Question about spotting/visibility

Hi, i have a question about the visibility in DCS. When i see for example a tutorial video on youtube I notice that the 'youtuber' never zooms in on the DDI's or HUD ( F18 ). I have a 24'' 1080P gaming monitor but i really have to zoom in on the DDI's and the HUD to see everything. Not to mention in spotting an enemy fighter in the merge.

I don't like this so i would like to know how to improve the visibility.

Can I solve this problem with a bigger monitor (27 inch or bigger 1080P) or a different monitor with 1440P?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Nickkerkwijk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe you could go for a 28" 4k. They are bit more expensive (200+) but it makes a difference, if your GPU can handle DCS in 4k. Imo 28" is still ok for regular office stuff, size wise.

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

It depends on what the issue is. Is it not sharp enough? Higher resolution. Is it too small? Bigger monitor (while holding resolution constant of course...if you move up to 27" 1440p, you'll gain no improvement in the too small department, maybe even worse).

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

In 4K you can read even the tiny letters on instruments with no trouble.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

If you're having problems with reading text on displays or around the cockpit, increasing your resolution will make those much easier to read. I can definitely recommend playing at 1440p as it makes a big difference, and at 4k displays are crystal clear even when not zoomed in at all, although it's probably not worth the performance loss to run it at such a resolution. For spotting planes at longer distances this will actually make it more difficult as I understand it. If I recall correctly, in DCS at the farthest distance you can see an aircraft, it will take up one pixel, meaning that increasing screen resolution without increasing the size of the display will actually make it more difficult to spot it at a distance.