How to undesignate a target

ebabil

After designating target with depress and then making it point or area track when I undesignate target, it goes to snowplow(?) mode and I lose my SA. Is it possible to undesignate the target but keep the FLIR looking the same point?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Let's say I found an armored column after searching, designated one of them with point track but then I understood some other threat is more important, or I locked wrong target etc. When I undesignate everything messes up, I need to search and find them again.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Why don't you press SCS right once or twice to get out of point/area track. Then you can move the TDC around the same area and redesignate a new target.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You don't need to undesignate then, just slew the pod and redesignate on the new threat

Pretty sure you can't slew in area/point mode.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

There's a couple things you can do. First, when in INR mode you can designate a point prior to going into area or point track, just slew the sensor where you want and hit designate. When you press the sensor select switch to cycle from point track back to INR the sensor will snap back to the initially designated point.

Second, if you are in area or point track and press TDC depress you go into offset mode and will see a small white cross in the center of the reticle. You can slew that cross to any point on the screen and once you cycle from point track to INR the sensor will snap to where the cross was.

In either case, do not press undesignate, cycle back to INR using sensor select switch.

Edited by KLaFaille

Why don't you press SCS right once or twice to get out of point/area track. Then you can move the TDC around the same area and redesignate a new target.

This is what I was doing as a work around last night. If I have it in a track mode and cant slew, rather than have to undesignate and find the same area again, just SCS right a couple of times and it seems to come out of the track mode and let you slew again.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

This is what I was doing as a work around last night. If I have it in a track mode and cant slew, rather than have to undesignate and find the same area again, just SCS right a couple of times and it seems to come out of the track mode and let you slew again.

it is not a workaround, it looks like that's how it works in the real life.

Second, if you are in area or point track and press TDC depress you go into offset mode and will see a small white cross in the center of the reticle. You can slew that cross to any point on the screen and once you cycle from point track to INR the sensor will snap to where the cross was.

Now, I didn't know that. Very interesting. Thanks for that.

thanks guys, really helpful answers

Youtube

it is not a workaround, it looks like that's how it works in the real life.

:thumbup:

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

That flow works for me (after yesterday update too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

I have the same problem,but after trying many times,i found that when you are in area or point track,press tdc again,and you will found a cross, and the problem will be solved

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC