TOP GUN R3 - 2016

Dutch Baron

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to look for a Russian Factbook on the Mirage 2000, IIRC that one has performance charts in it, (which IIRC are estimations)

I know about this book, it contains very little information. In addition, you are very lucky, if it would be correct :) . This manuals 80-ies about the plane of the 80-ies, all information generated from magazine articles and intelligence that could be misinformation, and perhaps from a series of wind tunnel models, which can be not very accurate.

Very sad that the Mirage has been ruled out. Which means I am out.

On the issue of "realistic" performance. This is a topic as old as flightsims themselves. Performance charts for any military aircraft vary wildly depending on the source. As do test enviroments and conditions. Fanbois from one or the other side will always be able to produce contradicting evidence. Thinking we will ever get truely realistic aircraft performance envelope and behaviour is an illusion. So I think we should be pramatic about it. Go with what we get. I am sure any of the 3rd party devs are doing their best to give us the best representation of the plane in question.

If there is something really wrong we have to point that out of course. Interestingly enough the Mirage flight performance was not that big of an issue before the anouncement of tournament. And there is an other issue. War is never fair. There is no "balance". Every side tries to get whatever advantage they can get. This would have been a perfect opportunity for all the Flanker Boys and Eagler Drivers to show that it is the man what counts and not the machine. Oh well, maybe next time!

Have fun pilots - this is what is all about!

For all the weepers if you want we can arrange special set up for you with non reacting ennemy pilot so you are sure to feel confortable.

Just my two cents

People saying wichever plane is irrealistic are making me laugh...but well...they must be right because i guess they all have/are IRL

-PHD in aerodynamic

-Flight test fighter pilot

-space shuttle door gunnery diploma / millenium falcon 1000+hrs+++

Some people should stop crying and just deal the **** with what they have.

Im honnestly disapointed to not fight vs mirage... it was a new challenger and you can only learn from it, invent new tactics etc etc.

Bon Courage Flankerator ça ne doit pas être facile ^^

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by plaiskool

For all the weepers if you want we can arrange special set up for you with non reacting ennemy pilot so you are sure to feel confortable.

Just my two cents

People saying wichever plane is irrealistic are making me laugh...but well...they must be right because i guess they all have/are IRL

-PHD in aerodynamic

-Flight test fighter pilot

-space shuttle door gunnery diploma / millenium falcon 1000+hrs+++

Some people should stop crying and just deal the **** with what they have.

Im honnestly disapointed to not fight vs mirage... it was a new challenger and you can only learn from it, invent new tactics etc etc.

Bon Courage Flankerator ça ne doit pas être facile ^^

Tu as bien raison, le 2000 est taillé pour le gunzo, la truelle est ce qui se fait de mieux, et moi je dis que la mouture actuelle se rapproche très fort de la réalité, mais je pense que s'il rentre il n'y aura plus que lui sur l'echelle gunzo ....ç'est de ça qu'ils ont peur, s'il est dans la compet ç'est sur que c'est lui que je prendrai

In :)

Rusty in stick but not in mind :pilotfly:

Un revenant! Welcome back Thrust :)

-----------------------------------

Guys, regarding the M2000, nobody is expecting its flight model to be perfect but in its current state it does seem to be out of the ballpark so as much as we like this aircraft we have decided to let it mature a bit more before including it in a competition like Top Gun.

A heads up about the mission will be posted soon.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Un revenant! Welcome back Thrust :)

-----------------------------------

Guys, regarding the M2000, nobody is expecting its flight model to be perfect but in its current state it does seem to be out of the ballpark so as much as we like this aircraft we have decided to let it mature a bit more before including it in a competition like Top Gun.

A heads up about the mission will be posted soon.

Thank You Flanky (Hard worker) , nice to meet u again :thumbup:

Looking forward to see 2000C "La Truelle" around there ....

PS , i'm in server waiting training against who want ........ tacatacatactac .............

