Windows 7

Ill stay on Win 7 until I replace a huge chunk of the hardware, and that aint happening any time soon. Simply not getting enough oompf for the money.

I just cant be bothered to re-install otherwise.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I read that CHProducts has problems thats why I'm wondering

Yes, same with SAITEK products. I have tried converting to Win 10 two times but there were to much that did not work properly. And converting takes away a lot of time from flying as you have to set stuff up again. The setup I have now works flawlessly. :thumbup:

Yes, same with SAITEK products. I have tried converting to Win 10 two times but there were to much that did not work properly. And converting takes away a lot of time from flying as you have to set stuff up again. The setup I have now works flawlessly. :thumbup:

Since i play other games i wonder how long developers will support windows 7

Who here is staying windows 7 until support ends.

When will newer games abandon windows 7?

I wholeheartedly intend to beat Windows 7 x64 like the dead hoss it is :)

I've gotten used to it and by and large it works fine. I guess we're up to 10 now; it supports DX12, and I'll happily change to that when anyone can demonstrate that it actually makes anything run better :D

Until then, it takes a blinkin' dogs age to reinstall DCS and all the modules, so I'll just hobble along with Win7 until for whatever reason, something I like (DCS or any other sim/game etc.) just doesn't want to play ball anymore because everything needs DX12.

Peace

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Would I be stupid going with 7.. I mean support ends 2020.. New games should work for a while till they stop support in 2020

Works fine as long as DirectX 11 (or DirectX 9) is used by game developers. If they move to DX12 then you have to move to Win10.

Well, there are games that supports Dx11 and Dx12 at the same time, so you dont need to change the SO to play them.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I stayed with XP until support stopped in 2014, jumped straight to 7 then, so I'll most likely stay with it until that quoted 2020 as well. It will probably be a right time for my all-around PC upgrade tool - I can afford doing it only every 5-6 years anyway. New system will be a must I suppose, with all that DX12 and other gimmicks. Also, by that time, the 10 will have matured enough, I hope :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Been on 10 since release, no big issues. It's just a habbit.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have tried every version of windows since 3.11

I spent years supporting 100's of windows machines in companies

Sticking with windows 7 until the bitter end , windows 7 is Microsofts high water mark

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Just got onto Windows 10 x64 Pro a few days ago on my new SSD (was on Win 8.1 previously but AMD dropped driver support for it in latest drivers)

Yes that will force me to convert also I think. Some driver or application that stops support on Win7. Please post your experience with Win 10 Mustang. :thumbup:

Windows 7 was the only version I adopted early. My wife wanted to upgrade her PC, so I bought a 3-pack Win 7 license bundle and brought all of our xp machines up to spec. Unlike XP, all of my sim hardware was supported from day 1. Of course, that is because Vista had already been out for a while and Win 7 was really VistaSE (2nd edition). I had Vista on a good laptop at work and absolutely hated it, so we skipped Vista at home. Win 7 immediately proved to be better than XP ever had been. Win 7 also has served me very well at work, where we made the same jump from XP 32-bit to Win 7 64-bit.

I don't think I will mind going to Win 10, but as long as all of my games and hardware are supported by Win 7, I am in no hurry to upgrade. I probably won't go to Win 10 until I have to build a new PC. But for now my hardware and software are getting the job done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes that will force me to convert also I think. Some driver or application that stops support on Win7. Please post your experience with Win 10 Mustang. :thumbup:

Well so far so good, infact it has been the least painful OS change in a long time, still had to trim off some excess bloat that comes with Windows 10 but i was prepared for that and there are plenty of guides online that can advise you on what you can and cannot disable.

Overall i'm very satisfied and everything works here :)

Sad thing about 10 is that..... you trim the bloat and MS re-install it again quietly a few weeks later , its a vicious cycle

They will support it for a long time, they make a lot of money selling games

and to reduce the amount of people you can sell to would be stupid

Just to point out, Valve's Hardware Survey was recently done so the July figures are out:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

July 2017 Top 3:

Windows 10 64 bit = 51.59%

Windows 7 64 bit = 34.24%

Windows 8.1 64 bit = 6.93%

In short, no danger of Win7 going away for a while as it's the second most used but Win10 is by far the clear winner here.

One of the main reason 10 has such a high market share is that it was a forced upgrade on a a lot of people , click the x button on the windows and it took it as "yeah go ahead and upgrade"