Weird things

arturojgt

I made a SEAD over a Sam site in the 59th server 1, carried 4 sidearm, two initial fast lock and tow Sam destroyed, third sidearm intercepted by Sam missiles and the 4th never lock on any Sam, they had lock me, fired at me and nothing. With low fuel I fired the last missile at the Sam complex without locking tone and the reticule fixed, the missile hit an SA15 but the game didn’t count so at landing I only had two hits and two missed.

Is posible that the missile locked a Sam but without locking tone and no movement of the sidearm reticle?

Why they fired (SA8 and SA15) at me and I can’t lock on them?

Any thoughts?

927d2a7f8e1cd62a27d2897eb1bf16a8.jpg

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Edited by arturojgt

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Any thoughts?

Some of mine:

- The Harrier is not a SEAD platform

- If the Sidearm had a 50% Pk it would still be in service

- Russia is also able to build great Military hardware

- Sometimes things break

- Sometimes a plan does not work as we like it to

- How can a Fly land on the ceiling with her feet up

The remainder of my thoughts are unrelated ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Sidearm is not really for SEAD missions. It's an "Oh S**t" button for CAS aircraft where there is a risk of radar controlled AD. Good fun though in a simulator. :thumbup:

Although facetious, I believe one of the points VFA-81 Fix made might be somewhat accurate.

- If the Sidearm had a 50% Pk it would still be in service

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

On the one side, DCS is just a program. It's not reality, so any logical conclusions I might make, might just be delusion on my part.

The Sidewinder is made to function in a certain environment; ie encountering an envelope of "Russian" radar, that is, certain types and a certain number of them at a time.

So in one close area you might expect to find a long range SAM battery, maybe a couple of short range SAM's for defending the long-range SAM, and self-defense, and maybe some combination of Shilkas and Tunguskas.

What I see is a flood of SAMs, and with that flood, there will be a flood of radar sources. The Sidewinder is meant to seek out the strongest radar source with the signature of a SAM radar and attack that. Now, I'm just guessing at SAM strategy for defeating radar-targeting weapons, but switching frequencies I believe is one of the well-known strategies. So one radar might be locked on, when it switches at the same time another radar comes onto that frequency. The Sidewinder is going to jumpt to the new radar, but that one switches too, and a third comes onto the frequency, so the Sidewinder jumps to that too. Now you've got the Sidewinder playing Whack-a-Mole™ with radar, and it may not be able to lock onto a single transmitter.

A second parallel issue might be the noted AUX sound blocking, that if a second sound is played over the AUX audio module, to blocks other previous sounds, until you've adjusted the AUX volume level.

Anyway, the mission is using a ludicrous number of SAM's in one place.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

8<

- How can a Fly land on the ceiling with her feet up

8<

Bc if her feet were down, she'd bump her head :pilotfly:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have lobbed sidearms in the direction of sams without a lock and they did kill em before, notably an sa8 that killed me a second or two later. I just fired it at the SAM smoke trail without a lock. After I ejected I got the kill message. So thats possible in the sim at least, no idea if it would work like that IRL but I suppose lock after launch is possible with other missiles.

As for the sidearm not locking, well that's very common in my experience. And really its not anywhere the same thing as HARM or even the older SHRIKE.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well, I believe the Sidearm doesn't really have any 'memory' like a HARM does. It's a passive radar variation on how IR-guidance works, so, just like an old-fashioned Sidewinder that'll go for whatever it sees, I'd believe the Sidearm can acquire or switch targets after launch as it pleases.

More than 40 SAM fired at me, why I'm so good on this? because is a GAME.

IRL you would have bankrupted the country that shot all those SAMs at you ;)... Them things are expensive....

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

IRL you would have bankrupted the country that shot all those SAMs at you ;)... Them things are expensive....

Hahaha, thank you.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas