December should be a great month for the Hornet.

nacy

Well December was not a great month for the Hornet for me...the A2A guys scored big , and the SEAD/DEAD guys got something , but the CAS guys got diddly . I'm referring to the TPOD HUD indication of course .

Bear in mind that December's not over yet, and the ED crew don't break for the holidays until January. That's not to say that we'll definitely see any more new Hornet features before the end of the year. Just pointing out that it's still possible given that we've only had two thirds of the month so far.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Well December was not a great month for the Hornet for me...the A2A guys scored big , and the SEAD/DEAD guys got something , but the CAS guys got diddly . I'm referring to the TPOD HUD indication of course .

The ATFLIR sounds like it's a long way out yet . Afaik from reading Wag's posts , Lightening , some more AA radar modes and ground radar are all in the pipeline , with no near-term mention of the ATFLIR .

It's a pity , 'cause the Hornet sure needs that belly weapons station . My favorite loadout is 4 MAV-F's and a couple of bombs , and that ain't happening with the LITENING .

Oh well , guess ii'd better pull up my panties and go land the Huey on a carrier :)

There hasn't been official mention of the ATFLIR pod for ages... "maybe" in Q4 2021 at this point... they keep moving the goal line, not surprising December didn't really bring much to the Hornet, par for the course unfortunately.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

If they follow their usual schedule, there wont be another open beta update this year.

So I think no TPOD HUD symbols this december... I was really not expecting this :noexpression:.

I am fine with the TPOD, no need to rush the ATFLIR for me, but TPOD without HUD is nearly useless imo...

but TPOD without HUD is nearly useless imo...

I agree that we need the HUD symbol, but have you tried zooming out all the way with radar elevation while in wide? It's a pretty good view tbh, with FLIR off and the tpod looking forward you can see similarly to out the aircraft, especially on the AMPCD.

but have you tried zooming out all the way with radar elevation while in wide?

Sure, but I just need my little marker on the HUD :)

Of course the TPOD is quiet usefull still. But what I dont understand is the "effort/gain ratio" of this feature. Effort should not be that hugh (compared to other features) to bring the HUD syms, at least the POV marker and I am sure many ppl. would highly appreciate it...

Im so happy that "click" sounds in cocpits are available at least. Thanks ED!, great update :) Now its far more realistic and fun.

I want to ask you when you are talking about new features of TPOD you mean LITENING ot ATFLIR?

And what about ATFLIR, the original F/A-18C pod? Its one of Hornet`s core systems, it is still planned? Thanks. :)

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

So is this correct that we are "only" going to get TWS radar mode on the 18th?

You have done nothing but complain about the F-16 getting TWS before the Hornet since it happened, now that we have TWS for the Hornet you want to start complaining that its all we get!!!!

Seriously mate... just stop will you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad