Curiously, when do you use Rudder Trim?

ravenzino

F/A-18C comes with Rudder Trim, on a fairly small nob... Seems not very practical to perform frequent and precise adjustment...

So in what exact scenario is it supposed to be used?

Googled it a bit, seems rudder trim is somehow useful on small and low speed aircrafts doing like long duration turn&climb... but modern fighter jets are less likely to do any of those I assume? Especially with F/A-18C and its FBW FCS, can't really think of any meaningful use case for Rudder Trim...... I seldom use rudder, let alone its trim... Maybe cross wind landing? That's short and not even worth the effort to reach out for the nob...

Someone enlighten me please......

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Single engine operation.

Lots of drag on one side of the aircraft due to weapon stores or battle damage.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Single engine operation.

Lots of drag on one side of the aircraft due to weapon stores or battle damage.

Thanks. That makes sense. And good to find out that I haven’t done anything wrong ignoring it...... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR