DCS 2.5 OB doesn't work with my Comp

CucoNegron6924

Hi:

Installed DCS 2.5 and had a little problem because it wouldn't recognize my password. changed it and it worked. Loaded 2.5 a couple of times, tried to create a mission with the Mission Editor, but I couldn't select anything with the mouse, so I gave up for the day. Today I tried one more time, it shows the initial screen with the blue bar below, it goes up to 57%, then nothing happens, I wait 15 to 20 mins and then I have to use the three finger salute to quit DCS.

At least I didn't remove 2.2 OA from my comp and I can still use it.

Anybody has any suggestions as to what this problem is about and a way to work around it? Please.

I can always wait 'till they release the final version in "two weeks", I guess.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

Hi:

Installed DCS 2.5 and had a little problem because it wouldn't recognize my password. changed it and it worked. Loaded 2.5 a couple of times, tried to create a mission with the Mission Editor, but I couldn't select anything with the mouse, so I gave up for the day. Today I tried one more time, it shows the initial screen with the blue bar below, it goes up to 57%, then nothing happens, I wait 15 to 20 mins and then I have to use the three finger salute to quit DCS.

At least I didn't remove 2.2 OA from my comp and I can still use it.

Anybody has any suggestions as to what this problem is about and a way to work around it? Please.

I can always wait 'till they release the final version in "two weeks", I guess.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

Did you try to repair exe.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Yes I did, Foxfire, but to no avail. I’m considering deleting the 2.5.0 OB and reinstalling it,

Don't do reload as yet, as probably will not fix it, so long as you leave your saved games folder intact.

The 57% loading isssue is related to the c:\USERS\Yourusername\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\ directory, back that directory up and then delete it, run a repair and then put back in the files such as logbook.lua from your backup and others as needed one at a time to see which one causes game not to run.

I can't find the previous posts about it, but it has fixed many users isssues.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The mission editor directory "fix" was used to avoid mission loading process getting stuck (I was one of the guys affected), but OP's problems start already at earlier stage.

Nevertheless, before reinstalling anything, if: 1) cleanup and 2) repair scripts didn't help, it's always good habit to 3) temporarily remove Saved Games / DCS folder, let the game rebuild a new one and check how it goes (keeping the backup with controls assignments, logbook and whatnot).

I've never reinstalled DCS in my 4 years of playing it, the above three points were always enough to troubleshoot any issue and fix it.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.