Edited by =THRUST=

gday guys

just submitted for 1v1 in the SU-27 (i feel so dirty but i need those R-73's) and i am super keen for top gun 3 (even if i have to get up at 2:00am :( ). Could you guys give me a list to see if i am on the main set up or reserves. Also chuck me a link to the F-86 v Mig-15bis comp forum thanks lads.

fly fast , navigate precisely , communicate effectively and you might just drop some explosive banter on some terrorists - Saber

Thanks Stuge :)

Rule Book for Top Gun 3 (Must read for all participants)

http://www.sa-sim.com/wp-content/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2832

Reminder: We have received 34 applications so far and we can guarantee 36 players at most a slot in the brackets, the rest will have to cross fingers for someone to not turn up.

That means that there are 2 more seats still up for grabs before we publish the official brackets of the tournament!

Edited by FLANKERATOR

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Just one dollar question.

Its whrited down " head to head" same speed and same altitude

Before the merge do we stay at same altitude with diferent speeds allowed until the merge or we can go down to the floor ?? i know some pilots do that, i really dont care but could you clarify me ?

If yes ..... then one pilot cant go up , right or left or down and the other , the opposit, then maybe they will never merge !!!! :lol:

Lol. After the fight is started (mission unpause) you can do what you like. The only thing I read is not allowed is to deliberately run from your opponent taking him for a tour around the caucusus hoping he runs out of fuel before you do (favourite F15 tactic:) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

:smartass:I read also the same thing but not precise, exemple, you go up and i go down , the rules said "also" not fighting ntil the merge, are you sure when the merge start ??

Merge = moment of shortest distance between the two fighters.

If one wants to be a real smartass, one could argue the merge can occur earlier if one fighter turns away unexpectedly and manages to increase separation momentarily, thus justifying a head-on shot after that.

But then again, who likes smartasses? :) I don't think this will be a problem.. gentleman behavior is encouraged and hopefully everybody understands the reason why this rule is used, and not abuse it.

The merge is mandatory and that's where one must go once the mission is unpaused. Stalling will be heavily penalized and may cost you the round if your opponent complains about it.

You can run away to build separation before recommiting if things go south, that's a valid tactic, you can spiral up and play full energy tactics that's also valid. The boundaries of the bubble are there anyway to force one to turn back.

Stalling means extending away repeatedly and just avoiding the fight. The referee will review the track if needed and may overrule the result in case of stalling.

Let's just not mix up stalling with defensive BFM.

The merge is mandatory and that's where one must go once the mission is unpaused. Stalling will be heavily penalized and may cost you the round if your opponent complains about it.

You can run away to build separation before recommiting if things go south, that's a valid tactic, you can spiral up and play full energy tactics that's also valid. The boundaries of the bubble are there anyway to force one to turn back.

Stalling means extending away repeatedly and just avoiding the fight. The referee will review the track if needed and may overrule the result in case of stalling.

Let's just not mix up stalling with defensive BFM.

ça valait la peine d'être clarifié non ?? je suis tatillon hein Flanky, mais je suis sur que tu me comprends

Trad = You understand me Flanky :thumbup:

It is pretty much impossible to avoid a 2nd head-on merge due to the decreasing radius nature of fighter turns. You can try to collapse separation by taking some big risks pre-merge and by trying to force some spiralling flow, but these are quite defensive actions and only apply if you both turn at the merge. If they blow through in an extension then turn back, a second head-on merge is guaranteed; this latter case only applies to guns though.

So if you really want to shoot head-on, you can just do so at this next pass, and if your shots fail you can just uncage your human missile and go for a draw. :P

I know about this book, it contains very little information. In addition, you are very lucky, if it would be correct :) . This manuals 80-ies about the plane of the 80-ies, all information generated from magazine articles and intelligence that could be misinformation, and perhaps from a series of wind tunnel models, which can be not very accurate.

All this countries have (or had) Mirage 2000C, do you think that the online info is far from reality and the information was not leaked to FOE countries while ago? :lol:

Brazil (retired in December 2013)

Egypt

France

Greece

India

Peru

Qatar

Republic of China (Taiwan)

UAE

What would it take to push the 1V1 back oh say 3 hours? Maybe a plate of doughnuts? Maybe 2 plates of doughnuts :)

I have a gun class to attend on Saturday from 8am to 3pm est and I can't miss it. Sucks I really want to fly in this :(