Are all the lighting issues been worked on?

hazzer

Hi,

I understand a few months ago there was a lighting 'Update'. This Update brought more lighting issues than it seemed to improve. I am yet to see any fixes on all the oddities that have followed that update. Can someone confirm they are been track and acted on accordingly?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I'll also add that exterior lighting visibility is now inconsistently effective over long distance between aircraft. The f18s lights aren't as visible over distance like the P51s. As in, the 51 still uses the old exterior lighting method

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hi,

I understand a few months ago there was a lighting 'Update'. This Update brought more lighting issues than it seemed to improve. I am yet to see any fixes on all the oddities that have followed that update. Can someone confirm they are been track and acted on accordingly?

The MI 8 has also some issues.

- No formation lights

- No dimmable Nav lights

- Domelights do not reach down on the console

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

With the Hornet I find that formation and strobes are pretty ok but nav lights are extremly overpowered and turns the whole aircraft into a giant white sphere at distance. And the probelight dont work as it should.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

On the contrary I think that's an improvement, and the other aircraft's navlights should follow suit. The lights can actually be seen in the dark now, and in the distance like in reality

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

On the contrary I think that's an improvement, and the other aircraft's navlights should follow suit. The lights can actually be seen in the dark now, and in the distance like in reality

I can't agree with that... at least in terms of what I experience on my end. The nav lights don't scale properly to me. Up close they're ok and an improvement, but they suddenly become huge halos of light that eventually engulf the aircraft and are unrealistically visible at large distances. I also see an issue, at night, with aircraft in the distance being lit up despite having their lights off... at that point you may as well have labels on.

But my biggest issue with the lighting as it stands is in using NVGs. I recently did a Hornet mission where small boats on the water, which did not have lights on them at all, were lit up and flashing like a Christmas tree at a distance and blinded the NVGs until I closed enough - at which point the lights promptly disappeared and left me disoriented.

I think there's been a bit of an overcompensation... either that or it was a quickfix until a better solution was found. Either way, I think progress is being made and I'm sure ED will get there eventually.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR