[REPORTED] Refueling probe only retracts after fully extended

fael097

I"m assuming this is a bug because once the probe extends fully then it will retract properly, but if you are extending the probe and try flipping the switch back to retract before it's fully extended, it won't retract, it will just stop. once you flip it to extend again it will continue extending, and once it's done, then you can flip the switch to retract and it will work properly, and now you can flip back and forth and it will change direction instantly as I think it's supposed to.

once you retract it completely, this behavior resets and you have to complete extending once so you can retract.

it's not a controller config issue because I just configured this properly, and even flipping the virtual switch in the cockpit with the mouse, it will act the same.

Edited by fael097

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

I'll post a track file later, I'm on single player, instant action, caucasus map, the ready on the ramp mission, but really this isn't hard to reproduce, any map, any mission will do. specs on my sig

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Not that it should be needed given as mentioned by fael it's easy to reproduce, this is from the ready at ramp clearly shows both with key binding and with switch that the retract isn't working unless the probe is fully extended first.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the aircraft

2. move the probe switch out then before probe fully extended back to retract.

3. observe that the probe is not retracting as it should as the switch is in the retract position.

bug has been in since EA Release.

probeissue.trk

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

thanks for the track file rob

Rafael

• 8 months later...

so this was never really addressed and the issue persists. I suppose adding a tag saying that the track file is missing really doesn't help, since a track file was added later but that tag can't be removed, so devs will always overlook this thread. should another thread be made for the same issue then?

Rafael