PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

I am number 34 where do I send the money?xD

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Congrats. Go to the first post and MilesD explains the process there. You will need to send Miles a PM and an email as well.

S!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Hey Miles! Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, I'm back!!!biggrin.gif

After what seems an eternity our house move is complete and everything is back to normal...ish!

Thanks for your patience, hopefully, my PCtrl. is quietly prepping itself for a swift hop across the pond so I can shortly free up a little more space at your place! thumbup.gif

Hope all is well with you and your family and things are going well with your little endeavour! Have I missed anything???

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Miles,

I have been away for a while and I am trying to get my PointCTRL going. I was order #9 and I received an email stating you were going to send me some (special) firmware for my early order. I have not received that (special)firmware. So I still need it? if so can you please email it to me? thanks

Afaik firmware is available from the website.

Miles’s last post mentions it.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Mike mentioned in his email that I needed to load this (special) software, but after that I could download and install from his website.

Hey FarmerTom,

You can download the latest firmware and instructions from the website, pointctrl.com. I will send you another password for the download just in case I didn't send one to you.

I would recommend becoming familiar with the new instructions and procedures before setting up PointCTRL. The manual is up to date, but not the videos.

PM with any questions,

Good Luck,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey FarmerTom,

You can download the latest firmware and instructions from the website, pointctrl.com. I will send you another password for the download just in case I didn't send one to you.

I would recommend becoming familiar with the new instructions and procedures before setting up PointCTRL. The manual is up to date, but not the videos.

PM with any questions,

Good Luck,

Miles

Miles I am on an IPad and went to pointctrl.com but could not access anything beyond the opening picture? No menu or other clickable spots?

Thanks

Terry

Have to say that I’m still loving PointCTRL, I just don’t fly VR without and have even noticed I’ve stopped using some of my other input devices (saitek panels) as it’s just so much easier to use my hands in VR.

after a full week of using pointctrl i have to say:

its a complete game changer for me, never touching my mouse or cougar mfds again while in VR, ED should really have a look at MilesD s fantastic invention. Its the first time i get a fully immersive VR experience in DCS. when calibrated accordingly its mindblowing.

all my friends are blown away how well pointctrl works.

Thank you for this absolutely stunning product u are giving the DCS community Miles!!!!

Thanks Guys,

Hearing that you are enjoying using PointCTRL makes it all worth it. It really does feel like it was a community effort.

We still have a long way to go with firmware updates to add features and precision, but right now I am just focusing on critical updates, documentation, and production.

Thanks again,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS!!

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS!!

YEP ME TOO! ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

They are coming, folks! They AARRRRREEEEE coming!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Hi Miles. PM sent.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Part of my waiting for shipment of bach #80, and equal part of me eagerly scans for user reviews and youtube clips :-D

The hype is real

A part of NOSIG

I know right! I'm doing the same thing.

Hi Miles,

This is a long shot, and I believe it is not possible as of yet (please correct me if I’m wrong): Would it be possible in the future to add two pointers so as to use both hands simultaneously on two buttons/knobs in cockpit? I.e. let go of the HOTAS and quickly tune two things at once in the cockpit?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Hi Miles,

This is a long shot, and I believe it is not possible as of yet (please correct me if I’m wrong): Would it be possible in the future to add two pointers so as to use both hands simultaneously on two buttons/knobs in cockpit? I.e. let go of the HOTAS and quickly tune two things at once in the cockpit?

Miles can correct me if I’m wrong but PointCTRL is just a mouse as far as the computer is concerned. The DCS UI for clickable cockpit is just a single mouse cursor, so that’s the current limit. If PointCTRL ends up getting its own discrete support as a interface and not just as a mouse then it might be possible, although I’d argue what the advantage would be as I can’t really see a need for interfacing with two things at the same time.

Proud owner of:

There’s only one instance I can think of... the FCS bit on the Hornet. I have a HOTAS switch set for that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Yep, FCS in the Hornet is the first instance I can think of, but it would be nice to be able to use two hands on the UFC to type quicker, or one on the UFC and the other cycling through OSBs, say for example when setting up profiles in the A-10C. Or configure gears, lights, flaps etc whilst at the same time configuring the radio and TACAN on the approach. Yeah you guessed it, I'm good at using both hands for multitasking.

That said, I was expecting this not to be possible due to the regular mouse interface in DCS, but one can only hope of this changing in the future! Thanks anyway Dino, much appreciated that you share your inputs.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D