[NO BUG] Mk-108 30mm cannon not working in multiplayer

DarkRaiderss

Since the last update the mk-108 30mm cannon on the 109 is not working in multiplayer. I have tried it in different servers with the same result. I have checked my bindings and they were correct and my flight stick is functioning properly. The cannon works properly in single player missions. I asked other 109 pilots in chat and they had the same problem.

Confirmed, Master Arm on, safety off, Mk-108 switch set (in both positions in case something changed) and the weapon does not fire. You can see the cannon button on the stick in cockpit depress so it is activating, just that the gun does not fire.

No tracers, no sound, no signs of impact.

No problem here.

They changed the procedure of how to operate the MK108 to a more realistic behavior, finally.

After you armed the guns, you have to press the MK108 safety button on the stick, you will hear a "whoosh" sound until it's "loaded".

The MK108 is pneumatic, so the airpressure must be "charged".

I hope it helps.

Sorry for bad explanation... :lol:

Edited by Flying-Kane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Thanks for that Flying-Kane.

Yep, new procedure without any notice in the Update Notes.

Button on the stick is not clickable with the mouse either (at least I could not find the spot for it)

Default key assignment is LAlt + SPACE for the Control option: CHARGE MK 108 (D)

Can even fire it while on the ground to test now.

• Like 1

Where's the button located on the stick exactly?

On the lower left side.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Tried it out and it works. Thanks for the info Flying-Kane. Would have been nice if we got a heads up on that one from ED.

You are welcome.

Yeah sometimes the patchnotes miss something...

On the bright side it caused me to get better at using the MG 131s :)

:thumbup:

ED Dev are pure genuis to add this without notified any one !

I'll try this this evening. Thanks for the info !

similar situation when small FM adjustmens are made, you jump in plane it feels quite difrent, so you asking on the forum, ED answer no no it alwayes be like that :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...

I cannot fire the MK108 in MP

I have read this thread with interest. Actually I have always used the command "Charge MK 108" and I'm surprised that it was not really required.

Since a few days however I cannot fire the MK-108 in MP although I do use the procedure with "Charge MK 108". I do hear the whooshing sound if I do it on the ground before engine start. But the MK-108 does not fire in MP. In SP it does. Am I the only one with that strange situation?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have read this thread with interest. Actually I have always used the command "Charge MK 108" and I'm surprised that it was not really required.

Since a few days however I cannot fire the MK-108 in MP although I do use the procedure with "Charge MK 108". I do hear the whooshing sound if I do it on the ground before engine start. But the MK-108 does not fire in MP. In SP it does. Am I the only one with that strange situation?

No probs on Burning Skies yesterday.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Do you hold it long enough ?

Should hear the "woosh" and then the load of a round.

Thanks Wulf! I did not hold it long enough to hear the "clunk" of the actual loading.

PS: It's disappointing that there is nothing about this in the flight manual.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

As this is a new feature of the module, it was not in the "old" manual of the module (which is not the plane manual). So in a next release maybe.

What is disapointing is that we had to try by ourself to understand what happened because there was no com about that ... I hope to see one day some little short video to describe warbirds dev like there are on F18. :p

As this is a new feature of the module, it was not in the "old" manual of the module (which is not the plane manual). So in a next release maybe.

What is disapointing is that we had to try by ourself to understand what happened because there was no com about that ... I hope to see one day some little short video to describe warbirds dev like there are on F18. :p

For me, some info in patch notes would be sufficient.

-Added arming funcionality for MK108.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 4 months later...
No problem here.

They changed the procedure of how to operate the MK108 to a more realistic behavior, finally.

After you armed the guns, you have to press the MK108 safety button on the stick, you will hear a "whoosh" sound until it's "loaded".

The MK108 is pneumatic, so the airpressure must be "charged".

I hope it helps.

Sorry for bad explanation... :lol:

After months of tears now it works...

Thank you!:lol:

• 1 year later...

Omg... I didnt touch 109 since early access in 2015 and now trying to catch up... in multiplayer server was asking why 30mm not firing... was even thinking is it OP or wth. No one responded. Thanks for this topic, was completely not aware of this dedicated arming functionality for mk 108

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|