Modify amount of chaffs and flares (only single player)

JRM

Hi

Wanting to change the amount of flares and chaffs I went to the lua scrpt and modify this lines:

-- Countermeasures,

passivCounterm = {

CMDS_Edit = true,

SingleChargeTotal = 120,

-- RR-170

chaff = {default = 60, increment = 10, chargeSz = 1},

-- MJU-7

flare = {default = 30, increment = 5, chargeSz = 2}

to this

-- Countermeasures,

passivCounterm = {

CMDS_Edit = true,

SingleChargeTotal = 950,

-- RR-170

chaff = {default = 500, increment = 10, chargeSz = 1},

-- MJU-7

flare = {default = 450, increment = 5, chargeSz = 2}

When i go to the loadout in the game shows than the change has been made but while in fly the amount of flares and chaffs is the default...Is there any integrity check that doesn't allow me to modify this? Its very frustrating to pay for something that you cannot configurate as you want dont you think guys?

Edited by JRM

Well, you paid for the product, as released by ED. At no point did they claim that you will be able to modify it to your liking. Most games wouldn't allow you to play at all if you modified something as crucial as to the game as the FA-18C.lua is to the F-18 and DCS. The fact that DCS uses the very user-friendly lua structure is a huge bonus for the modding community to begin with.

That being said, I've also tried that particular modification, trying to get 60c/60f, by reducing the flare size to 1, similar to how the F-16C has it and I had the same result as you. I think the actual quantity is tied to the EW page and the ALE-47 logic, although I have not figured out how.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

100/100 would be nice, 40/40 comes short all of the time

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

950 chaff and flares ??? Hopefully this WILL fail the integrity check for online play otherwise its just cheating!!

Can't believe i'm even reading will it pass the IC check....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hornet should 120 all together. 60 Chaff, 60 Flares like F16

NOT 35/45 or 40/40

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

950 chaff and flares ??? Hopefully this WILL fail the integrity check for online play otherwise its just cheating!!

Can't believe i'm even reading will it pass the IC check....

While I agree that 950 charges is indeed kinda ridiculous, the OP specifically wants it for single player. The integrity check he refers to has nothing to do with the IC for MP. In any event, any modification to the FA-18C.lua will fail IC in MP. OP's request is something that others would also like to know how to do, since we've been waiting on the 60 chaff/60 flare option for a while now.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

While I agree that 950 charges is indeed kinda ridiculous, the OP specifically wants it for single player. The integrity check he refers to has nothing to do with the IC for MP. In any event, any modification to the FA-18C.lua will fail IC in MP. OP's request is something that others would also like to know how to do, since we've been waiting on the 60 chaff/60 flare option for a while now.

When one is training with unlimited ammo, one needs unlimited counters

When one is training with unlimited ammo, one needs unlimited counters
Wise words. Turning unlimited ammo On in the Options doesn't affect countermeasures?

-

Hi

Wanting to change the amount of flares and chaffs I went to the lua scrpt and modify this lines:

-- Countermeasures,

passivCounterm = {

CMDS_Edit = true,

SingleChargeTotal = 120,

-- RR-170

chaff = {default = 60, increment = 10, chargeSz = 1},

-- MJU-7

flare = {default = 30, increment = 5, chargeSz = 2}

to this

-- Countermeasures,

passivCounterm = {

CMDS_Edit = true,

SingleChargeTotal = 950,

-- RR-170

chaff = {default = 500, increment = 10, chargeSz = 1},

-- MJU-7

flare = {default = 450, increment = 5, chargeSz = 2}

When i go to the loadout in the game shows than the change has been made but while in fly the amount of flares and chaffs is the default...Is there any integrity check that doesn't allow me to modify this? Its very frustrating to pay for something that you cannot configurate as you want dont you think guys?

We can configure the jet as we want as long as it’s within specification. This is a simulator, not an arcade game. Your request is absurd, just like the increased engine performance in the other thread you posted.

Yep, given his other post is wanting to modify the engines to be more powerful I suspect he would be much happier playing ace combat. Not that there is anything wrong with that! Having to nurse your resources to get you to the target and back isn’t for everyone.

(For some reason my quote of ST0RM didn’t appear but of course am referencing his post)

• 3 years later...

In single player everyone are free to play and use their product as they want and this is basic freedom of anyone. many people need much more chaff and flare for training to study behaviour of them against diffrent threats . in a-10cII madule editing lua files work fine for now and before these last updated it worked with f-14 madule as well but after these and specially last update it shows amount of chaff and flare in mission editor correctly as i edited but in cockpit it shows default value . please help if someone know how to fix this issue . thanks for everyone that participate in this . take care

Edited by CacTusrap

4 minutes ago, CacTusrap said:

In single player everyone are free to play and use their product as they want and this is basic freedom of anyone

Yes, but subject to the license terms that you agreed to when starting use of the DCS software .. read the article 3.1 of the license.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Easy fix would be to have the unlimited ammo setting also enable unlimited countermeasures.

For example, I find training with invulnerability and unlimited ammo to be very efficient, but limited countermeasures takes away from the training.

• Like 3

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb MARLAN_:

Easy fix would be to have the unlimited ammo setting also enable unlimited countermeasures.

For example, I find training with invulnerability and unlimited ammo to be very efficient, but limited countermeasures takes away from the training.

Agreed. Training is more simulator-style anyway, and not simulating any realistic flight. And frankly, DCS lacks easy simulator fight options, so we have to do everything ourselves. We dont even got basic stuff like a training mode with respawning enemies.

Better modding APIs and a less aggressive IC in a singelplayer-only mode would be nice too.

One workaround btw would be to eject and respawn the plane.

Edited by Temetre

Well, darn!  Is this why I couldn't get those F135-P400s to fit?  I figured a little sheet metal work, a couple hose clamps, and I get a 1.7:1 thrust ratio at max TO weight.  Kinda like the original Falcon before they figured out the timing problems on a fast CPU ("fast" being defined as an MC68000 at 7.8MHz rather than the 6 MHz the game was designed for.  Dead stop on the runway to 72,000 feet in less than five seconds).

Add mixed ammo to the gun (alternating AIM-120D and AIM-9X) and I can fire 6,000 missiles per minute!

That would show that stinking MiG-21 set to rookie skill that's been kicking my butt!  Heck, bet I could beat Growling Sidewinder at the merge.  Ok, maybe not Growling Sidewinder...

🙂