run repair DCS, delete the two mods that pop up (sounds/speech/common.lua and sounds/speech/speech.lua) and not start voiceattack. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm kinda of a noob when it comes to this stuff. The forums have been super helpful when I have come across issues regarding other things, but I can't figure this one out.

Thanks.

17/02 Some significant changes in DCS 2.5.6 OB: plugin version 2.5.17 is updated for compatibility.

- STEAM users use Custom path and select the OB checkbox.

- Delete export.lua from Saved Games and run a DCS Repair

- Start VA then DCS. Confirm VA runs as admin.

- Switch off audio redirect on the plugin Audio tab (use Audio tab in DCS for audio redirecting).

I'm on standalone running DCS on separate SSD with 10% bug. I had to follow all steps above to get it to work including select path/OB

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Is it possible to setup VAICOM for multiple DCS installs?

I have both the Open Beta and Release installs on my computer and am currently only running VAICOM on the Open Beta.

I was wondering if you set it up on each to download the luas and scripts to each would it work in both?

Hey Weegie, did you ever figure out if this works / what you need to do? I have the same question and could not find if your question was ever answered.

Version 2.5.6 has broken too many things at the moment so I want to keep a pre-256 install so I can finish up some of the campaigns (Piercing Fury, EW3) at my leisure without fear of permanent breakage.

cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

@Birdman81 can you confirm if this is the cause of the issue for you?

Not my case, it happens to me using TX1 and TX2

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hello,

DCS is stuck loading @ 10% after following all the procedures listed. Before I updated to the current open beta, I opened voiceattack and vaicom automatically updated. Once DCS was updated to 2.5.6.43931, I loaded the game and everything was working, but found really bad performance on the PG map. I read on the forum that doing a DCS repair removing any mods might help performance. I don't have any mods except vaicom. I'm not sure if my mistake was to delete the files listed as mods or not, but it won't load past 10% now. I reverted back to 2.5.5.41962 and the game will load past 10%, and obviously I can use vaicom. I then downloaded and updated to the current open beta to see if it worked again, but no luck. I uninstalled voiceattack and master zeroed vaicom, still no go. DCS won't go past 10%, unless I delete the export lua, run repair DCS, delete the two mods that pop up (sounds/speech/common.lua and sounds/speech/speech.lua) and not start voiceattack. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm kinda of a noob when it comes to this stuff. The forums have been super helpful when I have come across issues regarding other things, but I can't figure this one out.

Thanks.

Do you have OB checked in Vaicom Pro config? It's at the end of the custom dcs location line/box.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

What error messages are there in the DCS log?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes, I have checked and unchecked that box and it made no difference, still stuck @ 10%.

Hi all,

I'n new here but have the same problem which occurs since the last Open Beta Hotfix.

I'm using the VoiceAttack and DCS Open Beta Steam versions. It seems that this can make a difference compared to the non-Steam version.

Is there anyone here who has the same Steam versions but has no issues with the Vaicom Pro?

The Vaicom Pro advanced menu states that with Steam you should NOT select the OB box (but I have tried it).

Further I have tried all described suggestions except a complete reïnstallation and unsubscribing from the Public Beta version (due to custom .lua files and the feeling that Vaicom Pro should adapt their program)

However, suggestions are more than welcome!

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

Problem with long descriptions in mission files ...

Hi folks,

I got strange behavior during creating a Persian Gulf mission.

If I insert a number of more than 2568 characters into the fields "SITATION" and "BLUE TASK", the "VIACOM PRO for DCS World" plugin doesn't recognize the BLUE aircraft I am flying, no matter which aircraft I use (tried F-5, F-16, F-14, and some others).

The green/cyan field in the plugin (where the aicraft type normally can be read, e.g. "F-5E Tiger II") stays empty.

If I remove some characters in my mission (no extra symbols or ASCII bullshit characters are there!), it then the plugin recognizes the aircraft type.

Sounds strange, but is it possible that when the plugin is initially scanning the mission file for creating the information "nearest airport" and some other info, it cannot handle longer text?

Also, if that happens, no log file is created then, so I assume the plugin internally "crashes" somehow.

The video shows what is happening here:

https://youtu.be/P3DQPXx76wo

Took me 2 hours now to find out why the plugin doesn't recognize my aircraft in my mission.

Kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Still Troubleshooting

Hello all,

Quick question hopefully. I am still BRAND New to VA VAICOM and VP but right now, when I make a request I only get a response via onscreen text. There are no voices. There are voices for other things but for example in the mission both the Crew chief and Nellis tower have no voices.

Help?