Odd behaviour in Mustang AI wingman

louisv

In a generated mission, I dialed in a wingman.

As I was starting the engine (at night), I noticed my wingman far away from my plane, starting up at the other side of the airport...

I took off and it took 3 orbits on my part to let my wingman take off, but he just kept taking off and taking off...

An F2 view revealed it was going at high speed across the landscape never lifting an inch! Later in the mission (about 15 minutes), I checked on it again and this time the plane was angled as if on a steep climb, with the tail half underground, still going very fast.:pilotfly::huh:

He (or it, the AI), never behaved as a wingman. I tried twice to make it rejoin formation, but no response...just kept careening across the land in a straight line :pilotfly:

I thought I should report it, because there are several things wrong here.:huh:

Lou

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

The wingman seems to have a mind of it's own. But I never encountered such thing. I just took off, he followed soon and announced 'gear up'.

Some aerodromes have texture invisible bumps on the runway, maybe that is the cause?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Is there a way, presumably in the mission editor, to change certain characteristics of the AI aircraft, such as their lights. More to the point here, is there a way to specify where they spawn, or their route to the departure end? I have a flight of four that inexplicably has one aircraft in a revetment across the field. He takes the long way around, meanwhile Lead takes off and the other two just sit there. Lousy flight integrity that!

Blue Skies & Tailwinds

tailspinstales.blogspot.com

Is there a way, presumably in the mission editor, to change certain characteristics of the AI aircraft, such as their lights. More to the point here, is there a way to specify where they spawn, or their route to the departure end? I have a flight of four that inexplicably has one aircraft in a revetment across the field. He takes the long way around, meanwhile Lead takes off and the other two just sit there. Lousy flight integrity that!

On the takeoff from ramp option there's the parking spot number below it.

• Like 1

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

On the takeoff from ramp option there's the parking spot number below it.

Yes, but I was using a generated mission.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

• 3 weeks later...