DCS Weapons wishlist

FoxHoundELite

DCS Weapons wishlist  

72 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Weapons wishlist

• Small arms(Ak series,Murrica guns,Barret 50 cal....)
    • Missile(AIM-120D,Javelin,Meteor,Brahmos...)
    • Big Boom(GBU-28,MOAB,FOAB,Mk-84,SBD,JSOW...)
    • Nuke?(Fat Man,Little Boy,Tsar Bomba..)
    • Miscellaneous(Torpedo,Laser..etc)

personally,i want to see more weapons in DCS World,for example:

-Kornet/Javelin missile for infantries

-GAU-13

-SBD series

-K-100s ultra long-range missile series

-AIM-120D

-AGM-176 Griffin

- JSOW/JASSM

-Storm Shadow

-BrahMos series

-RIM-174 Standard ERAM

-ASRAAM

-IRIS-T

-Brimstone missile

-Thermobaric weapons(such as MOAB,FOAB..etc)

-Laser weapon

-ECM equipments (both Eastern and Western variants)

-Sonobuoys,mines, depth charges

Also a different selection of ammunition type is a must(5.56,7.62,30mm,45mm,HE,AP,precision guided shell,laser guided warhead....)

and the list goes on,please post your opinions here :)

Edited by FoxHoundELite

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

You should make the poll based on logical categories such as air defenses, ships, aerial bombs and so on. None of your poll options reflect what I'd like to see added. I want some more variety in air defenses such as the SA-2, Nike and assorted AAA. A few older tank designs wouldn't go amiss either given all the WW2 and Korean stuff being released.

I would take a more realistic approach to be honest : get the current weapons to a better state rather than adding new ones (many of which can be on the newer / more classified side).

For example, BVR air to air combat community already have gripes with how current missiles perform on both sides of fence. Then there are some of the iron bombs which still have a SFM and apparently fall too slow. There is whole blast / frag modelling and armour piercing modeling thing too. Then there are some helicopter anti tank missiles which apparently pull off lead pursuit on air targets. These type of issues are important in my opinion before adding in more weapons models.

Overly detailed modeling of 5.56 / 5.45 / 7.62 and their perofrmances out of different guns are as far from a must as possible in a sim like DCS, in which infantry combat is almost non existant and certainly not the focus. Frankly, they would kind of be a bit superfluous. And if I am not mistaken, they currently do register as different types already, which I believe is enough until more important stuff are complete. Although I do agree on need for better modeling of HE / HEAT / kinetic energy types, this is important for both vehicular combat and aircraft ordnance, and it does sometimes feel less than convincing.

BrahMos, K-100, no fyable aircraft exists which utilize them, and to be honest we can argue not even AI aircraft, since K-100 probably did not even enter service, or even if did it is for Indian Su-30MKI which we don't have in sim. Ditto for Brahmos, I am not aware of Russian aircraft utilizing it.

In my opinion, rather adding nice looking zillion polygon models of such weaponry, it is more fruitful and important to improve the state of current weaponry's physics / damage models, and thankfully this seems to be direction ED is taking with inclusion of AFM s for most A-A and A-G missiles, as well as ongoing improvements of parameters for various bombs.

When new modules are released, relevant weapons are also released anyway.

ATGW toting infantry is indeed a good idea though.

I also could agree on Brimstone since we have AI Tornados which could utilize them. Also F-4E 2020 Terminator's of Turkish Air Force may be included with their additional weaponry like Popeye missile too, since Turkey is the only F-4 using country in current map, and pretty much the only active variant is this one. But these would all be fairly low priority stuff in my opinion.

What I would instead prefer to see, would be inclusion of more AI aircraft & vehicles. AI Mirage III, V and F-1, a few F-111 versions would all increase mission possibilities quite nicely.

Still, I can name two weapons I would like to see included at some point (well two and a half may be since one of them come in bomn and missile versions) :

- GBU-15 / AGM-130 : TV guided long range free fall bomb / guided missile, mostly for F-15E (though I guess GBU-15 was also utilized on some F-4 versions) This is / was one of the most important weapons of Strike Eagle.

- AGM-123 Skipjack : A rocket motor strapped on a LGB operated by F/A-18s, I really hope this will be available in Hornet modules.

We can however, also ask for additional weapons some of the existing modules did use but aren't available in sim like newer types of bombs (and perhaps nukes) for F-86F, or PK gunners on Mi-8. These would indeed be relevant. Although Belsimtek already has enough on their plate for a while.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script